AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-13, 04:08   Link #21
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
When I first came across this manga, I was under the impression that it was written by Yu Aida of Gunslinger Girl fame (the author turns out to be somebody named Masayuki Takano). The atmosphere, the episodic nature, the facial expressions, even the layout of the panels are somewhat similar. To top it all off, the 2 main characters are giving off Giuseppe-Henrietta vibes (which may either disturb or amuse some readers ).

I guess the main difference between the two (besides the premise and the story themselves) would be the lack of depressing background histories. Most of the stories so far in Blood Alone are much lighter and Misaki's far more cheerful (and some would even say cuter) than any of the cyborgs featured in GsG. Besides these, the characters are much thinner in appearance, the faces have sharper angles for the jaws and the noses, and Kuroe is protecting Misaki instead of the other way around.

So far, the story seems pretty interesting. It shows plenty of potential for development but the author (so far) hasn't saturated it with conspiracies or excessive drama. The pacing's just right and it doesn't leave you depressed for days so it's pleasant enough to be read several times. Masayuki apparently knows how to dish out action, romance, drama, mystery, and a little comedy without going overboard in any aspect so I think that most readers would enjoy this regardless of whether they're into shounen, shoujo, seinen, or josei.

my rating as of volume 2: 8.5/10

Sidenote: Geez, Kuroe getting drunk... God knows what might have happened if he didn't pass out.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>

Last edited by G. Zeus; 2007-04-13 at 05:23.
Old 2007-11-04, 05:35   Link #22
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Is the artwork of Melty Blood worse than Tsukihime? or is it just me who think like that?
Old 2007-12-13, 03:48   Link #23
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Is the artwork of Melty Blood worse than Tsukihime? or is it just me who think like that?
I actually feel the opposite is true; IMO Melty Blood's artist is "better" in that the characters are better drawn and look consistent from panel to panel and page to page, whereas Tsukihime's art (especially in the first volume) is rougher and the characters just look odd and strangely posed at times. IIRC, Tsukihime is Sasakishonen's first "pro" manga title after doing doujinshi, while Kirishima Takeru has been in the business longer.
Old 2008-06-23, 07:10   Link #24
mdauben

I just discovered this manga, and have read the volumes 1, 2, and 4 (I'm having a hard time downloading 3. Not enough seeders perhaps). The first two volumes are fairly easy going, but volume 4 seems to be getting quite serious with the character's backstories.

Good book.

EDIT: I just found out this manga is actually released in the US by some company called "Infinity Studios", so support them an no more downloading licenced material!

Last edited by mdauben; 2008-06-23 at 19:55.
Old 2008-06-23, 10:07   Link #25
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I just discovered this manga, and have read the volumes 1, 2, and 4 (I'm having a hard time downloading 3. Not enough seeders perhaps). The first two volumes are fairly easy going, but volume 4 seems to be getting quite serious with the character's backstories.

Good book.
No doubt. Great pacing, great characters, great balance of everything. Interestingly enough, the whole time I've read through it, I've always felt this...lack of presence...in the story. Despite the fact that there's nothing particularly different, it feels like the world they know is a bit emptier and more barren of people than what we know, which is highly appropriate since it's a vampire's world at night -- the theme park isn't too busy, the swimming pool is empty, their penthouse has only two people, etc.

Plus, the "princess" is like, unstoppably cute. I know I'd give away my whole life to care for her for eternity and more like that guy does.
Old 2008-06-23, 10:48   Link #26
ZODDGUTS

Love the scene where she tried to hypnotize him and he pretended that it worked then a few moments later he told her that it didn't.
Old 2008-06-23, 10:49   Link #27
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

to all who read this

you will not be disappointed but in terms of stoery it is good

not much action and not much gore still this is a good manga
Old 2009-03-23, 19:32   Link #28
tebahpla
Not B&

whatever happend to its author? official site's hasnt been updated since volume 5.

and that was 1 year ago!
Old 2009-03-24, 08:06   Link #29
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Taiwan Kadokawa has it in Mandarin, and there are drama CDs of the series.

Cast:

* Misaki (ミサキ) - Mai Nakahara
* Kuroe (クロエ ) - Toshiyuki Morikawa
* Sainome (サイノメ ) - Rie Tanaka
* Slye (スライ ) - Shinichiro Miki
* Higure (ヒグレ ) - Sanae Kobayashi

And Sawashiro Miyuki as Maria.
Old 2010-07-19, 20:28   Link #30
Calusblade

Spoiler for End of the anime of lunar legends:
Old 2010-07-19, 20:47   Link #31
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calusblade View Post
Spoiler for End of the anime of lunar legends:
Spoiler for anime ending:

But this is some kind of alternative story where she just keeps living in her old apartment like nothing happened and like she doesn't have an uncontrollable craving for blood anymore. Not sure if it's explained later on in the manga.

Storywise, Melty Blood just doesn't deliver the way Tsukihime did. But wasn't Melty Blood originally more of a fighting game and less of a visual novel? Maybe that explains why the story is so average.
Old 2010-07-19, 21:40   Link #32
Xacual

I'm pretty sure Melty Blood follows a route in the game where Arcuied disappeared for a bit after the events of Tsukihime to get her blood lust under control before returning.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, seinen, tsukihime, type-moon