AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 45 51.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-05, 08:08   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Steins;Gate - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-07-05, 13:38   Link #2
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

again, great episode thanks to mamoru miyano's voice acting and the director
and kurisu is so HHHNNNGGGHHHHHH
sadly the animation is a bit off at the start and they keep the guro at minimum too

score 9/10

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-07-05, 14:01   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

S;G 14 - And if time can even heal all neverending misery

And the cat is out of the literal-and-maybe-metaphorical bag. Suzuha is indeed Johnny T. Itor. For an internet hoax, Titor's got style. That also explains what the satellite thingy was - a time machine. A bit inelegant for a time machine, but not every machine can be a phone booth or a DeLorean or a ship or a train. Nice to see Rintaro finally trying some other ideas too, such as talking to Moeka, and, finally, talking to Kurisu. Not to mention the idea of using D-Mail again (I think) and the Time Satellite to actively change the world. (Hopefully one of those timelines can return Akiba to the nerd paradise it's supposed to be, but there are more pressing priorities at the moment.)

In the slightly muddled words of Yogi Berra, "When you come to a fork in time, take it."
Old 2011-07-05, 14:52   Link #4
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Kurisu doing the mad scientist was really cool yet kind of awkward for me to see. Also love how Kurisu said she would believe Okabe 5 hours ago but instead didn't at first

I thought I was getting an endless eight kind of episode this week but luckily the second half revealed a lot of infomation.

Suzuha is John Titor.

Okabe created the divergence meter.

Satellite is a time machine.

Main world line has mini world lines which eventually reaches the only outcome of a particular Main world line.

D-mail and time leap machine can't move someone from a Main world line to another.

Kurisu has a personal spoon and wants a personal fork now.

A fantastic episode!
Old 2011-07-05, 15:06   Link #5
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Suzuha is finally confirmed from the future and that she is John Titor. The satellite is also indeed a time machine. She also reveals important information about the world lines.

Suzuha explains that they right now are in the Alpha world line and reveals her Divergence meter that Okabe created in the future showing the exact timeline they are in. The Alpha and other "big" world lines is comprised of many "mini" world lines that are mostly similar with minor differences that always leads to the same results. No matter what happens, Mayuri will always die in the alpha line. In order to save her, Okabe needs to cross the 1% Divergence into the Beta world line. The question now remains is how do they cross the 1% divergence?

On another note, that Okabe x Kurisu interaction destroyed my nutbaldder. Kurisu doing her own mad scientist impression was so awkward yet so cute. And when before Okabe time leaped again, when she said that she won't remember him calling her Kurisu...she really does care about Okabe.
Old 2011-07-05, 15:10   Link #6
pampz21
ShipCore

damn you Moeka......

Its like Suzuha said "I'am your father!"

well not really John Titor is a guy after all!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-07-05, 15:27   Link #7
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
And so, all the crazy theories here are proven to be false since Suzuha is John Titor. It was theorized many times before that Daru would be Suzuha's father and also John Titor.

Was a great episode, but with this, saving Mayuri suddenly feels too easy. I wonder what kind of world line will the new world line be when they go beyond the 1% divergence number.
Old 2011-07-05, 15:29   Link #8
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Suzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa !!! Kurisuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!! Dman, I really love both of them :3

I loved when Kurisu did the mad scientist scene and her reaction when Okarin told her about her fork and all So cute and funny

I thinl no one is really surprised about Suzuha being John Titor and the satellite beign the time machine but the scene was really well made :3

Dman, I love this serie, can't wait for the next ep !
Old 2011-07-05, 15:46   Link #9
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This episode confirmed my suspicions about Suzuha and the satelite (it did help to rewatch ALL episodes before watching that one, and that's the thing I usually do during this summer between working on my HnA short, Civ5 and BlazBlue games and watching Arte TV).

I died a little inside over the shot of Jelly Mayuuri. Poor little thing could be compared to a kitty who gets shot repeatedly with a different gun or weapon each time. It's like Hazama of BlazBlue and Murphy decided to have a puppet show with Okabe's group, especially with Mayuuri.

Steins;Gate continues to deliver episode after episode and IF Fate/zero comes up as good, this year may as well be named the Year of Nitro+.
Old 2011-07-05, 15:55   Link #10
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Another great episode, I'd give it a 10/10, but I wouldn't call this quite the climax that last episode was .

At least the predictions that Suzuha was John Titor or was related to John Titor were on the mark. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. Poor Mayuri .

In before the "Okabe should've told everyone from the start."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Steins;Gate continues to deliver episode after episode and IF Fate/zero comes up as good, this year may as well be named the Year of Nitro+.
Well as someone corrected me earlier, 5pb is a lot more responsible for this than Nitro+, but still this year has just been great .
Old 2011-07-05, 15:57   Link #11
Aqua Knight

9/10
I wish there was a bit less time-leaps in the beginning of episode, but Kurisu x Okabe moments were wonderful.
Old 2011-07-05, 16:04   Link #12
Crontica

While i still can't get over how he keeps managing to escape his assailants one thing seems seems certain, they dont have reading steiner.

Kurisu is looking more suspicious by the 3rd part, she may be smarter than she lets on or it may be the aftereffects of Kurisu Timeline 0.

What fuels my suspicions is: what is stopping the others from using the time leap device?
Old 2011-07-05, 16:09   Link #13
Aqua Knight

Maybe they are afraid, Daru even said he won't try it.
Old 2011-07-05, 16:19   Link #14
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
While i still can't get over how he keeps managing to escape his assailants one thing seems seems certain, they dont have reading steiner.
I can't recall how Moeka phrased it but the fact that she kept saying, "Mayuuri is dead as she was fated to", something like that, hint that whoever she is texting to may have Reading Steiner (possibly that FB?).
Old 2011-07-05, 16:22   Link #15
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Probably the same reasoning as to why Mayuri keeps dieing.

Great episode. Not terribly surprised about the revelation about Suzuha being Titor. The biggest hints that I noticed were the times when Okabe was talking to Suzuha and Okabe about John Titor, and when Suzuha claimed that her father was Barrel Titor.
Old 2011-07-05, 16:53   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't have much to say about this episode, since all it did what confirm my theories. I shall comment on Kurisu (I'll call her that this time)'s greatness though! She is as insightful as we thought, and all around an awesome companion for Okabe. Her MADDO SCIENTISTO impersonation was awesome. That blush and her smile afterwards were so cute. Gyaaah, I don't know who to ship Okabe with... When in doubt, just go for harem end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And so, all the crazy theories here are proven to be false since Suzuha is John Titor. It was theorized many times before that Daru would be Suzuha's father and also John Titor.
Nothing in this episode disproved that Daru is her dad. Daru is Barrel Titor, not John Titor.
Old 2011-07-05, 16:55   Link #17
AzureWrath

I'm still wondering about the first episode and dead Kurisu. It would be quite....interesting if that is the other world line o.o
Old 2011-07-05, 16:58   Link #18
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
The first half of the episode was depressing with Mayuri dying over and over and Okabe depressed and crying, but thankfully there's Kurisu and Suzuha to make things better - really, Okabe should go to them in the first place. Besides helping Okabe and giving explanations, they help in other things as well. Seeing Kurisu's mad scientist impression, her blushing face and smiles, as well as her admonishing her future self...all so cute. Am I the only one who thinks that when Kurisu is talking about her personal fork and spoon, she may not strictly just talking about kitchen utensils there?

The next important part is of course from Suzuha, confirming some of our speculations and giving more info about how things are. So it's all about the divergence number, huh, at least now Okabe isn't running blind and have a goal to achieve. Her being John Titor, that time machine, and Okabe being important to time travel in the future is obviously predicted already, but I still wonder about what Suzuha means when she says that she's working under the orders of FB...
Old 2011-07-05, 17:24   Link #19
nines
I much prefer the 2d

So it's basically confirmed that Suzuha when she crashed into the building killed Kurisu the first time.

Curious as to what changed the world line so Makise didn't die though now.
Old 2011-07-05, 17:27   Link #20
CatOfTime

Wonder if there's a microwave inside that satellite/time machine

Great episode, once again! As everyone else has already said, it probably wasn't a surprise for anyone that Suzuha was John Titor... the scene was still very well done and made me want to know more about Suzuha's "past" which is the future for current Okabe and friends.

However, it would fit that Suzuha is the daughter of Daru and that's how he is so familiar with Okabe's past. It'd be pretty random if Suzuha ended up being just some soldier that voluenteered for the time travel mission.

But, we still don't know why Suzuha is here. She has said that she is here for her father but I doubt that's the truth. It could be Suzuha that killed Kurisu in the first episode but these are only guesses.

Wondering who the FB is. Probably someone already introduced to us like Kurisu's father or Feyris' dad.

Will be fun to see what happens if Okabe manages to travel between the main worldlines... things could be way different in other worldlines and therefore things could go very badly wrong.
Closed Thread