AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-08, 15:06   Link #1841
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I think that so far the irony has been lost in this thread. Unless I have gone senile, we are talking about an anime that people outside japan have watched on a stream. No one has bought the discs releases to watch Darling in the FranXX, those are months into the future.

But people are saying downloads are hurting the comic books industry? WTF!? The industry is at least one full decade late to the party, we have quite comprehensive streaming services for anime (and movies and tv series) but there is no equivalent for comics and that is because the CEOs of said industries have no foresight.

Before someone says "but video is different, people would NEVER pay for digital printed material", we have already an example in rpg game books sold thru drivethrurpg or opengamingstore.

Marvel/DC need to start releasing their comics digitally (maybe upload them for free for a week and ask for a paid subscription if you want to access a library of past issues) and start to make animated versions of their hit series/stories (not watered down versions they usually create for TV) like manga publishers do. Also, release into graphic novel format those comics that they know are popular (because they can check how many people have read them).

-----------------------------------

Back on topic, I do not see Hiro going against the adults just yet, we do not know how this world works and they will no doubt be killed asap if they openly rebel without a real plan.
Off Topic
Marvel has a service that let you read virtually every comic they have ever put out(except their last six months) for a low monthly fee. And both Marvel and DC release all their new releases as digital download day and date with their physical books.

On Topic
Hiro is going to come out of this mad but I think he has to much sense to do anything without a lot of thought and more info. We may find out if the adults have them completely bugged if he tries to tell anybody else about what happened to him.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:17   Link #1842
_Ninja_

Dr. Franxx knows their story. So he also arranged for them to be reunited. But also if he knew who Zero Two was looking for the entire time he kept it from her.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:17   Link #1843
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
On Topic
Hiro is going to come out of this mad but I think he has to much sense to do anything without a lot of thought and more info. We may find out if the adults have them completely bugged if he tries to tell anybody else about what happened to him.
Well, I don't think he'll even have the chance to. That's not where his priorities lie, I think. Z2 and Hiro will have a nice chat. Let's just hope that the adults won't make a move, Hiro "becoming like Z2" seemed pretty alarming to them.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:22   Link #1844
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Let's just hope that the adults won't make a move, Hiro "becoming like Z2" seemed pretty alarming to them.
But considering how important Zero Two is shouldn't they be happy to have more than one?
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:26   Link #1845
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
But considering how important Zero Two is shouldn't they be happy to have more than one?
That's what's so puzzling to me. I mean sure, it does mean that they lose the precious specimen that Hiro is, in a sense. But it doesn't warrant them being so alarmed. Unless this mutation is actually not as innocent as we think it is and it might have some nefarious effects on Hiro. Maybe next episode Hiro will collapse and be in coma for the whole episode.
Old 2018-04-08, 15:45   Link #1846
Skaddix

Well in theory Dr. Franxx brought in Zero Two to meet Hiro as soon as he could without arousing too much suspicion seeing as Zero Two showed up right when this team got officially sworn in.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:45   Link #1847
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Off Topic
Marvel has a service that let you read virtually every comic they have ever put out(except their last six months) for a low monthly fee. And both Marvel and DC release all their new releases as digital download day and date with their physical books.
Mhh, interesting. Imagine how popular would Crunchyroll or Funimation would be if your memberships subscription to their their catalog did not include anything produced in the last six months or if you had to buy each recent episode before watching. Can you spell failure?

Quote:
On Topic
Dunno if the series is going to go that route, but if I were "the adults" I would have their residence full of cameras and microphones, heck since they will never be part of society I would make a big brother type TV show. It would explain how they never see anyone bring their food, they know exactly when no one is around.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 17:46   Link #1848
Blueknight78

now i'm really start to think which the klaxx are not really the "big deal" and indeed that old "fart concil" are the real deal, the klaxx so far where just really plot device to show us the world and the characters and how things evolve.

And being honest sometimes it's feel like the klaxxs not are even a real danger to mankind not exactly as being the "main target" of the monsters, many times we saw the klaxxs ignoring the franxx to try to reach the towns because they "rea l objective" looks like more somthing the humans are not allow them to reach.

I'm not saying for now which the "monster are the good guys" and probably they will kill much humans are necessary but for sure they goals don't look like wanting to eat/kill/destroy the humans and more like something which is in the human power.
Old 2018-04-08, 19:17   Link #1849
shadow1296

I cried more here than i did in the entirety of Violet Evergarden. This episode really shows the differences in an anime that is made to make you cry and tries to force you to cry. And an anime that actually gets you to cry. I honestly believe no one expected to cry by the end of this episode which is really a momumentously good thing in writing

Last edited by shadow1296; 2018-04-08 at 19:28.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 19:55   Link #1850
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the writing this ep was amazing. i loved how it tied all the little clues dropped (and the not little clues) together to make a complete narrative for the first half of the show. this is how good series writing should be done.

i hope they buck the story told in the credits and have a happy ending. parallelisms within stories is great, but it's always refreshing when something doesn't go the same way.

it's also awesome storyboarding how they changed the weather depending on whose perspective they were telling the story from. Hiro's perspective was always stormy, whereas once 02 gets outside, it was calm and shiny everywhere. did those visual artifacts when they were wandering outside mean anything?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 20:29   Link #1851
leelee85

Quote:
Dr. Franxx knows their story. So he also arranged for them to be reunited. But also if he knew who Zero Two was looking for the entire time he kept it from her.
Do you think that Dr. Franxx Will get his ass kick or will APE will?
leelee85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 21:22   Link #1852
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Well, I don't think he'll even have the chance to. That's not where his priorities lie, I think. Z2 and Hiro will have a nice chat. Let's just hope that the adults won't make a move, Hiro "becoming like Z2" seemed pretty alarming to them.
Could Hiro be the next Papa candidate? (It was never explained why he is "special". His charisma doesn't suit piloting, but being a leader.) That analysis video was talking about the Golden Bough and the new king kills old king related to rebirth. Planet old and dying reflecting old and dying society.
Old 2018-04-08, 22:21   Link #1853
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I cried more here than i did in the entirety of Violet Evergarden. This episode really shows the differences in an anime that is made to make you cry and tries to force you to cry. And an anime that actually gets you to cry. I honestly believe no one expected to cry by the end of this episode which is really a momumentously good thing in writing
I was more moved by Violet myself, and even more so by SoraYori. This whole episode just felt like more of the same thing when it comes to Hiro and the kind of relationships he builds with the people around him. He's the super nice guy who does nice things for others and they all put him on a pedestal forever. We saw this with Ichigo and Mitsuru. Zero 2 is the same. There's nothing interesting about this sort of dynamic, at least to me. It's the sort of thing you find in your average LN and no matter how hard the show tries to sell it, it comes across as flat to me.

But that's just me. Sales skyrocketed after this episode so at least the Japanese like it.
Old 2018-04-08, 22:29   Link #1854
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That's why I wonder if he arranged for the story book to end up in her hands
Old 2018-04-08, 22:53   Link #1855
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
That "for science!" attitude was already his defining characteristic back in episode 1, so it's abhorrent, but not surprising, to see that he is continuing it earlier. What surprised me more about that is that he appears not to have aged. Further confirmation of some sort of attempt at immortality?

Also, if we take the "100 partners" from episode 12 as any guide, where each partner lasts three weeks given an assumed sortie ratio of once a week, it suggests that Zero-Two has been piloting since she was 11... 100 partners = 300 weeks = ~6 years.
Not sure if you noticed, I think everyone is already immortal hence no children is required (or maybe it is not even allowed, else population explosion will occur). Everyone drinks magma.

The others who didnt respond to magma so well probably turned to klaxo instead.

Now that she is puberty and they probably want more zero two, so it will be no surprised if she is already raped many times and have many children... maybe that is why they want her to return.... To make more children... After all, like every parasite, they are just animals in a farm.

And I have now turned to a ichigo supporter....
Old 2018-04-08, 22:55   Link #1856
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I was more moved by Violet myself, and even more so by SoraYori. This whole episode just felt like more of the same thing when it comes to Hiro and the kind of relationships he builds with the people around him. He's the super nice guy who does nice things for others and they all put him on a pedestal forever. We saw this with Ichigo and Mitsuru. Zero 2 is the same. There's nothing interesting about this sort of dynamic, at least to me. It's the sort of thing you find in your average LN and no matter how hard the show tries to sell it, it comes across as flat to me.

But that's just me. Sales skyrocketed after this episode so at least the Japanese like it.
Violet for me, had a problem if being too predictable with it's emotional feelings, you have a handicap child soldier with stunted emotions, who the person she loves last words was that she loves him. That they decided to lie to her about. From episode one I knew the sad moments were coming and I expected them as a result I never cried once. To me that show basically felt like " hey are you crying yet. I bet your crying. I bet you a bawling by now" I am sorry but if a show is going to do that you aren't going to get me to cry. No matter how beautiful it looks.
Old 2018-04-09, 03:41   Link #1857
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Violet for me, had a problem if being too predictable with it's emotional feelings, you have a handicap child soldier with stunted emotions, who the person she loves last words was that she loves him. That they decided to lie to her about. From episode one I knew the sad moments were coming and I expected them as a result I never cried once. To me that show basically felt like " hey are you crying yet. I bet your crying. I bet you a bawling by now" I am sorry but if a show is going to do that you aren't going to get me to cry. No matter how beautiful it looks.
Agreed about Violet. I definitely thought SoraYori was more emotional than Franxx, but well, that show was just really really good all around. Doesn't mean I can't think Franxx is good or emotional (at least in this episode) too.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 06:58   Link #1858
Sakuratsuki

I wonder why people keep torturing themselves with something if they don't like it. Just move on, there is enough variety (anime shows) out there that would satisfy someones need. What I find weird is how someone disregards a show like Franxx because it didn't go how she/he wanted it to go. I would say grab a pen, write your own story and see if someone would animate it for you. Please, use valid arguments to deem a show bad. Because the reasons I see are more based on what you like to see animated because you're obsessed with a certain genre and not because a show is genuinely bad.
Old 2018-04-09, 07:58   Link #1859
Arya

Good episode, I love snow, it's a great setting if not the best to set the right mood, if you know what you are doing, and they knew what to do. It was like they connected the dots they drew in the previous episodes, so not any news, but that fine.
I admit though, the drama didn't hit me that much.
anyways, it's just me or in the first shot of chibi 002 she was labeled as 000? (and speaking of which, wasn't Hiro supposed to be 716?).

A thought to Naomi who I suppose is facing a dire fate.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 15:32   Link #1860
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Could Hiro be the next Papa candidate? (It was never explained why he is "special". His charisma doesn't suit piloting, but being a leader.) That analysis video was talking about the Golden Bough and the new king kills old king related to rebirth. Planet old and dying reflecting old and dying society.
The problem, is that he's still treated like the other kids. If anything, Hiro's strange tendencies seem to have led to the adults viewing him as both something to study and something to fear. If he were the next APE, why isn't he properly raised towards that end?

I do feel like it kind of clicks with Hiro's odd knowledge, but that also seems to be something entirely specific to him as a person rather than it being learned behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
I wonder why people keep torturing themselves with something if they don't like it. Just move on, there is enough variety (anime shows) out there that would satisfy someones need. What I find weird is how someone disregards a show like Franxx because it didn't go how she/he wanted it to go. I would say grab a pen, write your own story and see if someone would animate it for you. Please, use valid arguments to deem a show bad. Because the reasons I see are more based on what you like to see animated because you're obsessed with a certain genre and not because a show is genuinely bad.
Some people can't help but be overly critical, it comes naturally. Then there's those who like to hatewatch. And let's not forget the contrarians, they're a special kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Anyways, it's just me or in the first shot of chibi 002 she was labeled as 000? (and speaking of which, wasn't Hiro supposed to be 716?).

A thought to Naomi who I suppose is facing a dire fate.
Wasn't that theory about Hiro disproved though? I don't see much evidence supporting it.

Someone mentioned it before, but it's safe to say that the revelation of Naomi's fate will be a major turning point in the story. She could be dead, she could be an experiment, or being forced to work extracting magma or something of that order. I'd like to be optimistic and hope some brave liberation force secured her during the chaos of that Klaxosaur attack from ep 1 in the hope that there's at least one group opposing APE, but it's currently just a pipe dream.