AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-21, 02:01   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yosuga no Sora

READ ME FIRST
  1. The Yosuga no Sora anime is told in a branching/"Omnibus" format. This means there are separate story arcs for each of the four main heroines (Kazuha, Akira, Nao, and Sora).

2. Each story arc consists of some "common" or "shared" episodes and some "heroine-specific" episodes. After you complete one story arc, the plot "rewinds" (goes back in time) and takes a different alternate route branching off of an earlier episode. The dialog in the Episode Preview will explain how this works, so please pay attention (or see below).

3. The structure of the episodes is outlined below (subject to change):

TV Airing Structure
    Episode 1: Common Episode 1 for all Paths
    Episode 2: Akira and Kazuha Episode 2
    Episodes 3 & 4: Kazuha Episodes 3 & 4
    Episodes 5 & 6: Akira Episodes 3 & 4
    Episode 7: Nao and Sora Episode 2
    Episode 8 & 9: Nao Episodes 3 & 4
    Episode 10-12: Sora Episodes 3-5

Blu-Ray Arc Structure
    Kazuha (BD1): TV Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4
    Akira (BD2): TV Episodes 1, 2, 5, 6
    Nao (BD3): TV Episodes 1, 7, 8, 9
    Sora (BD4): TV Episodes 1, 7, 10, 11, 12

4. There is an indicator on the episode title screen (right after the OP) that tells you what arc you are on. For example, "AK2" is Akira/Kazuha Episode 2, "K3" is Kazuha 3, and so on. So if you're not sure, just check the title screen.

5. Motoka's story is told in the omake section after each episode. (The second ED in each episode is for this omake segment.)

6. Please don't ask questions in the thread that are answered by this preamble. (Though you may ask clarification questions if the above isn't clear.)

---

ANN is reporting via 2ch (based on the manga tankubon being released next week) that Sphere's eroge Yosuga no Sora will be getting an anime adaptation.

Yosuga no Sora is a romantic drama set in a quiet country setting. Haruka and his twin sister Sora return to the country to live in their grandfather's house after the death of their parents. There Haruka begins to reconnect with a forgotten past and decides on his future.

The game is most famous for its rather distinctive colouring style (with illustrations by well-known artists Takashi Hashimoto and Hiro Suzuhiro), and Sora, the protagonist's blood-related twin sister (and the game's most popular character). Beyond the original game, there was also a fandisk called Haruka na Sora, and the story is being adapted as a manga that runs in Kadokawa's Compace magazine.

Looking forward to this one as well; we're down to maybe not even a single bishoujo game adaptation per season, but at least there are some potentially-decent ones on the horizon now.

(Edit: For reference, I'm actually half-way through the game at the moment. One of the things I like most about the game is the setting/atmosphere, and the weird sort of weightiness to some aspects of the plot. Hopefully they are able to preserve this in the anime and keep it more-or-less story-focused.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-21 at 00:38. Reason: Added bigger preamble
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 03:03   Link #2
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
All I got to say is "Hell yes!"

I never expected this to make it to TV, but there is the manga so deep down I felt there's a real slim chance. Glad to see it made it.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 05:29   Link #3
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Ohh yes i don't expect yosuga no sora get TV anime this fast
I can't wait for moarrrrr twincest
Old 2010-05-21, 13:35   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This announcement took me from the blind side, as i hadn't expected for this title to get an anime adaptation, but i am no less happy for it - as relentless notes, eroge-turned-anime are exceedingly rare these days. And i am happy for each one we get, because, unlike the vast majority of other romance shows out there, these actually tend to offer proper conclusions on romance front instead of leaving things hanging.

I finished the game a while ago, and from what i recall was left with generally good impressions. Like noted above, the general atmosphere of the title was one of it's strong points, so i am hoping they manage to preserve the serene and "weighty" feel, as it made it easy to get immersed in the story. I suppose it shouldn't be very hard to predict which path the anime will take, but one thing i am looking towards is the audience's thoughts on Sora - i expect her to be a fairly polarizing appearance, that people are likely to either like a lot, or dislike with passion. Time will tell i guess
Old 2010-05-21, 14:23   Link #5
Zexas

totally caught me off guard this time never did I expected it to be animated

hoping that they woud be crazy enough to go with the twincest route

not that akira route is bad or anything but it's just that sora route and as a character itself far more interesting than the others

now I'm hoping for akatsuki no goei and majikoi to be animated too
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 13:36   Link #6
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
As someone who finished the game, I'm really looking forward to this adaptation! Hoping the directors decide to go with Sora's route!
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 14:02   Link #7
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Hurray for Yosuga no Sora adaptation! Sora route please!!!
Old 2010-05-23, 17:48   Link #8
Mizuno
Undefined

It must... won't settle for anything else.
Old 2010-05-24, 12:14   Link #9
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

I wonder what the characters look like, any pics?
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 13:47   Link #10
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I wonder what the characters look like, any pics?
Adaptation might be a bit different, but here's the original from the game (the game site is NSFW, characters is 3rd tab on the left sidebar).
Old 2010-05-24, 13:54   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Might add character descriptions later, for now you will have to be satisfied with images of the main characters (From the VN)
(Edit: drat, beaten to it by a siscon ..)
(Edit2: Added character descriptions ... as much as my memory serves me anyway )

Haruka - the male protagonist. Wouldn't really know where to start describing him, as Haruka doesn't really have any traits that stand out (Aside from his physical features sharing similarities with Sora). Your average well-meaning guy who now shoulders the responsibility for his and Sora's immediate future, as their parents died in a car crash just before the start of the story. On the upside, he isn't overly dense either, and gets things done if he sets his mind to it.

Sora - Haruka's twin sister. Having had weak physical constitution ever since birth and the limitations that imposed on her lifestyle during childhood, she hasn't really developed a taste for human relationships. Rather spoiled and lazy, Sora has rather anti social personality and is more annoyed than anything else towards whatever activity that would require effort on her part, social interactions included. (She is extremely abrupt even when it comes to Haruka ... others typically just get an angry glare ) Favorite (and only) pastime includes browsing the internet on her laptop, locked away in her room. (I bet not what many people expected personality wise )

Akira - Local shrine maiden, though her personality is different from what are used of the archetype. A very friendly and outgoing person, Akira is well liked by just about everyone around her. A bundle of positive energy, she is a person that is generally happy with what she has and takes pleasure from little things in her everyday life, brightening up pretty much any scene she takes a part in. Befriending and helping out others is a second nature to her. Very close friends with Kazuha, and a good friend of Ryouhei, whom she forms a quirky comedic duo with.

Nao - Haruka's neighbor and someone he had befriended during their earlier visits in this town, though it has been a couple of years since their last meeting. Somewhat big-sisterly, it is rather obvious she cares about Haruka a great deal, and is rather helpful when it comes to Haruka's first days in this rural town and his adjusting to the new environment. Other than that, i don't really have much to say about her character, as she lacks any distinctive quirks. A fairly ordinary appearance in all aspects, and in my personal opinion, the least interesting character of the bunch.

Kazuha - tsundere fans rejoice, for Kazuha is there to fulfill the token role in this title. Daughter to a rich family (though she doesn't seem to think much of it) and very close friend of Akira, as well as long-time acquaintance of Ryouhei's. Has a somewhat serious and responsible outlook of things, which, along with being somewhat gullible, makes her a frequent target of Ryouhei's and Akira's friendly antics, often prompting retribution towards the later. Her tsun side is mostly reserved for Ryouhei though, as Haruka generally doesn't do anything to provoke her. (And she is of the tsundere type that softens over time, not keep flopping between tsun and dere).

Motoka - Maid working at Kazuha's house, she is occasionally there to collect Kazuha after school via car, if the later is pressed for time for whatever reason. Talks in a rather playful/laid back manner, and is fond of beer. A rather inconsequential appearance during normal course of things, and i doubt we will be seeing much of her.

Ryouhei - the usual "best buddy" character who is quick to befriend Haruka when the latter transfers in to his class, thus bringing Haruka in to this little circle of friends. Horrible at studies but quirky in personality, he tends to act like some lady killer (Though all the ladies, save for Akira, seem to hate him for this ) and a general jokster, often having the assistance of Akira in his antics on a moment's notice. Childhood friend of Akira, and a long time acquaintance of Kazuha, much to the latter's dismay.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2010-07-04 at 13:00.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 20:21   Link #12
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Adaptation might be a bit different, but here's the original from the game (the game site is NSFW, characters is 3rd tab on the left sidebar).
It will probably look like Shuffle the anime..
Old 2010-05-25, 01:42   Link #13
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Wow.. I hadn't expected that this game will have an anime adaption...
I hope it won't stray from the real story in VN and hope they will take Sora route for the main story...
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 00:10   Link #14
wingman32x

This looks really, really, good. I like the summary and the character designs a lot. I can't wait for more info!
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 15:04   Link #15
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Added character descriptions to my previous post for those who are interested ... as much as my memory serves me anyway, has been a good while since i played the VN.
Old 2010-05-28, 16:05   Link #16
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Wait just a second... has someone said the story has incest theme? ho-HO. I'm in.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 02:27   Link #17
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Wait just a second... has someone said the story has incest theme? ho-HO. I'm in.
I was expecting when you would show up, lure for your tastes as the story has the potential of being

And yes, if they go down that route, there is plenty of said theme. Sora and Haruka are actual siblings, twins at that, so if one is tired of being treated the "fake incest" card that is adopted siblings or similar devices typically used, this would likely be a title for you
Old 2010-05-29, 08:45   Link #18
farios

I wonder who gonna voice Haruka and Sora, i'll scream if its Satoshi Hino and Rie Kugimiya, then again Haruka is described to have a feminine voice in the game so i guess it wont be happening
farios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 09:20   Link #19
NinjaYali
Banned

Another visual novel romance?
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 12:33   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
Another visual novel romance?
You mean "another twincest visual novel romance?"

Well the since the possibility is there, I'm in.
I've somewhat come to enjoy the shenanigans of VN animes, be it bad or good.

plus Sora is probably gonna be a hoot to watch

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation