AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-12, 01:41   Link #1
Mitsukage

Johan's roles (and his abilities) in those gangs

I'm just wondering (or I missed something throughout this long series), what kind of roles did Johan play when he was involving those gangs that he was with?

For example, the underground bank group, was he an accountant there or something? What's so special about him (other than he is talented in manipulating people's mind) that those criminals believe in him?

In another instance, the baby arc, I remember that his gang wanted to make Johan the leader of Germany or something (related to politics), again, what so special about Johan there? He is only good at playing with "weak people's" minds only, right?

Then, before that, he was with that Shuvald man, he became his secretary eventually or something, what kind of role was Johan playing there? What now? he is also great in business or something?

If he is that great in business, finance and politics, he must be a "talented psycho."
Old 2006-03-16, 17:19   Link #2
Mumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsukage
I'm just wondering (or I missed something throughout this long series), what kind of roles did Johan play when he was involving those gangs that he was with?

For example, the underground bank group, was he an accountant there or something? What's so special about him (other than he is talented in manipulating people's mind) that those criminals believe in him?

In another instance, the baby arc, I remember that his gang wanted to make Johan the leader of Germany or something (related to politics), again, what so special about Johan there? He is only good at playing with "weak people's" minds only, right?

Then, before that, he was with that Shuvald man, he became his secretary eventually or something, what kind of role was Johan playing there? What now? he is also great in business or something?

If he is that great in business, finance and politics, he must be a "talented psycho."
For the underground bank, he was the 15 year old kid who founded and controlled the bank. As for his other abilities...

"Ah, Johan. He is perfect. Not just in Latin. For law and economics... no, not just that... he has a complete philosophy for everything. That boy is so perfect, he could be considered beautiful."

- Schuwald on Johan

Johan, like Schuwald, actually, apparently self-taught himself many things, and he's likely a universal genius. Makes it all the more unfortunate that he became so twisted.

So, yes, he's a very, very talented sociopath. And it isn't just weak people he can manipulate. Granted, "his mileage may vary" depending upon the person, but he has a stunning ability to persuade and get people to trust him. And as for people wanting him to lead, in Kinderheim, Johan clearly showed that he had great potential for leadership. He has that something - charisma - that draws people to him.

Last edited by Mumei; 2006-03-16 at 18:09.
Closed Thread