AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 08:24   Link #321
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I've just started this anime. It's only 10 episodes long? How much material can it cover with so few episodes?

the character cast is ok. I think the anime has potential. Travelling group is one of my fav, but the introduction of characters is pretty quick, and I don't see how the relationship between three people who know little about each other can suddenly become good comrades. Something in the department of character development seems lacking.
To say the least, it doesn't cover enough of the real plot as it focuses more on the "bonding" arcs of the manga. The order of the anime is actually quite jumbled up if you compare it to the manga but makes sense for an anime watcher. The thing about the sudden meeting is something that was skipped in the anime, but you will grow to learn that their relationship grows throughout the series. At the start they were less of being friends than towards the end (though if you read the manga, you would see that it is a different case ~ the anime can be misleading at times).

But overall, the character development does not lack besides the initial introductions. That is jsut something you will have to swallow.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:53   Link #322
LKK

I'm amused to hear Killz compare the anime to its source material and comment on the differences. He's absolutely right. Once you get over the anime's too rapid throwing the three together, you'll be able to better appreciate the series. You'll see character and relationship development as the series progresses. Based on the reactions each individual episode garnered, episode 3 was when most casual viewers turned into solid viewers in the long haul. Or the short haul, as the case may be here, because unfortunately the series really is only 10 episodes long.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:24   Link #323
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'm amused to hear Killz compare the anime to its source material and comment on the differences.
And who should I blame for that...and the smoking hole in my wallet

But yea blewin. If you end up liking this series you should check out the manga

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-04-13, 10:32   Link #324
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And who should I blame for that...and the smoking hole in my wallet
Um.... Ookla the Mok? Okay, okay, you can blame me if you want.

Quote:
But yea blewin. If you end up liking this series you should check out the manga
Quoted for truth. The manga owns the anime in no uncertain terms.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-04-13, 11:56   Link #325
Kaijin
かいじん

Ordered volume one 3 weeks ago...still not here....waiting...turning into dry husk....want to read...
Old 2008-04-13, 17:23   Link #326
blewin

thanks guys. Looks like the manga is much more logical. I actually quite like the characters, especially the personality of the girl. The anime shows some pretty deep stuff (some philosophies), but they don't have as powerful an impact - I think it's because of the episodic nature.

Does it say in the anime why Heat joined the duo? this has been bugging me since he just showed up without any explanation in ep 1. I thought he must be travelling with the other guy at first, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 17:45   Link #327
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ it does, but that will come later in the series and you have to keep your eyes peeled or you will miss it

Old 2008-04-14, 16:10   Link #328
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, seeing as how the anime ends with kicking off the manga plot, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a second season sometime.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:01   Link #329
blewin

you know what? I did miss it.

Spoiler for Heat:

Finished the anime. I wish they had done it properly to build up the basics. The character cast is a good one, and they can really take the anime to the next level. But everything happens too quickly. Kind of like a let down.

I've checked the manga art. It's very different from the anime. Razel looks less mature, Alzeid looks younger. um.... just can't get into the art.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 19:21   Link #330
Ookla The Mok

I like the Dazzle manga art (though it definitely changes over time), but the manga's main draws are the characters and the story. The main story is only hinted at by the anime, and there's lots more great character interactions in the manga.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 16:53   Link #331
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
Haha, just thought I'd speak out about Amazon and say that after a MONTH they finally ship my items.
Vol2 still is not available, but 1,3,4 should arrive next week.
Vol.9 is available for pre-order. =)
way2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 03:59   Link #332
shuin0120
Enpatsu no Christmas Eve

Send a message via Yahoo to shuin0120
hmm what is the diff with dvd series to tv series ^^
shuin0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 04:23   Link #333
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuin0120 View Post
hmm what is the diff with dvd series to tv series ^^
I don't think there is any significant difference. I checked out the DVD versions of the episodes and couldn't find anything new or different.
Old 2008-05-03, 05:57   Link #334
shuin0120
Enpatsu no Christmas Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I don't think there is any significant difference. I checked out the DVD versions of the episodes and couldn't find anything new or different.
thanks for the reply hmm, usually the dvd version is atleast more special than the tv version maybe the dvd version of this anime was improved quality?~kana?>
Old 2008-05-03, 06:10   Link #335
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sooooooooundtrack.

'Take you as you are (Slow Ver.)' is by far my favorite piece of music on the soundtrack, hands down. Oh and for people who are wondering, the composer is ZIZZ STUDIO.
Old 2008-05-03, 09:36   Link #336
LKK

I'm about halfway through my first listening of the soundtrack. Still a little too early to pick a favorite track. But the top candidates so far are Take You As You Are (original and slow versions), Rahzel's theme (original), Alzeid's theme (original), and Tabiji no Hate ni. Tabiji no Hate ni was one of the earliest pieces of music in the anime itself that caught my attention. It's used early in the series. Maybe as early as episode 1.

Edit: The vocal version of Take You As You Are (the insert song from ep 10) isn't included on the OST. Not even as an abbreviated TV version. I had thought it might be. Disappointed. I'm glad I have a copy of the full version elsewhere because it's a lovely song.

I finished the album. The top contenders I listed above are still the top contenders for favorite OST track. I'm not sure I could narrow it down further. They each have their special attraction.

Last edited by LKK; 2008-05-03 at 10:20. Reason: added edit
Old 2008-05-03, 12:31   Link #337
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The vocal version of Take You As You Are (the insert song from ep 10) isn't included on the OST.
Isn't that the second track on the OP single? Listen to all of it, and you'll hear the part you're trying to find.
Old 2008-05-03, 12:34   Link #338
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Lovely soundtrack it is

I never actually counted how many versions of "take you as you are" there were so it was pretty amusing to see so many

My fav track from the OST ~ Kako he no Tsuioku! (Emotional melody, it is just beautiful to listen to with your eyes closed).

but I like a lot of the other tracks as well, especially Rahzel's and Alzeid's ^^

Old 2008-05-03, 15:04   Link #339
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Isn't that the second track on the OP single? Listen to all of it, and you'll hear the part you're trying to find.
Yes, you're right. I was merely expecting some form of the insert song on the OST as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I never actually counted how many versions of "take you as you are" there were so it was pretty amusing to see so many
You made me curious, so I counted. There are 6 variations of Take You listed by name and 4 variations of Heartbreaking Romance. That doesn't include the tracks that are based on one of those songs but don't have those exact titles.

Quote:
My fav track from the OST ~ Kako he no Tsuioku! (Emotional melody, it is just beautiful to listen to with your eyes closed).
That's a lovely track as well.

What surprised me were the number of tracks that I couldn't correlate to an episode scene. Most of those are the tracks in the twenties of the track listing. The ones that have actual names. Gives me an excuse to go back and watch the anime through again. This time with an ear towards finding those specific music pieces.

Old 2008-05-04, 00:55   Link #340
shuin0120
Enpatsu no Christmas Eve

hmm I dont this is against the rules so i will ask this:

what are the titles of the soundtrack of this anime?

thanks in advance ^^

Tags
adventure, comedy