AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-13, 02:06   Link #261
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ok any way if the audience were to choose who would you choose??

nagi or his sister????

pls tell me

for i one for sure choose nagi cuz of here simple minded and cup A breast(dully note: somtime prefer a tupe a women ehhehehe)
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 02:22   Link #262
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I'm almost positive this episode was animated in 2's, which is quite an accomplishment for the usually animated in 1's TV animation.
Don't you mean usually animated in 3's or is my understanding of this wrong? Because we go from 3's being animated with 8 frames per second to series like Mushi-shi with 2's which is 12 frames per second? I don't have a firm grasp on this sort of stuff so please correct me if I'm under the wrong impression.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 02:40   Link #263
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

whoah from anime to frame rate umm question how does quality improve on frame rates????

is it low frame rate high quality or the opposite???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 03:18   Link #264
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But we have very different attitudes toward voices, clearly. Tomatsu's timbre was "all over the place" because she was doing different bits of comedy schtick. In any case, I think many people take too limited and technical a view of voice acting, and judge seiyuu as if they were announcers rather than comic or dramatic actors.

Hirano is nowhere near as "professional" as many seiyuu, but she is far more interesting in her varied approaches, and more effective at communicating real emotion in the roles where that is called for. The way I think of it is that many seiyuu can simulate emotion, but Hirano can make me think she feels it.
I'm not referring to different bits of comedy Tomatsu's trying to perform, rather the daily-talk-routine (for lack of a better description); dialogue which should sound the same. Don't get me wrong...she does a relatively good job of conveying emotion. It just feels like, and maybe this is due to inexperience on her part compared to someone like Sawashiro, it still takes a while for her to stabilize for a particular role.

I suppose each to their own. I think Hirano does an extremely poor job of conveying any emotion at all, especially for someone who's supposedly a "good" VA. Add to that, she's only capable, from what I've heard, only one voice with VERY little variation. Konata, Haruhi, Polka, the sister in Tora Dora, all the same and only a step or 2 above dictating...The only thing she has going for herself is that she's mildly attractive (which isn't exactly the most useful skill for a VA); nothing more. Her popularity stems from being cast for the right role at the right time, not from her talent (or lack thereof). Replace Hirano with Akiyama Nana during the same point in time, and her popularity would be at a similar level as Hirano's right now.

Sawashiro has a similar problem, partially due to both of them having a very unique voice, but she's capable of changing her voice significantly (most recent example would be her side role as Maaya in World Destruction). Her voice acting in Kannagi is, imho, average for her. Not the best, but by no means the worst either.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 12:32   Link #265
loltan

Episode 2 - 16:43 - Dragon Ball reference.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 13:40   Link #266
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
ok any way if the audience were to choose who would you choose??

nagi or his sister????

pls tell me

for i one for sure choose nagi cuz of here simple minded and cup A breast(dully note: somtime prefer a tupe a women ehhehehe)
None, since both of them are too quirky for me. Normal girls is what I want, not some whimsical goddess with ulterior motives.
Old 2008-10-13, 13:56   Link #267
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't you mean usually animated in 3's or is my understanding of this wrong? Because we go from 3's being animated with 8 frames per second to series like Mushi-shi with 2's which is 12 frames per second? I don't have a firm grasp on this sort of stuff so please correct me if I'm under the wrong impression.
True, my mistake. I indeed meant 3's.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 13:59   Link #268
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

ohhh this is certainly a nice surprise. Been looking around for something light this season and this one fits like a glove.

Animation is fluid, the VA and the dialogue was good. The comedy works on me

Chara design wise is rather run of the mill though.

Both the OP and ED is eye catching. OP for the animation and ED for the music.
I wonder how long before people start mimicking Nagi's dance in the OP
Old 2008-10-13, 14:39   Link #269
loltan

They killed the cats just because they didn't want to animate a scene with Nagi breastfeeding... or they really hate little kittens...
Old 2008-10-13, 14:59   Link #270
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
They killed the cats just because they didn't want to animate a scene with Nagi breastfeeding... or they really hate little kittens...
They followed the exact scene from the manga.
Old 2008-10-13, 15:02   Link #271
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

You know... the opening of this anime and Rosario's made me lose a lot of blood because of MOE OVERLOAD!!!
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 15:39   Link #272
Falkor

Watching Rosario’s opening somehow made me realize that it’s not “just a dance.” I don’t know; I don’t get the same vibes or feelings watching Rosario’s "version." Animation is not as smooth; song is not as catchy; choreography is not as “difficult” or entertaining; overall presentation is not good enough for an automatic re-watch every single episode. I’m pretty sure it’s not because the surprise effect has been worn off after so many dances, but because there must be a little something Yamakan, and only Yamakan can do. I don’t remember how many times did I repeat the dance in Suzumiya Haruhi; I can’t count how many times did I re-watch the opening sequence in Lucky Star; and now, I’m not sure if there exists a day I might get tired of watching Nagi singing and dancing on stage
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 16:04   Link #273
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 16:20   Link #274
loltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 2
Spoiler:
Oh yes. The scene where Nagi talks about how she can't breastfeed is one of my favorites.
Old 2008-10-13, 16:44   Link #275
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I wasn't caught at first by the manga and it's adaptation, but after ep 2 I'd say I am now!

I like all those touch of humor, like the wand on table, or the superball joke...

I didn't realise it at first, but the animation is really top-notch: it moves! it moves! it moves!

The OP is nice, but the ED is definitly one of my favorite this season.

Definitly a great addition to my watch-list!
Old 2008-10-13, 17:38   Link #276
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Nice show so far it is a pity that this only has 12 eps

And she is a failure as a god
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 17:53   Link #277
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I dont quite get it... is this a music anime, or a slice of life with a mix of supernatural?

Anyway, I downloaded Xedo-speedsubs or whatever they're called, and omg... really really indescribably horrid.... thank god Ayako subs came out....
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 17:56   Link #278
stormy001_M1A2

I dunno, but she is pretty whimsical goddess to me. Pretty scary since she has all those juju that can make your day very unpleasant if she wants to.
Old 2008-10-13, 18:09   Link #279
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Looks like Ayako's avi has a problem (I don't see any subs -.-) .... I'll have to download the mkv to finaly enjoy a full translation
Old 2008-10-13, 18:13   Link #280
Estaron
*Fansubber

Ayako xvid version had the wrong script encoded. Please DL the mkv version for now. A v2 will be released as soon as the encoder comes back. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Estaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen