Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-17, 16:11   Link #61
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
but you can't switch from what 10 weapons in mid fight/combo?

and obviously you guys havent tried the hardest mode on DMC4 where the little mobs are harder than bosses.
It's been a while, but wasn't it you could only switch between 2 weapons? Though you could do it for both weapons you got, but the secondary weapon in DMC weren't as important as the main weapon. With Bayonetta you are limited to 2 sets, but with Bayonetta you also have separate button for shooting the guns and both equipped weapons are important. Sure you have a bit more freedom, but it isn't that different. o____O

I'll admit I haven't played DMC4, I switched over to Ninja Gaiden. I though NG was better then DMC3 so there was no reason to look into DMC4. Also hearing 4 sucked compared to 3.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:00   Link #62
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think the only reason they think it sucks because of Nero. in DMC4 Dante can switch constantly from all his weapons and styles ( if i remember correctly)
Old 2010-01-17, 18:39   Link #63
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
I think the only reason they think it sucks because of Nero. in DMC4 Dante can switch constantly from all his weapons and styles ( if i remember correctly)
It sucked because you need to play the same game twice in one sitting and there are like only 4 different type of bosses you have to fight 3 times over. Dante is just a lazy copy & paste job over from 3 but without the arsenal.

Bayonetta is what DMC4 should have been.

As fir those who complained about the lead, I ask you, what is your impression of a witch ? Someone who is sugar, spice and everything nice ? Or somebody who is more of a whore.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:41   Link #64
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Heh, at least the criticism to the game is only limited to plot and characters. Kinda attests to the quality that the game is.
It's a lot better than the typical pretty boy with silver/white hair main character for sure. I mean my gawd have you guys seen FF13 Versus? It's totally Nsync-ish. I would like to see more strong sexy female leads. FF13 and Castlevania order of the ecclesia comes to mind.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:09   Link #65
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Nero was a reason DMC4 sucked, but he wasn't the only reason. The game wasn't laid out well, told well and over all it felt like a filler episode in a long running series.....a multi-hour filler episode.
Old 2010-01-17, 21:55   Link #66
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
As fir those who complained about the lead, I ask you, what is your impression of a witch ? Someone who is sugar, spice and everything nice ? Or somebody who is more of a whore.
ever see wizard of oz? apparently not :P

if DMC4 wasnt there last of the series i think they would have put more effort into it. i wonna go back in time and do w.e it takes to keep DMC2 from being made the way it was and make sure Nero never exsists and also make sure whats his face is fired/quits
Old 2010-01-17, 22:55   Link #67
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I dont know if people are just exaggerating about how easy it was or i'm just not that good at action/hack slash games but I found quite a few sections quite difficult. especialy those sections that had you face 4-5 of the later enemies only to be thrown into a boss battle right after.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 00:29   Link #68
ac3y

So, is it worth it to at least rent this game?
Do you think it's play through-able in a two day rental? Or should I get a 7 day rental?
Old 2010-01-18, 00:31   Link #69
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
ever see wizard of oz? apparently not :P
So we have The White Witch there and I might add, for the past decade, Hermione from Harry Potter

But try going out and ask about witches from the general folks. What you'll get is mostly a harlot of the Devil with magical powers dressed in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
So, is it worth it to at least rent this game?
Do you think it's play through-able in a two day rental? Or should I get a 7 day rental?
In a sitting, maybe 8 hours or so. Trying to unlock everything will take days.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 00:48   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

10 hours seems to be a good time limit for a first run, but you'll definitely want to play the game again, depends on how hooked you are...still haven't played it though
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 02:37   Link #71
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

i had my doubts with this game at first with all the hype but it's a good entertaining game and probably the best for this genre.

Controls is smooth, didnt had to wrestle with the camera much and lots of interesting combo moves you can pull off.

Only gripe i had is that one mini game that overstayed it's welcome and quicktime events.
Old 2010-01-18, 09:20   Link #72
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

and Bayonetta didn't repeat bosses? I recall fighting the same damn thing about 5 times each, not as much health as before but still damn annoying.
Old 2010-01-18, 11:52   Link #73
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Which was a problem. They shouldn't assign three weapons to one button. It worked for Vergil in DMC3 since you could switch with both buttons but doing it in DMC4 with one was an unnecessary hassle.

What was needed was the ability to switch what was in the slots whenever you wanted. DMC3 you could only switch weapons at Time Statues and between missions. It was thought Capcom could rectify that in DMC4 but instead they did away with it by making you switch between all three. I learned to work with it but I always would have preferred Two-weapon swap

And nothing in Bayonetta has shown itself to be as broken as Lucifer and Gilgamesh's Real Impact (beating DMD bosses in less than 30 seconds), not even Witch Time since it's not available in the highest difficulty.
Old 2010-01-18, 12:01   Link #74
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I want to move out of the Netherlands. Bayonetta is selling like shit over here, I need to go to a better country where people have taste. ;_;
Old 2010-01-18, 12:05   Link #75
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I want to move out of the Netherlands. Bayonetta is selling like shit over here, I need to go to a better country where people have taste. ;_;
at the same time they prob wish u would move because of your bad taste (not sayin that i think you have bad taste)

just a version of "you hate them, Im sure they hate you"
Old 2010-01-18, 12:48   Link #76
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
at the same time they prob wish u would move because of your bad taste (not sayin that i think you have bad taste)

just a version of "you hate them, Im sure they hate you"
Well I was joking.

Overall in europe it isn't doing bad. I just hope platinum get's the needed profit from this game.
Old 2010-01-18, 15:49   Link #77
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Bayonetta's repeat bosses aren't bosses anymore, they're just cannon fodder until you get to the next boss. While DMC 4 purposely made you go through the same level to the same boss.

And I don't find Bayonetta HARD per say, as the only parts i died too were spontaneous explosians for no reason. Like the first time going through stage 2 even when you defeat the dragon heads in the church building, they throw it off shoot a fireball and then you need to hit Square (or X) to finish the cutscene. That was really fast and unexpected for me and I died. I then laughed and hit continue to literally try again a few seconds later
Old 2010-01-18, 16:06   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest

These types of games sure are miles away from the norm though -remembers his Eve of Extinction, GAWD!-
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 16:23   Link #79
u43368
Disabled By Request

The only thing that bothers me are the stupid QTE (worst idea ever, only liked it in RE4) and the fact that healing items are rare and don't do much.... so most of the time I just let myself die to get full health again and any parts I have trouble with.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 17:15   Link #80
Airista

Yeah my showed my bro the videos of these and he like hot damn. I think dancing scenes can get a little annoying but overall it looks like good afternoon kill, most likely rent it
Airista is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi