AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-07, 17:32   Link #1901
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

What a nice episode it was.

I too must say the sudden dark sword appearance throw up a lot of questions. I really hope we have something really sinister at work here that is still around.
Old 2011-06-07, 19:04   Link #1902
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Haha yea thats true but even childhood friend angle isn't enough. I don't think they even heard of same sex relations XD
Actually that brought to mind something. Can they even cross breed? I mean can dog people only have children with other dog people and such?
Old 2011-06-07, 19:47   Link #1903
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

dogs can breed with dogs >_> i think you mean Cats and dogs.. in that case

Old 2011-06-07, 20:01   Link #1904
Sekirei07

AHHHHH childhood trauma! ><
Old 2011-06-07, 20:07   Link #1905
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I must say that Leo is the most supreme archer in all of existence. She can hit the hilt of a sword at 2.76 miles (completely made-up figure) without so much as scratching Shinku's hand. DAYUM.
Old 2011-06-07, 20:58   Link #1906
Qikz

I'm really pleasently suprised with Dog Days, I went in at the beginning expecting something lackluster and I got something REALLY enjoyable. I've loved everything about this series so far!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 21:41   Link #1907
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Dog Days surely did do an amazing job at bringing such excitment into play Now that the whole Milhi and Cinque dying ordeal is over, I wonder how the last two episodes are going to play out (with Cinque going back to his own place since the conflict is over I guess.. With them somehow finding a way to do it)
Old 2011-06-07, 22:13   Link #1908
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Dog Days surely did do an amazing job at bringing such excitment into play Now that the whole Milhi and Cinque dying ordeal is over, I wonder how the last two episodes are going to play out (with Cinque going back to his own place since the conflict is over I guess.. With them somehow finding a way to do it)
I don't know, there is WAY to much still left unknown for this to end in 2 episodes without a second season to make up for what won't be told.

Important key things for second season material:

1. The origins of that demonic sword
2. Milly telling that Shinku can be re-summoned if needed

Actually something seemed odd about that last episode. We got so much hype about the Samurai girl being a freaking demon hunter, yet she didn't even get a freaking CAMEO in the whole episode! I mean where was she the whole time!? She knew the demon was coming and she was made to look like she was going to go after it, yet what the hell happened?

Also we don't know if there lives are safe yet. It didn't say she was going to die by demon and now is the perfect time for her to die. Leo has her guard down thinking its safe, unless of course her vision still says she will die. Also, until that sword is been turn to dust I still see it potentially coming back and screwing them over somehow.
Old 2011-06-07, 22:21   Link #1909
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Actually something seemed odd about that last episode. We got so much hype about the Samurai girl being a freaking demon hunter, yet she didn't even get a freaking CAMEO in the whole episode! I mean where was she the whole time!? She knew the demon was coming and she was made to look like she was going to go after it, yet what the hell happened?
I was quite curious where they were the entire time as well.. Probably the only flaw that I can think of from this episode.

Quote:
Also we don't know if there lives are safe yet. It didn't say she was going to die by demon and now is the perfect time for her to die. Leo has her guard down thinking its safe, unless of course her vision still says she will die. Also, until that sword is been turn to dust I still see it potentially coming back and screwing them over somehow.
Leo's last vision had Milhi crying while getting sliced up by what I can assume is the demon. But Cinque and Milhi were both dead in the very first vision that we saw. Possibly the fact that the sword possessed Cinque since Leo didn't know what was happening and couldn't snipe the sword from 1-3 miles away? Or the sword simply killed both of them.

But then again, very early in the anime I thought this would be a relaxing anime to enjoy, but the sudden change certainly surprised me. So they still might have something to throw at us.
Old 2011-06-07, 23:08   Link #1910
PastPrime

Quote:
I don't know, there is WAY to much still left unknown for this to end in 2 episodes without a second season to make up for what won't be told.

Important key things for second season material:

1. The origins of that demonic sword
2. Milly telling that Shinku can be re-summoned if needed

Perhaps what they fought this episode was a scrub and we get to see a fight against the big boss start next episode. That is my theory anyway. The Demon Hunters went after the strongest demon.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 23:46   Link #1911
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I noticed in episode 10 when Cinque was going into full "I WILL SAVE MIHI MODE" His inner Setsuna voice came out.
Old 2011-06-07, 23:48   Link #1912
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Perhaps what they fought this episode was a scrub and we get to see a fight against the big boss start next episode. That is my theory anyway. The Demon Hunters went after the strongest demon.
If the next two episodes are basically gonna be about the strongest demon being fought against. This could be a big opening for a second season with trying to get Cinque home??
Old 2011-06-07, 23:52   Link #1913
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 10

Well that was a ....strange ep? Something felt different.... like the complete lack of Purple Hair, Ricochet, Yukikaze, Brioche, Color Girls, everyone else that does not have a legendary weapon?

I understand, that's how it goes. But the thing that got me laughing most of all.... now, I'm not trying to be rude here, but all this was because a sword fell on the little foxy thingy? really, who was that evil soldier who threw his sword into the sky, as if it was a banquet toss intended for the next unsuspecting wielder...

That better not be left unexplained, because it's too convenient, and not enough episodes left to have a satisfactory ending in terms of how interesting of a story they can come up with on who made/is/bought that sword. I mean, what happened to that bit about Noir's tales about demons lurking the lands, it was all because the poor little fox was the victim of a stray weapon?

But what of it, the most damning thing of all, is this:

You lousy kitchen Sink. Is that your hand I see there? IS THAT YOUR HAND AROUND MY GREEN DOGGY?!? Hands off my property! But of course the best part of the ep, was Millimeter's wardrobe malfunction. That must be quite a sword, huh, providing clothing to its wearer. Now imagine if Millimeter and Leon-sama fought to the death, it seems like before any legendary weapons run out of energy, clothes will be lost. Heh heh that episode 02 was like a foreshadowing, when Leon-sama lost her weapons then, her clothes were next. How ironic

Ahem anyways, what with that cliffhanger'ish end, is it safe to say Eclair is kaput, or I think she jumped off before reaching the boundary of the Green Zone. Huh.... Er, yeah, that's what I wanted to mention. Leon-sama's bow shot. Eclair blocked a shot like that back in ep 02, yet the evil sword got the cut. I guess a couple hundred years all wrapped up doesn't age a sword well

Quote:
oh.. you mean THIS!?

Spoiler for NWS Bikinis!:

guess until mangatron comes on
Well now that's a pic. Great part is, we can color it! *passes out coloring pencils*

Thinking about it, have these 2 actually met?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 23:55   Link #1914
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Hey, 7Arcs needs to cover the whole "Naked Girl in a jar/crystal scene" and Mihi fits that, except we didn't see the whole "floating inside scene"
Old 2011-06-08, 00:08   Link #1915
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well that was a ....strange ep? Something felt different.... like the complete lack of Purple Hair, Ricochet, Yukikaze, Brioche, Color Girls, everyone else that does not have a legendary weapon?

I understand, that's how it goes. But the thing that got me laughing most of all.... now, I'm not trying to be rude here, but all this was because a sword fell on the little foxy thingy? really, who was that evil soldier who threw his sword into the sky, as if it was a banquet toss intended for the next unsuspecting wielder...

That better not be left unexplained, because it's too convenient, and not enough episodes left to have a satisfactory ending in terms of how interesting of a story they can come up with on who made/is/bought that sword. I mean, what happened to that bit about Noir's tales about demons lurking the lands, it was all because the poor little fox was the victim of a stray weapon?

But what of it, the most damning thing of all, is this:

You lousy kitchen Sink. Is that your hand I see there? IS THAT YOUR HAND AROUND MY GREEN DOGGY?!? Hands off my property! But of course the best part of the ep, was Millimeter's wardrobe malfunction. That must be quite a sword, huh, providing clothing to its wearer. Now imagine if Millimeter and Leon-sama fought to the death, it seems like before any legendary weapons run out of energy, clothes will be lost. Heh heh that episode 02 was like a foreshadowing, when Leon-sama lost her weapons then, her clothes were next. How ironic

Ahem anyways, what with that cliffhanger'ish end, is it safe to say Eclair is kaput, or I think she jumped off before reaching the boundary of the Green Zone. Huh.... Er, yeah, that's what I wanted to mention. Leon-sama's bow shot. Eclair blocked a shot like that back in ep 02, yet the evil sword got the cut. I guess a couple hundred years all wrapped up doesn't age a sword well

Well now that's a pic. Great part is, we can color it! *passes out coloring pencils*

Thinking about it, have these 2 actually met?
I call the boobs! *grabs green marker*
Old 2011-06-08, 00:09   Link #1916
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

One thing I found curious:

Milly-chan was completely naked, yet even though her hair has got both her breasts covered, she still elected to cover THEM in embarrasment instead of her COMPLETELY exposed groin, BOTH times she is exposed in front of Shinku.

She's a nice girl, yes, but priorities young lady, priorities!!
Old 2011-06-08, 00:59   Link #1917
mangatron

Quote:
I call the boobs! *grabs green marker*
What... the heck man did you just say green boobies? This aint sci-fi lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
One thing I found curious:

Milly-chan was completely naked, yet even though her hair has got both her breasts covered, she still elected to cover THEM in embarrasment instead of her COMPLETELY exposed groin, BOTH times she is exposed in front of Shinku.

She's a nice girl, yes, but priorities young lady, priorities!!

There is a logically scientific reason for this event. No, I'm not going to mention the part where the hair always, ALWAYS seems to cover the right spot on their boobies no matter the situation.

Dare I say she's furry down there? *RUNS*

Old 2011-06-08, 01:31   Link #1918
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Ah, blame it on the artistic-direction for my misunderstanding...
Old 2011-06-08, 02:28   Link #1919
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Hey, 7Arcs needs to cover the whole "Naked Girl in a jar/crystal scene" and Mihi fits that, except we didn't see the whole "floating inside scene"
OH wait wait! Back to the Nanoha reference drinking game!

Take a shot for girl floating inside a liquid mass container!

Also, I don't get why/how exactly was our Hero able to summon his glider and shield without him having his ring equipped? I mean didn't they establish that the ring is what helped create what he imagined? He sure as hell didn't have the ring until he got to the princess so whats up with that?

I mean if anyone could do it you think someone else would have the idea to make a weapon or something via imagination but no, not a single person other then him does it, or tech princess did it but with the rings on!

I mean to set up the rules to only break them is kind of misleading. Also, if our Hero could make things with the use of his imagination, why the hell didn't he make his glider have some kind of freaking flight capability!? He can make it take any shape or form he wants yet he couldn't add some freaking wings on it? It would have saved the use of a freaking puppy sacrifice.

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2011-06-08 at 03:15.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 04:26   Link #1920
mangatron

Quote:
Also, I don't get why/how exactly was our Hero able to summon his glider and shield without him having his ring equipped? I mean didn't they establish that the ring is what helped create what he imagined? He sure as hell didn't have the ring until he got to the princess so whats up with that?

I mean if anyone could do it you think someone else would have the idea to make a weapon or something via imagination but no, not a single person other then him does it, or tech princess did it but with the rings on!
I had wondered about that. I clearly remember the past 9 eps, and they made it look like his ring did all the work. But I also remember back then that I had wondered where does that stuff come out of

..but seriously, there are a number of (unofficial) ways to look at it (at least the way I look at it). He's the Hero, ja, whether that is because he wears the ring, or because he was pulled through a Stargate, I don't know. I do know that they have this spiritual power thing, like their palm energy or whatever that was (sorry I'm a little pre-occupied right now ) but the point I'm making is, I think it's the whole Flonyard powers thing here, although it's undeniable that ring is where his stick comes from, so.... here's one for the goof reel?

Quote:
I mean to set up the rules to only break them is kind of misleading. Also, if our Hero could make things with the use of his imagination, why the hell didn't he make his glider have some kind of freaking flight capability!? He can make it take any shape or form he wants yet he couldn't add some freaking wings on it? It would have saved the use of a freaking puppy sacrifice.
Oh, in other words, why didn't he put some chairs in there, maybe a couple of seatbelts, maybe add forward swept wings , but I think the reason why it's still a lifting body glider is because something about his lack of training into that sort of thing. Or it was mentioned earlier about his spirit levels or....

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen