AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 11:47   Link #941
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Haha, poor Nae, had her stories cut in both S;G & R;N.
BTW as I remember the game's sales were solid.
Game sold 80k on the first week. Mainly due to Steins;Gate influence?

I can't find the current sales number, but S;G has sold at least 400k copies (all systems combined), which is a feat with adventure-novel type of games.

As for anime sales, S:G BD Vol 1 had 12k sales on the first week. R;N on the other hand, only 1.2k.

I wouldn't say R;N game sales was a flop, but it definitely was riding on the popularity of S;G, and I don't imagine the numbers to stretch much after the initial week. You can see the hype was set, as the anime was planned before the game was released, with airing times confirmed.

Originally, Chiyomaru twitted that S;G was considered a huge success if the game sold more than 50k.
Old 2013-02-03, 03:15   Link #942
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I've never seen a character quite like Kona.

Best original character.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 20:01   Link #943
SPECTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
So I havnt watched this yet but Im planning to but can anyone tell me:

1. Is there some kind of end of the world stuff happening?

and

2. Is there any romance?

Thanks
1. Yes
2. so-so to this point.
SPECTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 23:26   Link #944
Greenish Growth

ep15:

Wow, that was pretty cool. They used the actual night sky and not just random dots for stars (around the 17 min 53 sec mark). The stars were colored properly too. I can make out the constellations. It's unusual when an anime production takes the time to show real stars like that. It's a lot easier to make it all up which is why you just about never see it done.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 15:34   Link #945
Algent

About the Bishie from last week (Kimijima), now that we saw him, something in his look bother me. he look too much like Makishima from Psycho-Pass and in anime this is almost always the look of a bad guy.
Well I also dislike bishies so my judgment is clouded.

Spoiler for Episode 16:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 15:49   Link #946
bastek66

Sh*t just hit the fan.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 16:12   Link #947
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shit just got realer than real.

Spoiler for 16:
Old 2013-02-07, 21:33   Link #948
sikvod00

Wow...I actually teared up at the last scene. And the BGM that was playing was so fitting.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 23:02   Link #949
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I really don't get it why a show with such good and constant drama build up sells like shit .-.
Old 2013-02-08, 00:10   Link #950
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

OH DEAR GOD this season is really having stuff happen. DEAR lord she just, he just
Spoiler for :

it all seems to be linked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I really don't get it why a show with such good and constant drama build up sells like shit .-.
the action addicted masses doesn't have the patience for a traditionally structured series.
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 01:20   Link #951
Aesthetic Shampoo

That had to be the best scene in the series yet. When the legs forced her to stand up was a fucking ow moment.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 02:52   Link #952
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Compared to the original VN, the anime version is much fast paced.

I think the main problem is that the story drags and doesn't get to its point until very late in the series. You have this giant build up that lasts for about 3/4 of the game, all because of the way the series been structured.

Take S;G for example. Story really picks up when Rounders showed up (about 1/4 of the story), and stays that way all the way until the end (ok, maybe Feyris and Ruka route/end was more like a side tracking event). The story was clear, and stayed around the main event for most of the time.

However, the story for R;N doesn't pick up until much later. After all this time, what are they trying to do and solve? Solve the problems of the robot so they can take it to the expo? That can't be it, the series is not about that. Solve the mystery of the conspiracy? Haven't seen Kaito do a lot about it, except collecting the reports and dismissing it as crazy talk. Closest thing so far is the robot riot event, but as you can see that months has passed since Frau ending. Mizuha falling does take us back to the conspiracy talk, but you'll see that we still haven't gotten something similar to the "Rounders appearing" event in S;G.

I remember reading comments when the demo first came out - that it was too long and didn't really get anywhere. I remember spending like 2 hours just reading the first chapter, not too impressed, but I already pre-ordered the game already. I don't see myself reading R;N again anytime soon, but I easily can start reading S;G again, even after reading it 3 times already.
Old 2013-02-08, 04:49   Link #953
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm...is bipedal mechanical feet really that strong and can move that freely and balancing itself while carrying the weight of an adult female? IIRC, at some point, the kids were concerned about how to balance a giant bipedal robot, while Mizuka’s artificial legs just threw that concern outta the window in this eps . I know it’s a little nit-pick. Just like when I was wondering why the cops didn’t just shoot the rioting robots to stop them before they can even approach the Diet building and do more damage. Is there any additional VN info regarding these issues? I'm kinda curious .
Old 2013-02-08, 06:00   Link #954
bastek66

Cracking sound was so disturbing
Spoiler for gif:
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 06:59   Link #955
Algent

Those exoskeleton are much stronger than what I first Imagined.
It's almost illogical how much trouble they had with the gunprod when you see something that small proving it can throw someone so easily.

While re-watching a bit of the last 2 episodes I think I put some puzzle piece together in my mind.
Like: Misaki must be brainwashed to some extend. Her personality just changed too much. If she isn't then she is a double agent and that would rise the question of who could she work for.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 07:19   Link #956
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I think it was very very VERY stupid for Subaru to run besides such a gigantic unstable robot in the middle of huge windy weather like that...on top of that, he didn't even try to run when the robot start stumbling...

other than that, it was a pretty solid and dramatic episodes.

love the sounds of bones breaking here and there, shit really just got real
Old 2013-02-08, 07:51   Link #957
Aesthetic Shampoo

Can people stop mentioning the bone sound, i cringe every time i remember it. The mesmerizing gif doesn't help either.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:52   Link #958
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I think it was very very VERY stupid for Subaru to run besides such a gigantic unstable robot in the middle of huge windy weather like that...on top of that, he didn't even try to run when the robot start stumbling...
^
THIS. Also Kai was too slow to react when Mizuka's robotic legs started going berserk. He stood there like an idiot for a whole minute.
Her death felt a bit contrived too. I don't understand why he didn't try again the suplex move that worked the first time. Then he could just "princess carry" her to safety. If the legs don't touch the ground, they can't move, right? And sooner or later the battery would die.

This episode was intense but I hate when the drama comes from the characters' stupidity.

I wish they had shown more of GunPro2's building. A couple of episodes ago they had completed only the legs and now suddenly the robot is ready for activation? Also the rain of monopoles was a bit too convenient, even for an anime.

Mizuka should have told Kai the reason she didn't want him to pursue the Kimijima's reports. He clearly wasn't going to listen to her warnings without an explanation. Sadly she brought her secrets to the tomb.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 10:07   Link #959
Gundamx

1- Not everyone can't think fast you know...
Most people would freeze for few moments till their brain can process what the hell was going on,,,
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 10:19   Link #960
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
1- Not everyone can't think fast you know...
Most people would freeze for few moments till their brain can process what the hell was going on,,,
I would also like to point out that A the giant robot is made by high school students so yes they are going to have a lot harder time with bipedial movement then trained professionals who have been researching this. also if that thing could fling him like that then I am sure it would not have to touch the ground to find some way back to the ground,
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction