MSG
Guilty Pleasure: Gundam X
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 18:18   Link #29302
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
What does that have to do with Gunpla? And why only those 4?
Anyway, except for OO all of those 4 suck. SEED had neat mecha design but that was about it.
Well, then about how this?

From these 4 series

- Gundam Wing (TV + Movie)
- Gundam 00 (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Age (TV)

Rate them from best to worst in terms of Master Grade kits.

Old 2013-03-18, 22:54   Link #29303
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Well, then about how this?

From these 4 series

- Gundam Wing (TV + Movie)
- Gundam 00 (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny (TV + Movie)
- Gundam Age (TV)

Rate them from best to worst in terms of Master Grade kits.

In terms of MGs only, this is my ranking for the ff:

4. Gundam Age

I'm not saying that Age MGs are BAD, but rather, it has a lack of difference compared to its HG counterpart. Age-1N from HG to MG seems good, because of the hollow armor parts and twisting forearm to solve the never ending issue of shield placement. However, Age-1T and Age-1S is errr... But I have MG Age-1T that is due for a review.

MGs of this line belong to the standard sized MS unlike F91 up to Gundam X, yet, its price range is as same as MG Wing kits. Even wondered the reason why? Lack of inner frame details. If you want anime accurate MGs, then Age is the best. I think that they already designed the MGs of the 3 Age-1s prior to the shows airing that's why is stayed faithful.

3. Gundam OO

I have heard complaints for MG on this line, specifically Exia. Weak ankle joints is its major weak point. I have one, but the trans-am version. I've said before that I didn't experience that complaint of theirs, however, my Exia is the MG that I ALWAYS play with. So after sometime, I already experienced such problem. It can be remedied by using an action base, but I don't have any available and it really eats space in my cabinet, so I'd rather have it standing on its own. It didn't really have any problem in a plain standing pose, it just happens when you pose it on the ground dynamically.

MG OO Raiser is such a pain to pose. It can easily be remedied by using the ever reliable super glue method. After that, I had no problems on it whatsoever. Its effect parts are nice, but the Raiser Sword is T_T

I have no MG Qan[t], but I've heard complaints about its bits and how heavy its GN Sword V together with the bits is.

2. Gundam Wing

Most recent MGs from this line are heavily designed by Katoki so expect it to be good looking as ever. I haven't heard any major complaints about MGs on this line. Problems with MG Wing EW and MG Wing Zero EW exist only because those were released way back and an improvement isn't needed YET because they can still match with the recent MGs.

And for the updated releases, oh they're really GOOD! VERY GOOD! The only problem is the use of swappable fingers for manipulators . Why you might ask? Orientation for weapons are now fixed! Sad! Example of which is Deathscythe's scythe.

1. Gundam Seed

MG Strike set the standard of MGs at its time. It's a revolution, some might say. Now, it's getting a remaster. Imagine 10 years ago that it's the BEST?

Disappointing MG for this line is MG SF, specially the FBM. Bandai decided to gold plate the majority of its exposed parts since it's more convenient because they are all in one runner, but the rest remained to be in puky gold. It just left you with the option of painting everything in Gold now. A handy dandy Gundam Marker can solve that, however, mine doesn't work the way it should, LOL!

At this point, you might say that Seed MGs should be in second place. But the complexity of Seed Destiny MGs is what I really like. Though some gimmicks like locks aren't really used often, I still appreciate them. And I believe that the majority will agree with me here, MG Red Frame and Blue Frame, can anyone say that these two are one of the best MGs out there?

Seed Destiny MGs doesn't need a remaster, I repeat, Seed Destiny doesn't need a remaster! :P

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 23:33   Link #29304
suiton629
Master Grade Master

The thing is, with Seed HD finished airing and Seed Destiny HD about to air soon, I think that the line of Seed MG's we'll see new kits for those that never got a release and remasters for the leads (Kira, Athrun, and Shin's suits).

Chaos - Gaia - Abyss are likely to get a release like how we got Dual - Aegis - Buster.

But honestly, if Bandai wants to milk and spam out kits, we're gonna see everything with the Strike line that Bandai can reuse, recolor, rinse & repeat.

So~

MG Aile Strike HD Ver.
I suspect with that guy, we're gonna get:

MG Aile Strike Rouge HD Ver.
MG Strike Noir HD Ver.
MG Strike IWSP HD Ver.

I'm hoping to see MG Freedom and MG Strike Freedom getting that HD ver. treatment. But what we need as well:

Infinite Justice HD Ver.
Justice
Savior
Force Impulse HD Ver.
Blast & Sword pack
Destiny HD Ver.

...and somewhere in there they gotta toss in the Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss. Hell maybe we'll even see like the Providence and Stargazer?

But even with that, they have to manage to slip that between releases like:

Wing EW 2.0
Wing Zero EW 2.0
Wing Zero TV
Nataku
Heavarms Custom
Sandrock Custom

and then the whole Age line of MG's...

Age-2 Special Forces
Age-2 Double Bullet
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 Fortress
Age-3 Orbital
Age-3 FX
Age-3 FX Burst

And then there's that Metal Build Exia that might end up being a MG Exia R2 (w/ R3 parts), 00 Qan[t] Full Saber, 00 Qan[t] ELS ver., Astraea, Astraea Type F

I'm sure you all know the drill here. The point I'm making is that I'm concerned with all the GunPla is likely to do and probably wants to do for profits. But I'm really concerned with how Bandai is doing so many online exclusives. This is becoming a trend and I fear that this constant dependency with online exclusives might contribute to the downfall of the hobby.
Old 2013-03-19, 00:48   Link #29305
maknaedik

Quote:
The thing is, with Seed HD finished airing and Seed Destiny HD about to air soon, I think that the line of Seed MG's we'll see new kits for those that never got a release and remasters for the leads (Kira, Athrun, and Shin's suits).

Chaos - Gaia - Abyss are likely to get a release like how we got Dual - Aegis - Buster.

But honestly, if Bandai wants to milk and spam out kits, we're gonna see everything with the Strike line that Bandai can reuse, recolor, rinse & repeat.

So~

MG Aile Strike HD Ver.
I suspect with that guy, we're gonna get:

MG Aile Strike Rouge HD Ver.
MG Strike Noir HD Ver.
MG Strike IWSP HD Ver.

I'm hoping to see MG Freedom and MG Strike Freedom getting that HD ver. treatment. But what we need as well:

Infinite Justice HD Ver.
Justice
Savior
Force Impulse HD Ver.
Blast & Sword pack
Destiny HD Ver.

...and somewhere in there they gotta toss in the Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss. Hell maybe we'll even see like the Providence and Stargazer?

But even with that, they have to manage to slip that between releases like:

Wing EW 2.0
Wing Zero EW 2.0
Wing Zero TV
Nataku
Heavarms Custom
Sandrock Custom

and then the whole Age line of MG's...

Age-2 Special Forces
Age-2 Double Bullet
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 Fortress
Age-3 Orbital
Age-3 FX
Age-3 FX Burst

And then there's that Metal Build Exia that might end up being a MG Exia R2 (w/ R3 parts), 00 Qan[t] Full Saber, 00 Qan[t] ELS ver., Astraea, Astraea Type F

I'm sure you all know the drill here. The point I'm making is that I'm concerned with all the GunPla is likely to do and probably wants to do for profits. But I'm really concerned with how Bandai is doing so many online exclusives. This is becoming a trend and I fear that this constant dependency with online exclusives might contribute to the downfall of the hobby.
That's the longest list you ever made :P

It's a list where no ones opinion got heard but only your own and pure dedication on this hobby. You are a hero.

Any guesses what will happen to the gunpla community once your whishlist gets released all in a span of one year perhaps? :P

Old 2013-03-19, 03:59   Link #29306
RX93-2
White Unicorn

The only real MG that is a different suit, not an addon, not a recolor, not effect parts, that are online exclusive lately is the Tallgeese 2. That isn't a trend.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 07:29   Link #29307
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Honestly, where in the world do you get the idea that you'd see that many metal builds and even worse still in such a small bracket within one series?
I like optimism but thats just plain daft thinking really.

Quote:
How can online exclusives hurt this hobby?
Bandai still make loads of non exclusives which is their big money maker so exclusives are the bonus for them.
A vast majority of collectors probably aren't fussed about getting the exclusives as they tend to be more money, they are more for the hardcore collectors as it is in any other hobby of ehh collecting stuff.

The way you think sometimes can completely baffle me sometimes.
Not sure if thats a good or bad thing
Old 2013-03-19, 12:06   Link #29308
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
What does that have to do with Gunpla? And why only those 4?
Anyway, except for OO all of those 4 suck. SEED had neat mecha design but that was about it.
SEED/DESTINY got the best vocal soundtracks used in the series imo *by that I mean no openings/endings, just the vocal songs used in the show, they're all beautiful or really cool

Quote:
I'm sure you all know the drill here
YOU DONT SAY
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:09   Link #29309
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Honestly, where in the world do you get the idea that you'd see that many metal builds and even worse still in such a small bracket within one series?
I like optimism but thats just plain daft thinking really.

How can online exclusives hurt this hobby?
Bandai still make loads of non exclusives which is their big money maker so exclusives are the bonus for them.
A vast majority of collectors probably aren't fussed about getting the exclusives as they tend to be more money, they are more for the hardcore collectors as it is in any other hobby of ehh collecting stuff.

The way you think sometimes can completely baffle me sometimes.
Not sure if thats a good or bad thing
What baffles me is that you guys respond to his idiot lists and subjects. Ignore him completely.
Old 2013-03-20, 02:26   Link #29310
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
What baffles me is that you guys respond to his idiot lists and subjects. Ignore him completely.
I second that
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 03:55   Link #29311
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I second that
AND MY AX... i mean, third.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 04:42   Link #29312
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
AND MY AX... i mean, third.
And I will fantastic fourth that .
Old 2013-03-20, 04:55   Link #29313
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And I will fantastic fourth that .
& it will be "five" to do that long time ago... :3
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:00   Link #29314
Akyra

Suiton, companies exist to make a profit. If they see a money making opportunity, they will take advantage of it. Simple as that.

Bandai figured that there is an opportunity to sucker people into paying a hefty price premium for kits that are "exclusive" but yet, cost them almost nothing to alter/add.

It's a niche market but people are willing to pay. I dunno how much it'll cost them to make say the Tallgeese II (per unit) but I am sure the profit margin on that one kit alone has at least doubled based on the prices I have seen online.

From some of your posts, you seem to have tried and predict what Bandai will release BASED ON YOUR WISHLIST.

Bandai will NOT create a kit just because you want them to create that particular kit. Yes, some of your "predictions" are simple rehashes with very little input from Bandai, but PLEASE, stop listing every single variation of the same kit with every post!!

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinions, it is getting slightly annoying to see giant posts re your predictions of what HD re-releases Bandai might make on almost every single page.

(I do apologize for a bit of a side rant, but it just needs to be said).
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:37   Link #29315
Butagami

@ Akyra: What you're doing now is something we've all tried before in the past. It doesn't help. The only thing that does is simply putting him on your ignore list. Thanks for trying, but it falls on deaf ears with him.

@ the rest: And I will be Sixth in Chapel...
Old 2013-03-20, 06:50   Link #29316
maknaedik

I can't promise, but I'll try to be the seventh :P

BTW, I'm excited on my Fin Funnel Set. I'm so thankful that it comes with the exact same waterslide decal sheet that the MG Nu ver Ka comes with <3

Old 2013-03-20, 07:38   Link #29317
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

time to brush up my HG skill with this

SD Delta + is so cute esp waverider mode

Old 2013-03-20, 08:08   Link #29318
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Haha I do and have done for quite awhile but then he comes out with these posts once in a while that you just end up having to reply to cause you just need to reply to in the vain hope of finding some answers

It was the Metal build thing that got to me, I mean come on what have we seen like 4 metals builds so far and he expects a crap load more from just 1 series!
I can't fathom that way of thinking

BTW anyone seen the colour schemes thing on GG.
Some nice designs floating about, I'm tempted to use some on some of my gundams see how they work out
Old 2013-03-20, 08:34   Link #29319
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
time to brush up my HG skill with this

This would be interesting..will the Perfect Strike pack still fit the joint extended HG Strike?
Old 2013-03-20, 08:46   Link #29320
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
This would be interesting..will the Perfect Strike pack still fit the joint extended HG Strike?
fixed half of right leg...yea it fits perfectly as the custom parts are for the leg joints & shoulder joints

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy