AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-10, 16:48   Link #221
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sometimes a superior and a subordinate just don't have the same frequency or see eye-to-eye. It may be as simple as that.
Old 2008-10-10, 16:53   Link #222
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Could be, but no one knows if he was even fired for performance reasons. The move was unanticipated..........made very late at night, so they were suddenly shocked and angry about something. In light of Yamamoto's rising status within the company, some speculate that KyoAni resorted to such drastic measures to avoid a potential scandal and/or set an example (therefore, rumors range from unethical handling of funds to improper flirtation with a subordinate employee. The latter sounds outrageous, but I guess anything's possible, especially if the culture is more female-inclusive than at other companies).

No one's elaborating (details could certainly hurt people's careers or give a company a bad name), so we'll probably never know.
Thanks for the info. The main suggestion I heard at the time was that he had offended a sponsor, company bigwig, or a producer. The bad planning of funds thing was just a thought of my own, based on that line in the press release (and that he repeated ironically later) that he "was not yet qualified to be a director."
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc
It's schedule management, not budget. It seems that he did the same thing once again and that Kannagi is with a very tight schedule. You might want to prepare yourself.
Thanks for this, too. I'm preparing myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc
Numata? Really? I like him, but I didn't want to watch his animation in Kannagi. I'll have to look to Kadowaki for his support.
I'm not familiar with the names, but my previous understanding was that the episode "animation director" was really more of an animation supervisor, checking consistency more than anything, and that the look was established by the director and the overall animation director. How does an episode's animation director affect an episode's animation?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-10 at 17:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 20:07   Link #223
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
and a good comedy relief for the hard day work and i just hope it is a good ending

Spoiler for Question:
Let's see.. Is it to make worshipers so that their spiritual power doesn't decrease?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 00:56   Link #224
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
they just love this

Spoiler for phuhaaaaaaaahhh!:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:03   Link #225
yjs

When you think about it, this show is as generic and formulaic as it gets. But somehow it's loveable and everything just works; I mean the characters are great, the dialogue is excellent and the artwork/animation is pretty amazing.

Hopefully it won't take itself too seriously in the rest of the 12 episodes and remain an awesome slice-of-life series!
yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:46   Link #226
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Also, one of the bonus illustrations to be released on the DVD feature Nagi and her sister cosplaying as Nia and Yoko from Gurren-Lagann.

Fave female of Kannagi cosplaying as my fave female from TTGL . . . YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY AWESOME!!!! xD

Are they cosplaying as more anime characters or just a TTGL one?
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 09:11   Link #227
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs View Post
When you think about it, this show is as generic and formulaic as it gets. But somehow it's loveable and everything just works; I mean the characters are great, the dialogue is excellent and the artwork/animation is pretty amazing.

Hopefully it won't take itself too seriously in the rest of the 12 episodes and remain an awesome slice-of-life series!
That's basically what I thought. Likewise, the loveable and fun part of Wagaya no Oinarisama was when the supernatural mixed in with slice of life to make for fun moments. But sometimes, Sakura just being a delusional/paranoid nutjob was too. Looks like Nagi in this one is even more clueless than Kuu was in that show. So I'm expecting fun even if the main story might be a jumble (again).

That, and the fanservice seems to be in effect for this one. I hope they don't disapopint.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 09:14   Link #228
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Numata? Really? I like him, but I didn't want to watch his animation in Kannagi. I'll have to look to Kadowaki for his support.
In a show like Kannagi, with a lead animator direction taking control of all visual aesthetics, I don't think individual animation directors matter that much. This isn’t like Gurren-Lagann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
It's schedule management, not budget. It seems that he did the same thing once again and that Kannagi is with a very tight schedule. You might want to prepare yourself.
Going by the first trailers, Kannagi's schedule is already doing much better than Birdy's ever did. We’ll see.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 09:43   Link #229
Solafighter
Hige

Great series!

Will follow it for sure.
Old 2008-10-11, 09:57   Link #230
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kannagi 02:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 10:25   Link #231
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hmmm, they're changing it a bit, huh... Making Jin a bit more perverted too... But...
This
change
is
GOOD!

Learn
from
this
J
C
Staff

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 10:42   Link #232
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 10:46   Link #233
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmmm, they're changing it a bit, huh... Making Jin a bit more perverted too... But...
This
change
is
GOOD!
I agree...making Jin more perverted gives him more of a character than in the manga (I can't believe I'm actually rooting for this change ).

Sounds like a great ep, can't wait

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 10:52   Link #234
7Th
Mixtape

Full staff listing for the second episode:

んなぎ 2話

脚本:倉田英之
絵コンテ:畑 博之
演出:鎌倉由実
作画監督:沼田誠也

原画
河合拓也   赤井俊文
菊田幸一   中路景子
佐藤利幸   岡 真理子
河合利恵   水上ろんど
平川哲生   平牧大輔
山口 智    大谷美里
清水祐実   沼田誠也
崎山北斗

第二原画
小松勇輝  植田華菜子
前田義宏  プロダクションリード
アングル  TripleA
F・A・I インターナショナル
大観アニメ

エンディングイラスト:武内崇

Yes! Kouichi Kikuta!
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 11:18   Link #235
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
An enjoyable episode... Sad but JC Staff will enver learn from this. They naturally suck.

But a good thing is that Kannagi si not done by JC Staff so we wont see a crap series like Zero No Tsukaima (hopefully).

Yep they changed few things but they do not look abrupt or very out of the context. It fits nicely and is looking really really good.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 12:58   Link #236
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Wasn't very impressed with the first episdoe other than a certain superior seiyuu at work. Second episode, however, changes my view toward the show all together. This was a fantstic episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 13:10   Link #237
Kyuusaisha

Oh my god, how am I supposed to be able to root for any pairing in this series!? After seeing Tsugumi animated I've gotten confused, harem end please!
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 13:34   Link #238
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
An enjoyable episode... Sad but JC Staff will enver learn from this. They naturally suck.
They're doing quite well with Index
Old 2008-10-11, 14:15   Link #239
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.2:

with this 2nd episode i find Nagi more like an Osakan.. a Osakan goddess. Wonder when she'll say, "nandeyane~n"
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 16:31   Link #240
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Episode 2 animation still good and the ending shot of her in ED is haunting and fitting of her.

It just works for me and I dunno why. Something about it that is truly eternal.

Spoiler for Ep 2 Spoiler:

This episode shows Nagi in all her facets and she is quite frightening to stay with. A very whimsical and spontaneous goddess, I might add.

Last edited by stormy001_M1A2; 2008-10-11 at 16:45.
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen