AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 09:38   Link #3121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He still wouldn't be considered a Level 5 if he uses a gimmick like that.

Just as how Kuroyoku isn't considered a Level 5 even though she has the output.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 09:44   Link #3122
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He still wouldn't be considered a Level 5 if he uses a gimmick like that.

Just as how Kuroyoku isn't considered a Level 5 even though she has the output.
Yea.... Okay, scrap that, Quantum Copy remains low on da List.

But Thousand Power still remains high on da List (because his time limit can be increased, he just need more training.)
Old 2013-04-08, 09:46   Link #3123
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I was actually referring to what OverNOut posted
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 10:05   Link #3124
OverNOut
The Obsever

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant was he would achieve something similar to a Level 5 at most if his replicas could help with the calculation that is. Its like Kiyama having Multi-Skill capabilities despite not being an esper when using Level Upper.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 12:08   Link #3125
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was actually referring to what OverNOut posted
Opps....

*Age whistle innocently*

Look! Insane ideas!

Spoiler for Realm of the sensible:

Spoiler for The Absurd:

Spoiler for Game Breaker:

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-04-08 at 13:31.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 14:13   Link #3126
Rovert10

Your archive idea sounds a lot like the Book of the Law passed from Aiwass down to Aleister Crowley.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:33   Link #3127
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Your archive idea sounds a lot like the Book of the Law passed from Aiwass down to Aleister Crowley.

The story does draw many parallel to To-Aru Index.

From Index to "Angel" (of science).

=

On the other hand, actually, the Archive has more information than the Book of Law because there is a copy of it in the Archive and it is even harder to decipher because you need to know some language of god first. Unlike human language (where we combine letters and words or attach new meaning to some words) there is a word for everything.

As of the story, the Code of God has decipher up to 4.2%. It is enough for them to hold their ground against powerful Churches despite the lack of numbers (unless the either Roman/England Church decide to sent their entire troops...then the Code of God are likely to lose. Fortunately for them, it is an unlike scenario because either Churches are willing to do that and leave their ground open to attack by the opposing Church.

=

Edit: There may seems lots of character but not all of them appear regularly. Some are irregular who appear in the story once in a while (e.g. School Events where everybody gathers).

Irregulars are usually those with weird power like Fluid Control, Hair Hands(Prehensile hair), Remote Control (Exactly What It Says on the Tin, let just say the Esper is a crouch potato) and Invisible Ink (make pen Ink disappear and appear later).

Due to the limited numbers, I think half of the Magicians in the story are regulars.

Edit: Insect Control is irregular for different reason: Because he is the "strongest". *Clue Got to Keep it Real"

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-04-08 at 20:57.
Old 2013-04-08, 21:26   Link #3128
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: As much as I love the notion. I might have to strangle you if you push through with this. This is madness!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 06:05   Link #3129
tsunade666

Can I ask for help on a name. I'm don't have a clue on japanese kanji naming thing but I need help on creating a name for a person and if its possible to make wish, protection and forever or eternity or words with synonyms to those 3 words or even 2 words with wish and protection or guardian.

The meaning I want to get if possible is the with to protect you for eternity or the wish that will always be by your side. Is that possible to turn into a name or a phrase if possible.
Old 2013-04-09, 06:35   Link #3130
demino_hellsin
That one guy

http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-ne.html

try this.
Old 2013-04-09, 09:54   Link #3131
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@age: As much as I love the notion. I might have to strangle you if you push through with this. This is madness!
For Wicked God, Madness is kind of intentional.

Though, I am curious: which one is bad? Must be all the items under "Game Breaker" section right?

=

Anyway, because Toki Sora High researches on Esper's ability synergy, this is why they wear headphones as part of their school uniform (hint: Networking)

=
About Insect Control/Command:

Although in theory, his ability seems useless but in practice, he is actually one of Strongest Esper (when in comes to fighting) in the school.

That guy is actually capable of achieving level 5. How can he do that? Using insects as processors (via Hive intelligences) to obtain level 5.

The problem: he don't want to and enjoy tormenting others with his very existence. Insect Command has serious mental issues, working with him is a serious test of patience.

Power is related to personality, in this case: He like bugging people.

His System Scan involved controlling insect and it can last a whole day due to his personality.....

Quote:
Examiner: Show us your power.

Insect Command: One insect. *One insect flew in*

Examiner: anymore?

Insect Command: two insect. *two insects flew in*

Examiner: Can you show us the maximum numbers of insect you can control?

Insect Command: hiii....hehehehehehe. (his way of laughing, annoys everybody)

Examiner: I take that as a yes?

Insect Command: three insects *three insect flew in*

*Take a while(night-time) before they found out that he can command up to 100 insects at once*
Since 100 insects can't do much, he is concluded to be a level 2. Unfortunately, he is not just commanding 100 insects, he is actually commanding 5050 insects at once:

1+2+3+4+5+6....+100 = 5050.

The examiners can't see it because they didn't realize that all insects that remains in the room are actually under his control.

When Synchronized with Quantum Copy, it is where the fun starts....
=
Old 2013-04-09, 10:01   Link #3132
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The issues I have is that the logic is loose. You best tighten up on those before the sun goes down tomorrow.

The greatest weakness of that guy. Pest control
Old 2013-04-09, 11:07   Link #3133
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The issues I have is that the logic is loose. You best tighten up on those before the sun goes down tomorrow.

The greatest weakness of that guy. Pest control
Yes.... Pest Control

The problem is: It is difficult to wipe out insects from an infested area completely and Ants are nature's determinator.

=

Logic is lose because it was supposed to be shounen-ish. It allow some room for awesome stuff to trick readers into feeling good.

=

AIM-rizer is actually quite.... normal....not like Kosuke get to use it often.

Psycho-rizer is literally a Magician did it..

Akashic Archive is a plot device to force Code of God to take action. Also, even with Infinite Archive in their hand, the one with the key(Oracle) is a troll who always tell partial-truth ("Because you didn't ask....").

Codename Abomination is a Sacrificial Lamb to show the mad experiment which Headmaster Jinma do during his free time.

=

Wicked God is not really necessary.... I probably went overboard with this one.

Code Spirit is this story's equivalent of a (Fallen) Angel. A product of Mad Science.
Edit: Code Spirit is capable of Multi-skill (similar to AIM burst) but the reason is different. The Fallen "Angel" is AIM aggravates but Code Spirit merely choose a possibility out of many.

Code Spirit is a Esper with Joker/Wild Card ability. Its value/ability is what it wanted it to be.

The fun part, Everybody treated that ability as if Code Spirit always had it.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-04-09 at 11:19.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:31   Link #3134
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"<"

At least you haven't made a personal reality harmonizer like the level-upper as an esper ability.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:36   Link #3135
tsunade666

^He make one that can level up somebody temporarily -_- talking about crazy school
Old 2013-04-09, 13:49   Link #3136
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
"<"

At least you haven't made a personal reality harmonizer like the level-upper as an esper ability.
Don't get it. But the school has Synchronizer (hence the head-phone).

Doesn't change the level but slightly alter the ability of the Espers by combining them through a more refined and specialized network.

Aero-hand + Pyro-kinesis = Heat Wave Generating power.

Edit: The closest Esper with Personal-Reality-using power is Kosuke but his power is best described a Bow without string (and therefore arrows) in normal conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^He make one that can level up somebody temporarily -_- talking about crazy school
No matter how powerful Ability Booster's ability is, in reality, the ability is still limited by the targeted Esper.

No matter how high an Esper has been boosted, the Esper will always remains at original level (albeit using powered version of their power) if they don't know how to calculate/use their upgraded power.

At level 4, Ability Booster can provide the "methods of calculation" but the rest depended on the target to comprehend and use.

=

Justified crazy because their headmaster dabble in Mad Science.

Not to mention: Sora Toki is a dumpster for freaks Esper with useless ability that no School in Academy City would take in.

=

On the other hand, the Girls' side flair much better. For starter: It is a school, not a run-down shed/pathetic excuse for a school. Probably due to better management skill deployed by the Head-Mistress.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-04-09 at 13:59.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:48   Link #3137
tsunade666

^the treatment really reminds me of baka-test.
Old 2013-04-09, 15:41   Link #3138
Dyingbreath

During Angel Fall could people who were unaffected (like Motoharu) see people who were affected's original form or could only Touma do that?
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:12   Link #3139
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^the treatment really reminds me of baka-test.
There's even an Academy City version of Iron Man in that school.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:33   Link #3140
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
During Angel Fall could people who were unaffected (like Motoharu) see people who were affected's original form or could only Touma do that?
Touma only and aside from the caster.

Touma being immune. Even with the barrier that Tsuchi and Kanzaki used. Its not enough to completely mask their selves.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction