AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 02:25   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 526 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

spoilers are out...

Quote:
-Zetsu moves in for an attack on the fire Daimyo, only for Genma to step in forcing Zetsu to retreat. Zetsu comments that “It wasn’t here” before disappearing into the ground (What “It” is, is unknown…though it could be the Kyuubi). The Daimyo’s then begin to separate and move to five separate locations hidden from enemy eyes. But, Zetsu notices all of this as he fades into the ground…

-Cut to, Darui battling a legion of Zetsu clones (apparently Tenten is following him, but I expect she is just carrying Darui’s whopping sticks…). He apparently uses a large scale jutsu to defeat many of the clones…

-At the same time, a Chouza v. Dan and Hizashi v. Hiashi battle starts…

-Cut to Kankurou’s position, where Chiyo, Kimimaro, Hanzou and another zombie appear…

-Cut to Gaara, where the 2nd Tsuchikage appears…which we already knew as of last week…

-Chapter ends with Darui fighting the Kinkaku and Ginkaku zombies…

Last edited by james0246; 2011-02-02 at 09:08.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 10:13   Link #2
Cael
Lurker Mode

So if the ambush team retreats, I guess that means Sakura will be fighting Chiyo... and Lee vs Kimi 2, I don't think anyone saw this comming... with Hanzou and the Sensor added to the list of six swordsmen and 2 bloodline limit nins, Kakashi's division will have their hands full.
Who will Kabuto summon next? The 12 Guardians?

Last edited by Cael; 2011-02-03 at 04:13.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 11:35   Link #3
mrShady

Could they be looking for the remnants of the kyuubi chakra since naruto only has half of it?
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 19:02   Link #4
Will Smith
Banned

I don't see the point to Dan vs Choza but glad to see Hanzou again
Will Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 21:44   Link #5
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Could they be looking for the remnants of the kyuubi chakra since naruto only has half of it?
The other half was eaten by the shinigami.... not gonna be found.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:22   Link #6
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

The seal is still there on the younger brother. Couldn't the main branch just explode his head/disable him?

The brothers were alive during the 1st/2nd's time. They could've gotten the powers when the 1st gave the bijuu's away.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:28   Link #7
Fran~
floating away...

Ok Kubo you are entertaining me... i believe that these chapters left nothing to analyze because you can only found the solid basis of an open war:

1. The bad-ass lines:
"I'm about to get a hell of a lot bigger" = Win
"Your son and my daughter are out there fighting to prove it" = Win
"I'm here to pick up the principles i tossed aside so long ago" = Win

2. The Standard bad-ass poses:
Ten-ten throwing shuriken and kunais just like a minigun
Neji and Hinata fighting back to back = Epic
Gaara and Onoki standing there with their arms crossed = Epic
Old 2011-02-02, 23:42   Link #8
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So the black guy has Black Lightening. Ooookay Kishi.
Did anyone think of this guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lightning
Or this guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Vulcan
Or maybe this guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_Shock

Whatever, at least we now know the Mizukage and her little helper are guarding the Daimyo and will butt heads with Zetsu. The Horn bros should kick Darui's arse and might even kill him. Choza and Hiashi should lose. The "name" fighters from the Second and Fourth will be arriving to actually win these fights. Tsunade will probably confront Dan.

Okay chapter, but the action was mostly relegated to the C-list players and a lot of standing around from the others. I want to see what Gaara's division is going to do now. Onoki should play a factor and Shikamaru was named a proxy general for some reason we haven't seen yet.

Hey, it's only early Feb. We have a long way to go in the war.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 00:31   Link #9
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Ahaahahahahaha ...

:- You sure got big, Chouza
:- I'm about to get a hell a lot bigger

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 02:06   Link #10
ronin myael
lost ronin

zombies, zombies and more zombies... of great shinobi caliber too. i'd be really disappointed if they're defeated just like that, especially those hyped-up kage killers and hanzou who made fools out of the sannin.

however, i like the way kishi would go from one battle to another since these are happening simultaneously. i'm glad that he gave some form of exposure to the minor characters. i would like to see great fights from them. i hope it won't be as fast as the kankurou and sasori face-off.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 02:24   Link #11
ThaGuy
Go Baby Go!

That's a pretty stacked team right there:

Chiyo + Hanzou + Kimi-Bones + (I totally blanked out on this guy)

But Chiyo and Hanzou as a tag team sounds just boss.
ThaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 02:46   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

-Darui's cools enough to face the bros now.
-Hmm, what skill should he have?
-Well, lightning village, so lightning?
-So plain...let's make it black, it will be awesome!
Quote:
:- You sure got big, Chouza
:- I'm about to get a hell a lot bigger
I bet EVERYONE thought of the same thing, reading those lines Fun chapter though, I chuckled at the daimyos choosing medals
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 05:12   Link #13
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

lots of strategy going on and nice to see Neji and Hinata fighting again
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:34   Link #14
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i'd be really disappointed if they're defeated just like that, especially those hyped-up kage killers and hanzou who made fools out of the sannin.
Well... in front of them is the oldest kage and the youngest one, besides Gaara always was feared as one of the most powerful ninjas alive. So i think that in terms of power it's balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGuy View Post
But Chiyo and Hanzou as a tag team sounds just boss.
And that's why Kankuro is retreating with his team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Fun chapter though, I chuckled at the daimyos choosing medals
I like how Kishi created the daimyos... they're so innocent and living their own world and i think that one of the great lines from this chapter is when Genma said to Raido that choosing medals was for what the Daimyos are.

So there is where Mei is, protecting the Daimyos, i wouldn't care if she wants to protect me instead
Old 2011-02-03, 10:31   Link #15
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The other half was eaten by the shinigami.... not gonna be found.
Yet Kushina said that when she would die (still with the kyuubi sealed) its chakra would disappear but only for a limited time. Why wouldn't the same happen to the part that has been eaten?
Also was it not said that the chakra of the tailed beasts had to be around to balance all chakra or something?
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 11:20   Link #16
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Who remembers when Kekkei genkeis were rare, can everyone just combine elements now?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 11:39   Link #17
Kafriel
Senior Guest

People can even expand further than that, although that goes to last chapter's thread, with Zabuza noticing he's the only normal ninja left
Quote:
hanzou who made fools out of the sannin.
They were just kids back then...and note that a kid ended up beating him the first time too.
Quote:
those hyped-up kage killers
Honestly, those guys mean nothing to me, never seen them before, don't remember hearing anything about them either. Zombie Akatsuki, sure, I know nuke Pain, suicide bomber Deidara etc. but random guys from the past that Kishi calls "kage-level" are just...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 12:15   Link #18
Shining Celebi
a

We know plenty of people that are on the level of a kage right now. The Sannin, most or all of Akatsuki, Chiyo, apparently Kakashi, etc. If there's that many people now, surely there'd be plenty of people from the past. And if you're going to resurrect people from the dead, why would you not resurrect the strongest?

Besides, excluding Akatsuki, Chiyo, Hanzou and the previous kages, how many people are being touted as kage killers? Just Kinkaku and Ginkaku. People are saying they're part of the bounty hunters that the Second was fighting - the Kinkaku Force - in Danzou's flashbacks. Seems reasonable to me, so we have heard of them.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 12:27   Link #19
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

It was a good chapter I must admit.

Best Part:
Dan:You sure got big Chouza
Chouza-I'm about to get a hell of a lot bigger

It was great to see Tenten and the Hyugas again. Darui looked really badass in this chapter. Af first I thought that Darui was the son of the Raikage but this chapter suggests otherwise.
Old 2011-02-03, 15:32   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Who remembers when Kekkei genkeis were rare, can everyone just combine elements now?
What did you expect? Here the best of the best ninjas are fighting, in one team the current best ninjas in the other a lot of the best ninjas of past times.

The only part of the chapter that i didn't like was when Chiyo said that Kankuro defeated Sasori. Obviously this zombie Sasori was useless, he didn't have any puppets, and a puppet master without his puppets is useless. Sure Kankuro won against Sasori, but that wasn't a real fight that's worth mentioning.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion