AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-11-13, 01:14   Link #1
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Large Bolide Meteor Fireball over Southern Serbia and Macedonia

Breaking News: Serbia and Macedonia Major Bolide Meteor Fireball Producing Earthquake 12NOV2010 13NOV2010

Video

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspo...-reported.html
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1254122/pg1

Quote:
RTS.RS News Friday, November 12, 2010, 21:08 -> 00:11
Shortly before 20 pm in the area Grdelica heard the strong crack for which is assumed to be caused by falling meteors or overflight of the region. Part of a meteorite fell near the village Susevlje Predajana!
In the area of Grdelica, shortly before 20 pm heard the strong crack, which is assumed to be caused by the fall of meteorites or overflight of the region.
It's very close to the city where I live There is still not enough information's about it.... but it seams it was a small meteor. I only hope there are no injured people.....
Old 2010-11-13, 19:04   Link #2
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
cool...expect scientists to start showing up soon.
I'm always surprised by how globally diverse the AS members are

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:21   Link #3
GundamFan0083

Damm!

That's pretty scary.
I hope no body got hurt.
Old 2010-11-13, 20:28   Link #4
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

It's Earthbound all over again / Jk
Old 2010-11-14, 00:52   Link #5
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Some new info......

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/society-...3&nav_id=70882
Quote:
“A bolide is a luminous meteorite which is more luminous than Venus and is accompanied by sound effects which are created as it disintegrates,” he explained.

According to him, one could not see anything from the observatory Kalemegdan observatory due to unfavorable weather conditions.

Tanjug news agency correspondent from Vranje reported that a light ball was seen in the sky last night at 19:32 in several towns in that part of the country.

The luminous body flew across the sky at great speed and a strong detonation was heard afterward.

The Ruđer Bošković Astronomical Society says that bolides, celestial bodies often confused with meteorites, fell four times in Serbia so far and the last time it was near Čačak in 1919.

Jeličić says that there is a possibility that the bolide even fell to the ground.

“A bolide, unlike meteorite which combusts upon entering atmosphere, can get to the Earth’s crust and sky stones which we find on the ground are actually meteorites,” he explained.

Aside from Čačak, meteorites were found near Soko Banja in 1877 and at Mt. Jelica in 1889.

According to Jeličić, a bolide flying through the Earth’s atmosphere and falling to the ground is a normal phenomenon and observing the entire planet it is not rare at all.

He also stressed that bolides could “enter and exit” the atmosphere without falling to the ground.
I am guessing that meteor was small in size, people there said they heard a strong noise (this happened because the meteor broke the sound wall) and a flash of light. If meteor was bigger and was moving at the same speed as this one, then there should have been more damage. I guess we were just lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermatter View Post
cool...expect scientists to start showing up soon.
I'm always surprised by how globally diverse the AS members are
Yeah, or there even might be alien's like in movies Here on AS you have members from all around the world