AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-12-05, 07:41   Link #1361
Samari
World's Greatest

It's been nearly two weeks since I returned from Japan. I was outside the states for about two weeks, with ten days spent in Japan. I have to say, even though traveling from place to place can be a pain, I think I miss it already. I had been before. Essentially alone in 2009 when I was staying in Tokyo for a few days with a friend. I did a lot of exploring by myself. This time I was with my wife and it felt quite different. I don't know why. I went to three places this time: Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka all in that order. Spent about three days per city. Got to see a lot of nice things and made a lot of new memories.

Here are some of the photos we took in Tokyo. This is the one city I had been to before. It took me a while to remember a lot of the nuances though. Figuring out the public transportation for instance. After a while it wasn't that bad, but I wish I understood Japanese at times. I only knew a little in case I really needed help. Very clean people and clean city...as far as clean cities can be I guess. Japanese are very civilized in a lot of aspects. We stayed in Nakano and mostly explored central Tokyo spending most of the time in Shibuya, Harajuku and Shinjuku with stops in Ginza and Akihabara. Some other small places I'm forgetting at the moment too. Good to be back here.
Spoiler for Photos:

I'll post some photos of Kyoto and Osaka later.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 03:43   Link #1362
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

PLACE TO AVOID WHEN VISITING JAPAN : Girl's Club

Quote:
Tokyo’s Onna no ko kurabu, or Girls’ Club, has a simple mission statement: it’s a place where anybody can enjoy dressing in girls’ clothing. The bar’s staff aims to help men who may be crossdressing for the first time, providing clothes to choose from as well as a dedicated make-up service.
Burn it down. NOW.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 14:29   Link #1363
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, God forbid people should have a place to indulge their harmless proclivities without being mocked and ostracized.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 15:25   Link #1364
GDB

Ironic, since SH loves the traps.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 12:14   Link #1365
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, God forbid people should have a place to indulge their harmless proclivities without being mocked and ostracized.
Actually I am just fooling around. That looks like an interesting place to visit though.

Maybe I'll drop by on my next trip and snap a few photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ironic, since SH loves the traps.
I don't love traps at all!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-03-03, 07:40   Link #1366
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Hmmm for data. should I use Prepaid SIM or rent a pocket WiFi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
*Put in on the list of palce I should visit*

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 09:36   Link #1367
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Hmmm for data. should I use Prepaid SIM or rent a pocket WiFi?

*Put in on the list of palce I should visit*
I would suggest pocket WIFI, you can connect different devices to it and it's not tied to the battery life of your phone...

Pictures from my recent visit to Japan:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by JokerD; 2015-03-03 at 10:51.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 22:41   Link #1368
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quick, post those two pics on the Aitori FB fan page!
Old 2015-03-04, 23:33   Link #1369
maplehurry

NIIICE Pictures. Thanks for sharing.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 09:01   Link #1370
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Pictures from my recent visit to Japan:
*Images*
Nice pictures there, I would definitely want to visit Japan in future, most soon probably within next 1-3 years. (Before the 2020 Olympics)

But everything is just 'fight only on paper' (纸上谈兵) only, my income is not realistic for me to prepare a trip to there on short time...

Most likely will focus only on one area (Kanto, Kansai, Hokkaido...) if I manage to make my first ever visit to Japan one day...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 09:12   Link #1371
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Nice pictures there, I would definitely want to visit Japan in future, most soon probably within next 1-3 years. (Before the 2020 Olympics)

But everything is just 'fight only on paper' (纸上谈兵) only, my income is not realistic for me to prepare a trip to there on short time...

Most likely will focus only on one area (Kanto, Kansai, Hokkaido...) if I manage to make my first ever visit to Japan one day...
It is a good time to go now. The yen is at an all time low.

Old 2015-03-05, 10:37   Link #1372
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is a good time to go now. The yen is at an all time low.
If you willing to sponsor me the airline ticket, I will create an itinerary of 7D6N immediately.

Joke aside, on here, there'll be a MATTA Fair (travel convention) at KL next week (KL one is the largest compare with other state's), hope some airlines will make some good promotions during those period.

Else, I can still check at Melaka's on either July or August, which the venue is pretty near from my home...
Old 2015-03-05, 10:40   Link #1373
JokerD

Quote:

Just one area can be very huge. One thing you can think about for transport if it's just one area is the regional rail pass instead of a country-wide JR pass. Also Airbnb or hostels or accommodation. If you want to, you can try convenience stores or supermarkets for food. Or even bentos from train stations.
Old 2015-03-05, 11:54   Link #1374
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Just one area can be very huge. One thing you can think about for transport if it's just one area is the regional rail pass instead of a country-wide JR pass. Also Airbnb or hostels or accommodation. If you want to, you can try convenience stores or supermarkets for food. Or even bentos from train stations.
rent car lol

Hardcore mode
Old 2015-03-05, 16:16   Link #1375
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Compared to Northern Europe accommodation and transportation is cheap in Japan, but air tickets, not so... direct flights costs as much as taking the train there and visiting Siberia and China in the process
Old 2015-03-05, 21:51   Link #1376
YF19EX

What is the average price of a econ round trip ticket out of Europe to Japan?

From San Francisco, direct flights on a major Japanese carrier such as JAL or ANA and or United (Star Alliance) can be had for around $1100usd when they go on sale. I think they are in the $1200-1300 right now.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 01:11   Link #1377
JokerD

Not sure about Europe to Japan but from here (SG) I brought tickets when it was on sale and managed to get it at S$700+ (about 500 USD) instead of the usual S$1100+ (around 800 USD) Singapore Airlines and it comes with 30kg of baggage allowance
Just a note of caution on ANA's 787s which I used the last time. The seat backing does not actually lean backward, rather the seat slides forward, so it's a rather uncomfortable when you have long legs. This was the case 2 years ago when I used ANA to get into Japan.
Speaking of flights, internal flights in Japan can be booked for around 10,000 yen (around 100 USD) per flight, even for full serviced airlines. If you take advantage of their tourist promotions.
Domestic Air Travel
Old 2015-03-06, 02:31   Link #1378
abc0716

A bit off-topic question here:

I will be at SG later on (visit my aunt, for maybe 2-3 days :P), between Lucky Plaza, Raffles Place or Mustafa Centre's money changers, which has the better rate for SGD-JPY? (Plan to get some JPY here, but the nearest money changer had sold out their JPY...)
Old 2015-03-06, 05:16   Link #1379
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
What is the average price of a econ round trip ticket out of Europe to Japan?
Dunno about average, but if you were to take a flight from Stockholm (SWE) to Tokyo (JAP), it'd cost around £650 for a roundtrip if you go with SAS. For Qatar Airways, it's around £700. Just as a small example.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 05:31   Link #1380
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
A bit off-topic question here:

I will be at SG later on (visit my aunt, for maybe 2-3 days :P), between Lucky Plaza, Raffles Place or Mustafa Centre's money changers, which has the better rate for SGD-JPY? (Plan to get some JPY here, but the nearest money changer had sold out their JPY...)
Depends on where you stay. Mustafa or Raffles are a better bet. Lucky Plaza is more for SEA countries.

Tags
japan, travel