AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-26, 08:25   Link #21
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

ok... repairing his organs using strings?! how much more hax can dofla's ability be??
please don't pull a bleach aizen on us oda
Old 2015-03-26, 08:54   Link #22
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

UGH That was awful! I flippin hate Laws devil fruit ability, it's so freakin haxed it's annoying Beyound that. It makes Luffy V.S Dof less tension too with that last hit from Law, now Dof won't be fighting Luffy at his full power, he's going to be fighting a weaker Dof so even if Luffy wins it won't feel like much of a win now

I was looking so forward to Luffy V.S Dof fight than this had to happen, way to go Oda. With Law here I've almost dropped this series twice but was back into it cuz I was thinking we were finally getting back to focusing on Luffy and having a serious bad ass fight between full powered Dof snd Luffy but nope.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-03-26, 09:14   Link #23
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

^you seem to condemn Oda quite a bit. Send him a letter then. Or if you don't like the way he tells his own story, find another one to enjoy. Relax bro.

Also guys cmon, using strings to repair cuts is something modern doctors to today. It's called STITCHES. Heck I bet some of you have them. I did. It's not hax. It's common sense to a user as sharp as Doffy.
Old 2015-03-26, 10:09   Link #24
marvelB

You know, Dofla surviving two direct attacks to his innards actually reminds me a lot of Eneru surviving Wiper's Reject back in the Skypiea arc. Though in Dofla's case his survival is more impressive here since he's NOT a logia user.

Also, some folks may disagree with me on this, but I feel Luffy facing a wounded Dofla is a smart way to even out the playing field. Hell, notice that up until now, Luffy has NEVER landed a clean hit on Dofla in the first place without Law's help. All of his attacks kept getting blocked, dodged, or outright countered. Now that his opponent's organs are damaged, his attacks have a higher chance of connecting without relying on Law's strategies since Dofla's reaction speed should be reduced by a fair margin....
Old 2015-03-26, 11:32   Link #25
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
^you seem to condemn Oda quite a bit. Send him a letter then. Or if you don't like the way he tells his own story, find another one to enjoy. Relax bro.

Also guys cmon, using strings to repair cuts is something modern doctors to today. It's called STITCHES. Heck I bet some of you have them. I did. It's not hax. It's common sense to a user as sharp as Doffy.
it's not just the repairing wounds thing... there's also the birdcage, clones, controlling others, gliding through the clouds, etc... everything just seems so OP... we're just missing haki infused strings at this point.

and as for law's ability, technically he can just switch out people's hearts/organs n BAM, dead.... no need to fight or anything
Old 2015-03-26, 11:44   Link #26
itachi-san314

the "he's dead" tease in mangas is so old at this point that I find no enjoyment at all in watching someone who's supposedly dead just get up and fight at a high level like it's nothing.
Old 2015-03-26, 11:46   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, some folks may disagree with me on this, but I feel Luffy facing a wounded Dofla is a smart way to even out the playing field. Hell, notice that up until now, Luffy has NEVER landed a clean hit on Dofla in the first place without Law's help. All of his attacks kept getting blocked, dodged, or outright countered. Now that his opponent's organs are damaged, his attacks have a higher chance of connecting without relying on Law's strategies since Dofla's reaction speed should be reduced by a fair margin....
The thing is, should Luffy defeat Doflamingo, his victory will be partly attributed to Law's assistance. And that's the problem some people have over here. They want Luffy to win without any help so that there's no dispute/doubt he's stronger.

-----

I don't know about you guys, but Trebol needs to get out of here. He's insignificant at this point and poses no threat. Luffy could easily one-shot him but Doflamingo will most likely intercept the attack. This is where Sabo will probably come in (even though he's absolute overkill against Trebol since he's made of fire and is outright vastly superior in every aspect).
Old 2015-03-26, 12:18   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
They want Luffy to win without any help so that there's no dispute/doubt he's stronger.

Oh, I'm well aware of that. Heck, this was something people kept arguing even BEFORE the timeskip. But even back then I kept arguing that two years wouldn't be enough for Luffy to be an even match for the big leagues (in fact, I recall you making arguments similar to mine, as well). The alliances are the best bet Luffy's got to conquering the New World at this point. People gotta realize that becoming Pirate King ain't no tournament..... it's about SURVIVAL, baby!
Old 2015-03-26, 12:21   Link #29
golgo13

Quote:
You know, Dofla surviving two direct attacks to his innards actually reminds me a lot of Eneru surviving Wiper's Reject back in the Skypiea arc. Though in Dofla's case his survival is more impressive here since he's NOT a logia user.

Nice reminder with respect to Wiper's Reject dial.

I agree that it is a way to level the playing field, however Luffy has not really been tested yet. He usually doesn't fight well at the beginning and then quickly adapts to overcome. Elephant gatling to destroy noah and his thunder elephant punch against Don Chinjao were impressive. Still, we don't know the new limit of his fighting ability. Even for Zoro for that matter. Sanji is in the unfortunate position of having an early "loss" (Vergo and DD) but who knows.

I think Luffy has no chance against DD if both are at 100%. But maybe a flashback to his last 6 months of training on Rusukaina could inspire some imagination and confidence. Now its harder to tell as DD has been damaged. If he does need help then we can expect Luffy to befriend more and more powerful allies as he goes through the new world.

Where is Sabo running to?
Old 2015-03-26, 12:37   Link #30
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The thing is, should Luffy defeat Doflamingo, his victory will be partly attributed to Law's assistance. And that's the problem some people have over here. They want Luffy to win without any help so that there's no dispute/doubt he's stronger.
I didn't even realize this was an argument going on. There's no chance Luffy is stronger than Mingo when they are both at full strength. Even though Luffy is immensely strong for a teenager, he's still just a kid. The story wouldn't be exciting if he could just beat every warlord and emperor 1 on 1 after 2 years of training. When it comes to the next emperor fight, I would actually like to see their second in command being better than luffy just to put things back in more reasonable places. If Mingo fears Kaido, then Kaido must be at least 2 levels stronger than Luffy.
Old 2015-03-26, 12:38   Link #31
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

[QUOTE=Belise;5481612]^you seem to condemn Oda quite a bit. Send him a letter then. Or if you don't like the way he tells his own story, find another one to enjoy. Relax bro.

Also guys cmon, using strings to repair cuts is something modern doctors to today. It's called STITCHES. Heck I bet some of you have them. I did. It's not hax. It's common sense to a user as sharp as Doffy.[/QUOTE

This was supposed to be Luffy actual big time skip fight, that show us what his two years worth of training was for. If he still needs help to defeat guy's like him and he needs to get revenge for his brother to fight the Goverment again and BlackBeard this seems impossible now. Will need another flippin time skip for it to be realistic to defeat those guy's, we'll do that it doesn't look like Hiro's work of Fairy tail which I know many people complained about one of the chapters about. Him being able to defeat these guy's in over a year after this seems well

Oda shouldn't have made Law step in to take s final blow at him, it really does cheapen things over all. I don't think any of us can take Luffy's fights serious again at this point, unless he and Law fight seriously after all this but even than.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-03-26, 12:51   Link #32
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Okay, I'll accept that one additional move, but if Law does anything else in this fight after that, I'm calling BS. Also, another piece of evidence for Doflamingo's string power working in accordance to real life string theory.
Old 2015-03-26, 13:25   Link #33
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:

This was supposed to be Luffy actual big time skip fight, that show us what his two years worth of training was for. If he still needs help to defeat guy's like him and he needs to get revenge for his brother to fight the Goverment again and BlackBeard this seems impossible now. Will need another flippin time skip for it to be realistic to defeat those guy's, we'll do that it doesn't look like Hiro's work of Fairy tail which I know many people complained about one of the chapters about. Him being able to defeat these guy's in over a year after this seems well
I think you've set your expectations a little too high for the strawhats at this point. I can understand if you're eager to see some good action, but as someone previously stated, Luffy is just a teenager. We all know he's strong but he also has a habit of biting off more than he can chew. As well as not taking thing seriously enough(like Goku for example). We've also developed a mental habit of expecting him to overpower every obstacle that comes along.

He will indeed become strong enough to defeat the big leagues. But in do time. Actually I hear that Oda plans to write OP for at least another decade or something like that. Sure it's somewhat torturous reading with anticipation and not getting much, but it's still an excellent manga. Don't let it bother you that much. That attitude will suck the enjoyment out. I mean, at least most OP readers have something to look forward to. Being teased or slightly agitated is better than reading a boring manga. It's proof you enjoy it(to an extent).

I'm personally more interested in bigger topics like Kaido, the void century, the Gorosei, why there are 6 moons and where the heck DF's come from. But battles are fun to watch/discuss also.
Old 2015-03-26, 13:34   Link #34
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I don't think another time skip is necessary, even if Luffy is far from admiral level right now, not at all. Look at the Luffy who fought Arlong in the beginning of the series. Do you think he'd stand the slightest chance against Rob Lucci? No, he wouldn't. Yet he defeated Lucci without a timeskip, because the Strawhats grow continuously stronger form arc to arc. This is why we don't need another timeskip. Even if Luffy is weaker than Doflamingo right now, which is very, very likely, he's going to grow stronger over the course of the coming arcs regardless. That being said, I don't think it's unlikely that there will be another time skip, it's just that it's not necessary for Luffy to become strong enough.
Old 2015-03-26, 14:00   Link #35
itachi-san314

the timeskip came at the central point of the overall story and separated normal grand line from the new world. i highly doubt there will be another timeskip unless this story ends, luffy becomes pirate king, and then they are adults and luffy and hancock have a couple little luffy and luffyettes running around eating devil fruits that they shouldn't
Old 2015-03-26, 14:07   Link #36
golgo13

Quote:
Mihawk said during the battle at Marineford regarding Luffy's abilities:

"That is no skill or technique... but the simple abilit to turn those around him into his allies.. I would call that the most dangerous ability"

Luffy's power also comes from others. The fact that Law, a seemlingly distant and selfish character, has turned around completely to put his faith in Luffy is further example of Luffy's growth and ability to impress more and more powerful characters.

Last edited by golgo13; 2015-03-26 at 14:08. Reason: format
Old 2015-03-26, 14:08   Link #37
Rainbowman

I'm Quite surprised we get to see Law's and Doflamingo's powers explained further.

Quote:
I'm personally more interested in bigger topics like Kaido, the void century, the Gorosei, why there are 6 moons and where the heck DF's come from. But battles are fun to watch/discuss also.
What's this I hear about 6 moons?
Old 2015-03-26, 14:09   Link #38
homohominilupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
it's not just the repairing wounds thing... there's also the birdcage, clones, controlling others, gliding through the clouds, etc... everything just seems so OP... we're just missing haki infused strings at this point
I think he used haki infused strings against Smoker at Punk Hazard
Old 2015-03-26, 14:12   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I would have to disagree, Enele would have been able to do the same thing were he a paramecia since he basically just jump started his own heart. I put them on equal levels of impressive xD
Old 2015-03-26, 14:17   Link #40
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What's this I hear about 6 moons?
I never noticed before, but...
Spoiler:

Apparently that's might be a thing... huh. neat.