Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-06, 16:37   Link #2001
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I said I don't think it is a comedy, which is a personal opinion, so why are you coming with a tag that somebody else added?

From the beginning I never saw enough comedy parts to classify this as a romantic comedy. The moment Banri's amnesia was revealed it was pretty clear in which direction the show would go.
I was kidding. I'd have called it a "relationship drama" or a "college soap". Certainly not a rom-com.
Old 2014-02-06, 16:42   Link #2002
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I was kidding. I'd have called it a "relationship drama" or a "college soap". Certainly not a rom-com.
Oops, sorry. Hard to identify irony online when there are no smilies involved.
Old 2014-02-06, 17:02   Link #2003
bakaouji

Seems like Koko and Banri are actually making progress by facing their fears.

It was big of Koko to push Banri to attend his class reunion knowing that he'd be alone with Linda. Of course, I'll only believe it when I see it-- you never know, Koko might have a change of heart and decide to check up on Banri if her insecure fears get the better of her.

Banri's unsure but at least he's taking a step in the right direction although it has disaster written all over it.

I guess the weird thing in this episode was how things got suddenly tense between Linda and Mitsuo. So far the show's only implied that they could be an item and not much else, so the scene where Linda gets cross when Mitsuo dicked around with her train ticket felt off. What's more, Linda seemed to be hiding the fact that she'd known Banri since high school which further implies that they might've started going out but oddly enough it didn't quite seem that way either.

I didn't know that Mitsuo didn't know about Banri's accident and I wanna know why the show made it seem like that knowledge was pertinent to Mitsuo who seemed troubled by it.

Only time will tell whether the show's decision to befuddle us with Linda x Mitsuo will come off as hackneyed or a legitimate twist that only serves to complicate things further in a good way.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 17:20   Link #2004
Kakurin
大佐

Kouko's really starting to settle down. I already thought "uh-oh" when Banri asked Linda about whether they've seen fireworks together, but I was pleasantly surprised by Kouko's reaction. Now the main concern, at least on my part, has shifted to Banri. With him alone at home and Linda also there I wonder how he'll do.

Oh, and I also didn't like the air between Mitsuo and Linda. Her actions are kind of hard to read right now. Huh, and Mitsuo being all gloomy is also kind of worrying. I have the feeling that he will have some important role to play down the stretch. Last but not least, poor Chinami. The part where she said "No, they're not." (probably referring to Mitsuo) was very telling.
Old 2014-02-06, 19:38   Link #2005
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I don't think it was a comedy to begin with...
Are you responding to me or HayashiTakara? Neither of us implied the show was a comedy. I think it's clearly more on the drama side of the romance spectrum. That said, there's still a good chunk of comedy, which is generally not very funny (in my opinion, of course).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 20:22   Link #2006
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Are you responding to me or HayashiTakara? Neither of us implied the show was a comedy. I think it's clearly more on the drama side of the romance spectrum. That said, there's still a good chunk of comedy, which is generally not very funny (in my opinion, of course).
Even when this show was really working for me it was in spite of the comedy, not because of it.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 23:43   Link #2007
Frontier

I've enjoyed the comedy, not all of it, but a good deal. Though that's just me, and humor is an immensely subjective beast .

But I do think Toradora! was definitely funnier, and was a far more traditional romantic comedy than Golden Time is.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:03   Link #2008
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
But I do think Toradora! was definitely funnier, and was a far more traditional romantic comedy than Golden Time is.
Spoiler for comparison to Toradora:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 01:17   Link #2009
Apopo

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I HATE LINDA AND MITSUO!!!! Linda have feeling for mitsuo??? and why she dating with mitsuo?? can you tell me? He comes off as weak and insecure to me. I mean, how he handled Koko's obsession in the first place, then how he handled Chinami's rejection, and how he's handling his feelings for Linda. Mitsuo Suck!!!!!

Last edited by Flower; 2014-02-07 at 01:57. Reason: Merged and edited to make more sense...
Apopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 01:39   Link #2010
ginger02

Yeah Yana seems to have trouble handling his feelings.

I'm wondering why Kaga, Linda, and Nijigen all avoided mentioning more about Banri's past to Yana, and why he seemed so bothered by it.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 01:47   Link #2011
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Yeah Yana seems to have trouble handling his feelings.

I'm wondering why Kaga, Linda, and Nijigen all avoided mentioning more about Banri's past to Yana, and why he seemed so bothered by it.
I don't think 2D was avoiding it, he just assumed Mitsuo knew about it. Concerning the others, well Linda's been avoiding that to everybody and Kouko, perhaps she just follows suit? I guess Mitsuo was bothered by the fact that both Banri and Linda are from Shizuoka.
Old 2014-02-07, 01:51   Link #2012
Apopo

Quote:
I don't think 2D was avoiding it, he just assumed Mitsuo knew about it. Concerning the others, well Linda's been avoiding that to everybody and Kouko, perhaps she just follows suit? I guess Mitsuo was bothered by the fact that both Banri and Linda are from Shizuoka.
I very hate mitsuo, i hate mitsuo and linda together.
Apopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 07:54   Link #2013
Meltyred

Probably cause everyone wants to respect Banri's decision not to reveal his amnesia, while nijigen probably thinks it's a personal matter and he shouldn't say more.
However Mitsuo probably thinks something is up... man he just has bad luck with women.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 08:01   Link #2014
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
However Mitsuo probably thinks something is up... man he just has bad luck with women.
Or he's just naive, inexperienced and clumsy. The issue with Chinami wasn't bad luck, it was bad decision-making (admittedly provoked by Kouko) in choosing an absolutely bad timing and venue to confess in addition to giving up. I think the latter was meant by Chinami when she told Kouko how impressed she was by her love for Banri and that it isn't the same for everybody.
Old 2014-02-07, 11:28   Link #2015
apr
Pedestrian

For the record, this episode went a bit anime original.

Spoiler for Vaguely about book/anime differences:
Old 2014-02-07, 11:36   Link #2016
Meltyred

Quote:
Or he's just naive, inexperienced and clumsy. The issue with Chinami wasn't bad luck, it was bad decision-making (admittedly provoked by Kouko) in choosing an absolutely bad timing and venue to confess in addition to giving up. I think the latter was meant by Chinami when she told Kouko how impressed she was by her love for Banri and that it isn't the same for everybody.
actually was referring to Koko and Linda for the most part, plus those tea club weirdos... and well yeah.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 13:22   Link #2017
HandofFate

lol poor Mitsuo, striking out with every girl in the series.
Old 2014-02-07, 14:05   Link #2018
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
lol poor Mitsuo, striking out with every girl in the series.
that's more real life, I just asked a hostesses out today. instantly told not interested. lol seen that one coming though honestly.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 20:27   Link #2019
Preciize
Them Feels~

Glad to see Banri and Koko mature and really make a effort to face their problems and fears together. Hope to continue seeing this kind of development from them.

On another note, I've become interested in Oka-chan's past after she commented on loving someone through thick and thin. Sounds like she's been through some tough stuff.
Old 2014-02-07, 21:15   Link #2020
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm kind of surprised that it's only now that this sort of thing is going down. Seems like Banri's past and his other friends feels like something that should have been crossed earlier. Not that I'd say people are likely to tell their whole life story to everyone they meet (aside from cults), but Mitsuo and 2D-kun are two of his closer friends. Feels like his past and them finding out about it would be an earlier issue. Instead it apparently was being saved for this strange situation with Linda.

Suppose it's a nice little change. Mitsuo has been left out of the feeling unsettled in regards to other people's relationships so here's his chance. Have had plenty of Kouko being worried about Banri's past relationships, Banri worried about Linda's relationships with others, etc. So now Mitsuo gets a chance to be uneasy.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen