Why are you playing East?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 03:06   Link #11382
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
"synchronizing personal file"..
I must be tired. I read "synchronizing personal life"...
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 03:26   Link #11383
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I remember how hard playing tier 1 solo can be as I played 18 games on the slow, unweildy Renault Otsu (good final gun though).

There's far too many matches where carryhard just isn't going to be enough. On the plus side, I earned Ace Mastery on a lost Campinovka battle where I did 600 damage, facilitated 300+ more, and earned Patrol Duty + some other medal through a slow plod from bush to bush on the scout ridge while abusing my net/binocs.

Average xp on the tank is around 400 after this session. Ridiculous.
Aw, you broke your "AMERICA ONLY" streak. Well, at least the Wapanesey tanks share the excellent gun depression stats American meds have.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 04:38   Link #11384
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, unable to log in. It just keeps on stalling at "Synchronizing Personal Info", regardless of which server I choose. Is it packed at this time? Because I'm seeing unreal ping numbers (250 ping on West? How?) right now.
Old 2013-12-28, 09:48   Link #11385
Gravitas Free Zone

I remember seeing mentions of the "Synchronizing Personal Info" hang being a bug of some sort.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 16:52   Link #11386
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

There's a lot of serverside lag today, the game right now is unplayable.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:35   Link #11387
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Cool. That means I go play something else.

Bad servers + fighting mediums = bad, bad time.

---

Bought a ton of equipment for the lulz (Optics, Vents, Stab, etc.). I am now 8 million credits poorer at 10 million, and I still feel rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Aw, you broke your "AMERICA ONLY" streak. Well, at least the Wapanesey tanks share the excellent gun depression stats American meds have.
It was the start of the fall of a civilization.

Well, I haven't actually advanced up that line yet, so it's not really true! Plus, I really needed an alternative Tier 1. I remember platooning with you and you basically carried me through every single game. A low xp-crew Cunningham was just painful.

It's good to know that the Japanese tanks have the depression though. I assume it for granted, now -- can't ever do the Russians -- and I'm used to tanks where I go "what armor?"
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:43   Link #11388
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The Japanese tier 7 has -10 gun dep... In return for being as big as a house and not even having the armor of a Sherman. And while it has an autoloader, it's a 75mm autoloader. Make of it as you will.
Old 2013-12-28, 21:03   Link #11389
Newhope

Lets just say the Japanese tanks are extremely unimpressive and leave it at that.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 22:30   Link #11390
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Lets just say the Japanese tanks are extremely unimpressive and leave it at that.
I guess a tank have to massively OP to be impressive to you instead of a good, balanced tank.
Old 2013-12-28, 23:01   Link #11391
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I guess a tank have to massively OP to be impressive to you instead of a good, balanced tank.
There no where near balanced they're slow, unarmoured with very poor mobility only good thing I can say about the ones I've played is that they have good gun depression everything is MEH to outright awful.

Last edited by Newhope; 2013-12-28 at 23:14.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 23:12   Link #11392
Gravitas Free Zone

The RBWT has a very forgiving stock grind, which probably helps its reputation actual OPness. It took me very little time to get the suspension on.

Still, I had a friendly Cromwell sucker one around a corner into the waiting snout of my SU-152, which managed a one-shot kill on the thing.

I've reduced my 152's HEAT load to one shell in the magazine. I hardly ever use it, and the occasions where I have typically involve such close-range work that my actual survival isn't very assured to begin with. Also I've had some stupidly-ridiculous OSKs with regular HE when my target is unfortunate enough to give me a good side/rear shot.

Several of those have been JagdPanthers, which is something I keep in mind when I'm driving my JagdPanther...

I've unlocked the ISU-152, but since my silver situation has taken a huge hammering from exploitation of the various sales and buying tanks, I'm waiting on actually purchasing it. I'm also still using the SU-152 while I unlock the two intermediate 122mm guns on the ISU... and while my initial plan was to sell the SU-152 once the ISU was unlocked, the SU is managing to keep me just entertained enough to consider keeping it.
Old 2013-12-28, 23:13   Link #11393
Pen3

Hmm new STB-1 Skin
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 23:15   Link #11394
Gravitas Free Zone

Figures the nude part would be on the side of the tank you're going to be looking at the most.
Old 2013-12-29, 04:44   Link #11395
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
The AMX 40 is insanely OP. You can reliably do over 2000 damage in tier 6 games and carry them as bottom tier. I have never played it myself, but I must be right because claims with actual basis are overrated anyway.

I is forum unicoom and I read the wiki and reviews. Get your tinfoil hat on and try to deny me.
Old 2013-12-29, 12:54   Link #11396
Gravitas Free Zone

Some dozen games later, I'm leaning more toward keeping the SU-152 (and really not enjoying the thought of grinding up to the BL-10 on the ISU-152) because despite its many deficiencies, it has the amusing advantage of being able to totally explode careless people who are driving various open-topped TDs around.
Old 2013-12-29, 14:33   Link #11397
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Some dozen games later, I'm leaning more toward keeping the SU-152 (and really not enjoying the thought of grinding up to the BL-10 on the ISU-152) because despite its many deficiencies, it has the amusing advantage of being able to totally explode careless people who are driving various open-topped TDs around.
I agree. Though I'm not sure if I want to keep it. Nothing I played so far is quite like the SU-152. I honestly feel like a sideway arty. And those awkward moments when you throw a fireball at their general direction and you see more than one tank's HP decrease...

I'm not sure how you are supposed to grind the ISU-152 at tier 8 though. The "best" gun that carries over from the SU-152 is the second 122mm. I don't see this working out in tier 10. Free xp it is?
Old 2013-12-29, 14:47   Link #11398
Gravitas Free Zone

If Tempester is still checking in on this thread I'm curious to see how he answers. Free XP is of course the most painless and most expensive option. All-APCR 122mm offers not much advantage versus a prohibitively-high cost. Sticking with the stock derpgun isn't going to work very well against tier 10 when the rate of fire is that horrible.

Of course, the tier 8 TDs that I'm running all have a 60K XP final gun problem, except for the RBWT OP stick.
Old 2013-12-29, 15:30   Link #11399
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
If Tempester is still checking in on this thread I'm curious to see how he answers.
Still stalking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I'm not sure how you are supposed to grind the ISU-152 at tier 8 though. The "best" gun that carries over from the SU-152 is the second 122mm. I don't see this working out in tier 10. Free xp it is?
Unlock both 122mm guns (the A-19 and D-25) with the SU-152 before progressing to the ISU-152 if you haven't already. Then it's your choice whether to free XP the BL-10 or grind to it with the ISU-152's stock 152mm ML-20S.

Being the free XP whore I am, I personally free XP'd the BL-10, and I recommend you do the same if you can spare the gold. However, the ML-20S is *far* from the worst tier 8 stock gun, and its HEAT penetration far exceeds the gold pen on both the A-19 and D-25. Ignore the BL-9S; it's not worth the XP cost which is 2/3 the XP required for the BL-10, and it's far inferior to the BL-10 anyway.

I'd also like to add that you must upgrade the tracks to mount the BL-10. The ISU-152's XP priorities should follow this order:

A-19 + D-25 + top radio (unlocked from SU-152)

top tracks

BL-10

top engine

Object 704

BL-9S

Quote:
Of course, the tier 8 TDs that I'm running all have a 60K XP final gun problem, except for the RBWT OP stick.
beststocktier8gun_NA
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 15:49   Link #11400
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I did not know that ISU's 152 is a different gun from SU's 152. Looks like an overall improvement. Hmm. Maybe it's worth at least playing sideway arty for a while.

PS: The best Russian guns in this game start with "BL". Fear the power of BL.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks