AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 10 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 24.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-03, 22:29   Link #201
Nemesis

Somehow i feel this series's ending has a high chance of having less splendour than the previous.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:33   Link #202
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
With regards to the Arthra being part of the prophecy or essentially being any part of the action, it doesn't look that way as Chrono had said that the ship was more or less near the end of its operational life and was unable to withstand long-term missions(Precia's fault?).

I'd say the only way for it to circumvent that rule is to ram it. XD

@Kha
Well the 3 definitely needed to use their stamina and exert effort on their part, while the conventional weapons were talked of as though there were no safety locks on them, such that they'd annihilate a world if a baby as much as fell on the button.
I don't believe that there weren't executive orders to fire a WMD. Then again... Jimmy raise several valid points:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
My thoughts on the conventional weapons ban:
1. The "even a child can operate them" thing is propaganda. Damn effective one too, since people are still spouting it 75 (or 150) years later.
2. I can see only one scenario that would allow the TSAB to implement the ban so successfully. It has to have been instituted just after an apocalyptic war fought with conventional weapons was won by the worlds that eventually became the TSAB's members. Also, there was no strong faction that disagreed with the policy. If there had been a strong anti-ban faction that could not be defeated without the use of conventional weapons, the ban would never have been instituted no matter the desire to do so.
3. There is one way magic can render conventional weapons almost useless. This would have helped in gathering support for the ban. Think about our weapons, almost all of them use kinetic impact to destroy. If non-magical kinetic attacks cannot penetrate shields, barriers and fields, what use are they against a mage army?
There were some more things, but I haven't been able to compose them in my head yet.
1. Definitely. At SG we're stuffed with that bullshit. No wonder what Fate said stank so familiar. And I'm being serious here.

2. Yeap, and not to mention facilitate the fusion of several nation states into one body. It'll be the only way to survive after having practically destroyed all semblance of national structure.

3. And correct again. I'd like to point out Catch 22 here: Do repeated conventional attacks wear down a shield, or does a shield totally ignore the incoming fire and wall it off? We've yet to pit US Marines against TSAB Enforcers, but that'll be the only way to prove this theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
reminder: the numbers are example of non magical weapons
I'm pretty sure they are using another kind of magic, since magic is basically anything that cannot be explained by science.

My guesses for Relic power are:

1. That it runs on a different type of mana, like say, soul particles? Bounto deshou?
2. Is super-advanced Science, running on high reverse entropy and permanent engine principles to generate wtf loads of power. (Did I just kill you Darco? )
3. Some form of Will-to-Power system ()

And Chaos please read this post, I wanna hear what you think.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:34   Link #203
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Reminds me of someone once said:These people are living in a world of their own!Telling them the truth will cause even more confusion.

Also,since conventional weapon were banned for so long,their blueprints on how to make them may be long gone.It is possible for the Doc to not to have his gagdets have them since he does not have the blueprints for those kind of weapons.And one thing,the type 3 gagdet had a laser which cut through the metal ceiling in the battle.Not to mention the missle add ons for type 1's.

Now i wish there was a extremely functional type 4 gagdet with built in rapid fire laser blasters.

But sadly,looking at the way thing are going, i think it wont happen
75 or even 150 years aren't that much.

Lasers are considered magic I guess Missiles would be more interesting though Rate of fire and projectiles' velocity are the things that bug me in almost every anime with some kind of blasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
3. And correct again. I'd like to point out Catch 22 here: Do repeated conventional attacks wear down a shield, or does a shield totally ignore the incoming fire and wall it off? We've yet to pit US Marines against TSAB Enforcers, but that'll be the only way to prove this theory.
I've tried it once on 4chan - modern weapons (it began with Gunslinger Girl cast but then nukes and so on were also brought in) vs Nanoha Was fun, but no solid conclusion.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:35   Link #204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh good I'm gone and we have another elaborate discussion of the real world logical implications of the modern weaponry vs magic. Maybe it's just that I'm too lazy to get into it, it's summer after all that kind've thing I'll be ready for back in September. Oh well some good arguments at any rate.

Nothing wrong with a shoot first worry later thing. Long as no one is going to prosecute you about it.....(leave no evidence )

Hmm we need something light hearted to break all the seriousness....Chaos I count on you for that kind've thing. Well we could always get into the implications of a relationship between Erio and Caro being depending on their relationship to Fate as a not-related by blood brotherxsister thing or auntxnephew thing (something funny about Caro being like Erio's aunt... yeah now I can see why Erio didn't want to get into that kind've thing.)
Old 2007-07-03, 22:36   Link #205
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Kha, FlareKnight

I'm on lunch break AFK ...
Old 2007-07-03, 22:41   Link #206
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Hmm we need something light hearted to break all the seriousness....Chaos I count on you for that kind've thing. Well we could always get into the implications of a relationship between Erio and Caro being depending on their relationship to Fate as a not-related by blood brotherxsister thing or auntxnephew thing (something funny about Caro being like Erio's aunt... yeah now I can see why Erio didn't want to get into that kind've thing.)

Why wouldnt he?

Lol if Caro is Erio's aunt then pairing and relationshipp will take a huge blow.
Then there wont be a happy ever after for ErioxCaro.But for Erio x lutecia.........

Last edited by Nemesis; 2007-07-03 at 23:05.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:58   Link #207
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
75 or even 150 years aren't that much.

Lasers are considered magic I guess Missiles would be more interesting though Rate of fire and projectiles' velocity are the things that bug me in almost every anime with some kind of blasters

I've tried it once on 4chan - modern weapons (it began with Gunslinger Girl cast but then nukes and so on were also brought in) vs Nanoha Was fun, but no solid conclusion.
I'd say 150 years is the minimum requirement, and that's pushing the envelope already. The US is 150 years old right?

Actually, since conventional weapons (here on called CWs) were banned also becos of their pollutive nature, I suppose lasers, phasors, railguns and other energy based precision weapons, like mag pulses, proton torpedoes (Star Wars & Star Trek FTW ) and the venerable Ion Cannon might've been spared. I've long theorized that some bombardment magic is actually beam particle technology, though how they get light/particles to bend like they do in Nanohaverse is beyond me at the moment.

I need to watch 10 to 14 to see whether the Gadgets are armed with CWs. As a sidenote, if they are, then I'm going for the super-advanced Tau-level tech being the basis of Relic power.

@Chaos: Ok cya around Boss.
Old 2007-07-03, 23:03   Link #208
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'd say 150 years is the minimum requirement, and that's pushing the envelope already. The US is 150 years old right?
More like 200 and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Actually, since conventional weapons (here on called CWs) were banned also becos of their pollutive nature, I suppose lasers, phasors, railguns and other energy based precision weapons, like mag pulses, proton torpedoes (Star Wars & Star Trek FTW ) and the venerable Ion Cannon might've been spared. I've long theorized that some bombardment magic is actually beam particle technology, though how they get light/particles to bend like they do in Nanohaverse is beyond me at the moment.

I need to watch 10 to 14 to see whether the Gadgets are armed with CWs. As a sidenote, if they are, then I'm going for the super-advanced Tau-level tech being the basis of Relic power.
If we're talking CW's on drones, I believe those laser weapons on the drones are conventional, and we see those aerial drones firing missiles at Fate and Nanoha in 11, thus lending credence to the existence of certain weapons at least (although how missiles still exist is an unusual point...).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-03, 23:29   Link #209
Jimmy C

Quote:
although how missiles still exist is an unusual point...
The principle behind rockets is quite simple. It shouldn't take someone with the Docktor's resources long to recreate the design from scratch and he wouldn't have to. He almost certainly has access to dimension-hopping magic, he can get them from a sufficiently advanced Non-Administrated World. Like ours, for example.
Coming up with a guidance package good enough to home in on people is a different matter. It could be gotten around by using magic instead of tech though. Since he created the AMF, he should know how to make his own magic work in it.
Old 2007-07-03, 23:47   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
My guesses for Relic power are:

1. That it runs on a different type of mana, like say, soul particles? Bounto deshou?
2. Is super-advanced Science, running on high reverse entropy and permanent engine principles to generate wtf loads of power. (Did I just kill you Darco? )
3. Some form of Will-to-Power system ()

And Chaos please read this post, I wanna hear what you think.
I'm not quite sure what kind of input I could contribute though This is out of my class So off the top of my head...

Other than 1, I'm never going to use the word 'soul' around you people again

2, Can I assume you mean something like a Self-sufficient power generator? Because that seems to be the case for all high-risk lost logia...

But why this one in particular?

3, I was hoping it's not something that simple...

I'm thinking that maybe the true potential of a relic isn't individual, but rather as the whole set.

Quote:

At least wait till I actually watched the episode first

But at the moment, even though it's a tiny feeling, I'm still worry abit about Erio/Caro and the whole family thingy.

However, I'm willing to forget all that if Lutecia comes into the picture, either way I'll get something out of it
Old 2007-07-04, 00:03   Link #211
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
At least wait till I actually watched the episode first

But at the moment, even though it's a tiny feeling, I'm still worry abit about Erio/Caro and the whole family thingy.

However, I'm willing to forget all that if Lutecia comes into the picture, either way I'll get something out of it
Wait for you to watch the episode, nah that's utter madness .

I wouldn't worry all that much about the Erio/Caro thing. All we need to do is go back a few episodes to that 'date' to get past any concerns about a family thing. Unless they are the married part of the family. Of course that doesn't mean Lutecia can just jump into things since that'd be fun regardless.
Old 2007-07-04, 00:04   Link #212
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Not a bad esp for this too...
Old 2007-07-04, 00:08   Link #213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Wait for you to watch the episode, nah that's utter madness .
It's only until tomorrow

Quote:
I wouldn't worry all that much about the Erio/Caro thing. All we need to do is go back a few episodes to that 'date' to get past any concerns about a family thing. Unless they are the married part of the family. Of course that doesn't mean Lutecia can just jump into things since that'd be fun regardless.
Don't forget the whole RomeoXJuliet possibility except with not-related-by-blood thing...

*points at sig*

About Lutecia... I can't believe that after episode 12 there's STILL a possibility of it happening!

Quit yanking our chains and give us an answer!!! ()
Old 2007-07-04, 02:23   Link #214
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

75 years is a LOT of time for radical advances in weaponry. You do realise that 75 years ago, we had no automatic-guns, no nuclear weapons, no ICBMs, no carriers, no jet planes, etc...

Compared to the technology of today, the weapons we were using 75 years can be considered "primitive".

If we then jump back ANOTHER 75 years into the past... hoo-boy... no tanks, no rockets, no planes, no bolt-action rifles, etc... the late 19th century was pretty shitty to be on the frontline.

Whoever claims that 75 years is not enough for major leaps in technological advancements in weapons is obviously smoking something and not sharing.

Cheers.
Old 2007-07-04, 03:05   Link #215
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
75 years is a LOT of time for radical advances in weaponry. You do realise that 75 years ago, we had no automatic-guns, no nuclear weapons, no ICBMs, no carriers, no jet planes, etc...

Compared to the technology of today, the weapons we were using 75 years can be considered "primitive".

If we then jump back ANOTHER 75 years into the past... hoo-boy... no tanks, no rockets, no planes, no bolt-action rifles, etc... the late 19th century was pretty shitty to be on the frontline.

Whoever claims that 75 years is not enough for major leaps in technological advancements in weapons is obviously smoking something and not sharing.

Cheers.

No wait, I think that 75 years was in reference to being able to get rid of all banned weapons.

THough I've already said that nothing is absolute and that there're bound to have people that could slip by the system
Old 2007-07-04, 03:56   Link #216
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Cheers.
Quote:
No wait, I think that 75 years was in reference to being able to get rid of all banned weapons.

THough I've already said that nothing is absolute and that there're bound to have people that could slip by the system
That's the point here. 75 years is a little short for all known nations to gel together into one big entity, and not to mention absolutely wipe out all CWs from the face of the Administrated Worlds (AWs). It seems pretty absolute cos we don't exactly hear of firearms trafficking, only Relics.

Also, wouldn't some local AW governments cry foul of the way CWs are allowed in the NAWs? Unless back then there were no NAWs with CWs, but that's another hard image to project...
Old 2007-07-04, 04:05   Link #217
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's the point here. 75 years is a little short for all known nations to gel together into one big entity, and not to mention absolutely wipe out all CWs from the face of the Administrated Worlds (AWs). It seems pretty absolute cos we don't exactly hear of firearms trafficking, only Relics.

Also, wouldn't some local AW governments cry foul of the way CWs are allowed in the NAWs? Unless back then there were no NAWs with CWs, but that's another hard image to project...
Perhaps Magic has been widely accepted as a better choice now.

Conventional weapons does have more disadvantages.
Old 2007-07-04, 05:12   Link #218
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Well, both Type-1 and Type-2 are seen using a kind of guided-missle, so yes, they're definitely there.

And for a record, Tuduki once answered to web-clap that, even N&F wouldn't survive a nuke.
That answer was made at around Season 1, and he didn't specify how big of nuke it is, but there's one comparison.
Old 2007-07-04, 05:18   Link #219
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Perhaps Magic has been widely accepted as a better choice now.

Conventional weapons does have more disadvantages.
The only disadvantage of Magical technology, if you might call it that, is that one needs magic to activate and use the weapon...the wielder becomes the weapon's "ammo".
But if used correctly, there's no harm for the user.
Old 2007-07-04, 05:32   Link #220
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The only disadvantage of Magical technology, if you might call it that, is that one needs magic to activate and use the weapon...the wielder becomes the weapon's "ammo".
But if used correctly, there's no harm for the user.
That is not really a down side such it can be another layer of protection for weapons of mass destruction...

On a completly unrelated note to Nanoha, what are you guyings picking up this season? So far zombie loan, nanatsuiro drops and school days in raws for me
Closed Thread