AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-17, 03:42   Link #101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Granted, there's still the next episode for things to turn around and make better sense, but at this point I'm just going to call like it is.
Or there's that huge chance whatever happens next episode makes this matter a hell of a lot worse.
Old 2009-08-17, 06:30   Link #102
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Exactly.

This twist makes no sense. In the context of the game, the shooting made sense, here Faldio should have been doing everything in his power to find a way to not shoot Alicia, no matter how traumatised he is from his squad's death.

I mean sheesh. Does this mean we should have expected Welkin to shoot Alicia because Isara died? I'd say they're both roughly equal on a mental pain level given that a squad formed less than a year ago can only ever become psuedo family, whereas Welkin had grown up with Isara.
The question not only is about traumatize Faldio, in this situation everything Faldio and Welking fighting for is about to be destroyed, Faldio already loose his entire squad, in this unbalanced battle all sacrifices will be useless, because this Faldio chose are compreensive and not out of character, of course not right one, he already chose sacrifice people before, his reaction is norm for his character because he wants stop this war at all costs.
Old 2009-08-17, 07:28   Link #103
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
because he wants stop this war at all costs.
And... he is doing this by shooting Alicia in the back? Now, in the game, he had a very good reason to snipe Alicia from afar, but so far in the anime, I am not sure if Faldio grasped just that reason, yet.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-17, 08:59   Link #104
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And... he is doing this by shooting Alicia in the back? Now, in the game, he had a very good reason to snipe Alicia from afar, but so far in the anime, I am not sure if Faldio grasped just that reason, yet.

- Tak
Bleh, don't tell too much now :/ I am not that far in the game. Just need to play the battle then I see the reason why he shot!!!einself!!!!!

Btw. in the end it does not matter as in both version he ends up to be the person who shot at Alicia.

Btw2. Regarding is shot. Short circuit effect. Think he was not in sane in that moment. Memory flood and so on. I think he also has the problem carries the burden of the loss of his comrades. And loosing comrades is a very reason for a short circuit situation.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:08   Link #105
Sassarai
Army of One

Ahh yes now it makes sense why Fabio shot Alicia

Spoiler for deleted scene:

After

Spoiler for after:

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-08-17 at 10:37.
Old 2009-08-17, 11:18   Link #106
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post

After

Spoiler for after:
HAHAHA...of course he is using drugs"

i think Faldio have big historic knowlege about his world, and knows how awake valkyrians, could be very dangeours, but when they(Valkyrians) are close to death their powers could awaken.
Old 2009-08-17, 11:37   Link #107
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

After

Spoiler for after:
Buwhahahhahaa omg that's hilarious!
Old 2009-08-17, 12:14   Link #108
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
HAHAHA...of course he is using drugs"

i think Faldio have big historic knowlege about his world, and knows how awake valkyrians, could be very dangeours, but when they(Valkyrians) are close to death their powers could awaken.
Knowledge? From where? From fairytale? Remember that ruins are ruined. The most he coul get were some fairytales and wild guesses which do not count as big historic knowledge.
Old 2009-08-17, 13:58   Link #109
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Knowledge? From where? From fairytale? Remember that ruins are ruined. The most he coul get were some fairytales and wild guesses which do not count as big historic knowledge.
True that, but, some "fairytale" have proved just observing Alicia and Selvaria skills and capabilities, of course, Faldio did this madness believing in nothing more than assumptions and little time observation,it is madness because he bet with the life of another person, not only another person but that person wich he loves.

Last edited by Gilgamesh00; 2009-08-17 at 14:12.
Old 2009-08-17, 14:18   Link #110
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
True that, but, some "fairytale" have proved just observing Alicia and Selvaria skills and capabilities, of course, Faldio did this madness
believing in nothing more than assumptions and little time observation,it is madness because he bet with the life of another person, not only another person but that person wich he loves.
He got mad and did it is one of the worst excuses ever, specially when preview shows him back to normal as it seems (if he would go crazy then shooting the one you love would not bring your mind back, in fact it would only deepen the abyss of madness).

Temporary madness? Thats even worser excuse than madness. well I guess we need to see the next episode to see if they completely screwed themselves up with it or if it was just another casual and usual screw up.
Old 2009-08-17, 14:37   Link #111
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
True that, but, some "fairytale" have proved just observing Alicia and Selvaria skills and capabilities, of course, Faldio did this madness believing in nothing more than assumptions and little time observation,it is madness because he bet with the life of another person, not only another person but that person wich he loves.
Madness?!!! This isn't madness, it's Valkyria Chronicles!!

Spoiler for Why he is called Fabio:

It's beyond madness!
Old 2009-08-17, 15:40   Link #112
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Madness?!!! This isn't madness, it's Valkyria Chronicles!

I find it funny you guys have given him the nickname "Fabio".
Old 2009-08-17, 15:46   Link #113
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

I find it funny you guys have given him the nickname "Fabio".
The point is... Faldio was absurdly mad, but not random.
Old 2009-08-17, 15:59   Link #114
kalbron

Actually the point is that it was random. In the anime he has no reason to shoot her. None. Zip. Ziltch. He has no knowledge, nothing, nada.

Being traumatised? No excuse.

Being insane? No excuse.

Deliberately shooting her? No reason and especially no excuse since he's been trying to get into her skirt for ~17 episodes and claimed he loved her.
Old 2009-08-17, 16:25   Link #115
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Actually the point is that it was random. In the anime he has no reason to shoot her. None. Zip. Ziltch. He has no knowledge, nothing, nada.
I found the evidence!

Spoiler for evidence:
Old 2009-08-17, 16:48   Link #116
Tak

At this point, I doubt we will ever be able to tolerate whatever reason behind Fappio's shooting of dear Alicia. Even if he had the same reason for shooting her as he did in the game, it had effectively been rendered impotent by virtue of this script's presentation.

If his very actions in this episode succeeded in achieving anything, it succeeded in decimating whatever remaining sympathy we might have had for him. In short, this episode succeeded only in making him hated.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-17, 17:05   Link #117
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Funny you mention that because I'm curious as to how this is going to roll down.

I mean by sniping afar no one will know but shooting like that......

Quote:
Pretty sure those giant books he was reading served some purpose.....
Old 2009-08-17, 17:09   Link #118
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Funny you mention that because I'm curious as to how this is going to roll down.

I mean by sniping afar no one will know but shooting like that......
And if memory serves, the shot was purposely not fatal.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-17, 17:20   Link #119
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Pretty sure those giant books he was reading served some purpose.....
Here's the thing though: the only reliable source of knowledge about the Valkyria was the Barious ruins. Since, y'know, they built it and filled it with their knowledge. Everything else is conjecture and folklore.
Old 2009-08-17, 17:24   Link #120
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Here's the thing though: the only reliable source of knowledge about the Valkyria was the Barious ruins. Since, y'know, they built it and filled it with their knowledge. Everything else is conjecture and folklore.
And if memory serves, game Faldio concluded the same way through research and such. Alicia and Selvaria were just one of few Valkyrias running around throughout history.

The ruins were about the story, not about the biology of the Valkyrias.
Closed Thread