Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-28, 02:47   Link #101
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Art quality is one thing really, but imo the main gripe with this series is that it has some of if not, the worst animation I have ever seen come from A1 Pictures, especially in an Aniplex funded show.
This. I'm really baffled too with the animation quality that I have to lower my expectation in the animation department to enjoy an episode. I really want to know what really happens that the promising animation quality just went crashing and stomped ridiculously. Is it because of limited budget? Or is it because the licensing of musics? Or is it others?

I'm still hoping that it will improve, somehow. At least it has been little by little, but steadily, getting better, though I sometime just want to /facepalm at the movement animation.

<fangirl ramble>

AND I DISAGREE WITH SHIKI BEING UNLIKABLE KAKKOU~~ At least from the opinion of a masochist here That and I just have no problem with anyone looks like as if he is acting high and mighty and snobbish and... Wait, why am I somehow contradicting myself?

That and he doesn't annoy me like Keisuke and to a lesser degree, Rin. Arbitro is........ ........ Just think him in very flamboyant way the side products depicts him, and I'm sure you will be intrigued (in both positive and negative way) with him. @w@

</fangirl ramble>

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 03:19   Link #102
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
<fangirl ramble>

AND I DISAGREE WITH SHIKI BEING UNLIKABLE KAKKOU~~ At least from the opinion of a masochist here That and I just have no problem with anyone looks like as if he is acting high and mighty and snobbish and... Wait, why am I somehow contradicting myself?

That and he doesn't annoy me like Keisuke and to a lesser degree, Rin. Arbitro is........ ........ Just think him in very flamboyant way the side products depits him. @w@

</fangirl ramble>
LOL

It's Bitros... hobbies that make me dislike him, otherwise his behaviour is amusing, especially with the Executioners around. Kau actually has my sympathy, except I just can't look at him without getting creeped out . Shiki... well to be fair I'm not too acquainted with the game outside of a drama cd, some manga chapters and some info here and there I looked up, so maybe he does have some redeeming points. Nothing I've come across says otherwise though :x. Otherwise his chara type just holds no appeal to me.

Was the bartender from the manga original to that only? Cause he was quite likeable but didn't appear in the anime.

Coincidentally, Rin is the only character I like out of the cast because he seems to be one of the few non-rapists/plain disturbing characters around, oh and Jun Fukuyama, nuff said lol. Keisuke is annoying though. Having said that, I don't outright dislike them all, just not really appealing.

Why do i have this gut feeling I'm one of the few if not the only guy amongst the frequent posters in the thread? lol

Last edited by Kakkou; 2010-10-28 at 03:30.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 03:49   Link #103
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Why do i have this gut feeling I'm one of the few if not the only guy amongst the frequent posters in the thread? lol
Don't rule me out just yet!
... though I tend to keep my Keisuke fanboyism to a minimum since I feel like the odd one here.

Good to see the thread's not lost in the depths of the Current Series forum like I thought it'd be. Looking forward to ep. 4 tonight, even though I'm not one to really care for Shiki~ Maybe he'll at least get decently animated scenes since he's a fan favorite and the staff's gotta be aware of that.
Old 2010-10-28, 07:33   Link #104
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
LOL

It's Bitros... hobbies that make me dislike him, otherwise his behaviour is amusing, especially with the Executioners around. Kau actually has my sympathy, except I just can't look at him without getting creeped out . Shiki... well to be fair I'm not too acquainted with the game outside of a drama cd, some manga chapters and some info here and there I looked up, so maybe he does have some redeeming points. Nothing I've come across says otherwise though :x. Otherwise his chara type just holds no appeal to me. [/size]
Bitro's hobbies are sick, I grant you that, and I didn't like him much at first. But... You just can't help but to notice the damned way he talks!! Thanks to that he becomes more flanderized in about every other things he appear in. But I don't complain lmao

I'm pleading silence to both Shiki and Rin, since I don't wanna ruin anything but I can assure you, the only reason I am a bit annoyed by Rin is my prejudice with shotas/anyone who looks too young for their (probable) age, and sadly Rin gets my 'shota alert' since my first impression Other than that, I am intrigued by him. And point to think about: Does Shiki look like as if he has any redeeming point personality wise? I'm not gonna say anything, but it's best to hold out your point of view 'till he gets enough screentime and create homicide with those bright blood or make anyone with sane brain runs, complete with screaming like a little kid. But Keisuke... I just have reasons why I can't compromise with him, as much as I tried to like him ;A; At least he fits the moe for this series?

... Though I guess I can admit that part of why I like Shiki is because of his fangirl bait appearance Yay to shallowness?

Quote:
Was the bartender from the manga original to that only? Cause he was quite likeable but didn't appear in the anime.
Which bartender you are talking about? I haven't read the manga - I can't get into the first vol thanks to Chayamachi's art - but I guess I'm curious if that bartender is the one I am thinking about. I guess... Small pic please~~

And both you and Katapan need to fanboy preferably more openly *cough* more D: We girls need to see more squeeing aside from (inevitable) discussions. :x While I lurk until I finish every damn of my studies ;;

Old 2010-10-28, 15:03   Link #105
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
ep 4 was nice more akira and shiki action o_o
Old 2010-10-28, 15:44   Link #106
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Which bartender you are talking about? I haven't read the manga - I can't get into the first vol thanks to Chayamachi's art - but I guess I'm curious if that bartender is the one I am thinking about. I guess... Small pic please~~
I think he meant the bartender in episode 2/3 that gave the enhancement drug to some random person, then the camera lead to Motomi explaining what the drug specifically does?
Old 2010-10-28, 18:26   Link #107
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Need subs but yippee more Shiki!
Old 2010-10-29, 20:31   Link #108
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Does Shiki look like as if he has any redeeming point personality wise?
Frankly, no .
Quote:
I'm not gonna say anything, but it's best to hold out your point of view 'till he gets enough screentime and create homicide with those bright blood or make anyone with sane brain runs, complete with screaming like a little kid.
... Though I guess I can admit that part of why I like Shiki is because of his fangirl bait appearance Yay to shallowness?
But as I said, it's not like I truly dislike any TnC character, just not enough exposure to care about them yet. This is a Nitro+ show so I do expect to have my impressions proven wrong in a good way. Most of my Rin bias comes from me likng his VA and the fact that one drama CD I listened to was Rin's story I was traumatized by the *ahem* scene in it though. Dear god was I traumatized.. Also, Shiki's very existence is fangirl bait lol, so I'm not surprised at his large fanbase at all.
Quote:
Here. Chayamachi's art isn't that bad imo, but I can see why people don't like it.

--------

Episode 4 in a nutshell: Rin jumps Akira; Shiki jumps Akira. I was quite happy with it partially cause half of the ep was spent on Rin =X. Much better animation this round (frames, there are more frames! lol) and the art's more consistent and the characters actually look decent. As for developments, Akira enters Rin's route for half the episode, I didn't know Yuuchi Nakamura was also in this o.o. Not much development, seemed a bit like a 'before shit hits the fan' moment at the rooftop. Things look more heated up in the preview.

FYI the first dvd has been postponed by 3 months due to A1 wanting to improve the animation. Looks like they got the message .

Next week: Takeru returns, Rin in serious mode, Akira in trouble (when is he not anyway? >.>)
Old 2010-10-30, 02:46   Link #109
zalem

Ugh, finally got around to watching this since I'm a fan of the game and read the manga. Keisuke is as horrible as ever. I wish he would die a quick death already, get him out of the way.

That screen time should go to Shiki. lol. Or anyone really, as long as it's not keisuke. Anyway, it's amusing so far but the animation is on the poor side. Wish they'd put more effort into it.
Old 2010-10-30, 12:30   Link #110
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 4:
Old 2010-10-30, 15:40   Link #111
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 4:
Shiki has the hots for Akira. He wants Akira to get strong so that it takes more effort to dominate him. It's no fun if it's too easy.

Akira's got those defiant eyes but his body is too wimpy.

Maybe Rin went to warn someone that Shiki was in the area. He can't fight Shiki with just a dagger and alone.
Old 2010-10-31, 02:06   Link #112
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

/dons non-player hat/

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Next Episode: Shit starts to hit the fan. Takeru appearing again = <333 (Shut it I love Takeru :E)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Akira's got those defiant eyes but his body is too wimpy.
Ehhh, I wouldn't say Akira is weak or wimpy. In fact I would categorize him as stronger or more skillful than average but ruthless. Even though he doesn't show it much since arriving in Toshima hoho...

Seriously, comparing anyone with someone who practically decimates an area with ease is not fair. I'll still say that Akira is too ruthless though, since he should have known how much blood have been spilled when Shiki's name is mentioned.
Quote:
why is there a neutral zone?
Personally I view the Neutral zone as the resting area. No one must not fight in that area. While Toshima is a pretty damn ruthless city, I guess there are rules that must be uphold, especially regarding the rations and such.

Then again, even if Toshima has "Kill or be Killed" rule, it still probihits the use of firearm, I think. Or was it Bl@ster's? I only remember that Bl@ster doesn't allow killing, the difference with Toshima's battle royale. (Memory failure here)

/removes hat of non-gamer/

Quote:
Frankly, no .
Thank God you still have normal sense then.
Quote:
But as I said, it's not like I truly dislike any TnC character, just not enough exposure to care about them yet. This is a Nitro+ show so I do expect to have my impressions proven wrong in a good way. Most of my Rin bias comes from me likng his VA and the fact that one drama CD I listened to was Rin's story I was traumatized by the *ahem* scene in it though. Dear god was I traumatized.. Also, Shiki's very existence is fangirl bait lol, so I'm not surprised at his large fanbase at all.
Ah, I guess FukuJun is a bait for everyone fufu~ And I can understand your surprise and horror, mate, I do feel for ya' ;_; I guess the moral of the story is to check whether it's clean or not before you start listening to any drama CDs? :3
Quote:
Here. Chayamachi's art isn't that bad imo, but I can see why people don't like it.
Ah I guess I was remembering the wrong person. But yeah, the bartender is pretty much non-existent in the game :3 As for Chayamachi's art, I actually just don't like her B&W lining lmao (in which the anime seems to be basing the design from). But honestly I don't think her art is bad, she is definitely improving. It's just not my taste though :3

Old 2010-10-31, 08:06   Link #113
orion

Quote:
/
Ehhh, I wouldn't say Akira is weak or wimpy. In fact I would categorize him as stronger or more skillful than average but ruthless. Even though he doesn't show it much since arriving in Toshima hoho...

Seriously, comparing anyone with someone who practically decimates an area with ease is not fair. I'll still say that Akira is too ruthless though, since he should have known how much blood have been spilled when Shiki's name is mentioned.
But better than average doesn't matter if your competition is near god level. Since he is suppose to be fighting Shiki, it is fair to compare them. Akira needs to do some weight training. He doesn't have the strength that Shiki has. He also prob needs a longer range weapon or to seriously develop a better fighting technique. (He saw the sword at least 2 times and still hasn't figured out how to get in close to Shiki. He didn't knock out the smaller fry in the last ep either. Not to mention he couldn't get Rin off him.) II Re is prob stronger than Shiki. If Akira can't beat Shiki, then he can't beat II Re.
Old 2010-11-02, 06:24   Link #114
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I love Oldcodex but I can't find the third ending theme.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 21:29   Link #115
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for episode 4:

Everyone can't stop loving Akira.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 22:26   Link #116
LKK

ANN will finally start its streaming of Togainu on November 10. Details on how many episodes will be uploaded on the 10th, upload times, and information about subsequent uploads can be found here.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 17:18   Link #117
orion

2 weeks behind schedule apparently. So do we put ep. 5 and 6 discussion in spoilers because of the ANN crowd or follow normal rules?
Old 2010-11-08, 03:17   Link #118
Kakkou
Tch.

So last week's decent quality was just a fluke since we're back to the usual lack of frames and bad QCing, meh. Keisuke's such a lovesick little boy for his age, so getting told off like that was a natural development though it looks like Akira may be eating those words next week. I never quite got the whole 'lick your weapon to look menacing' routine. It works at times but when small fry do it it just looks silly lol.
Old 2010-11-09, 12:55   Link #119
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 5:
Old 2010-11-09, 16:33   Link #120
Horse

> Guitar soundtrack (1cd) e-ZUKA @ Dec 22 (LASA-5073)
> Original soundtrack (2cd) Tomohisa Ishikawa @ Jan 12 (LASA-9017)

Uh... 3 CDs... really? The show sure doesn't seem to have that much original music...
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boys love, josei, violence