AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-16, 11:53   Link #221
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Futakoi does have a much different feel than shows like Maburaho and Love Hina--the absence of fanservice (at least for what I've seen through ep 3) is enough to make it very different from the stereotypical "harem" show. The legend of the twins also makes it feel like it'll take a more dramatic turn than harem series typically do (although I hope it doesn't get as dramatic as Kiminozo). In other ways, it fits the harem mold since almost all of the girls like the male lead and his main dilemna is deciding which girl he wants to go out with. I just hope when it ends it doesn't take the easy way out and leave it open-ended.
Old 2004-12-16, 14:42   Link #222
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yea I think Futakoi is quite a unique series that it's actually very different from other harem shows... There's so much focus on the character development, especially for the male lead, that IMHO puts it more in league with KGNE and Kita He than things like Sister Princess and Maburaho (I'm not saying that it's that similar to KGNE or Kita He, but it feels even more different from your standard harem shows)
Your both absolutely correct, both you dreamless and suguru. But I seriously think Maburaho was denied a decnt ending, seeing as how it was comedic, and I do believe that comedy series do not get good endings 100% of the time...Whilst KGNE was so serious, I don't remember laughing at all while watching that....

A really good ending is what I want for Futakoi, but it pains me to see Nozomu so unhappy.....I'd take the girls right away! LOL
Old 2004-12-16, 17:00   Link #223
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

just watched ep11, very interesting indeed
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-18, 22:47   Link #224
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Uhm, does this series even qualify as harem? I mean, right now he's just trying to do something with the sakura twins, and it's not like all the twins are all over him 11/24 [where 11 stands for ep count, and 24 stands for total running time]. And, I really hated the way Maburaho ended, so it deserves no mention LOL.
I believe the total episodes for this series is 13, judging from the information on Japanese BBS and the way the story is going at the moment ( episode 11 ).

I liked how they got a supporting character to tell off the male lead. You rarely get this with most harem series. Most series just have everything falling into place to aid the final couple to become together. Here we seem to have characters who see what is wrong with the situation and moving to rectify it.
Old 2004-12-18, 23:38   Link #225
dreamless

I'm not really sure if it will be able to have a satisfying conclusion with 13 episodes... since next episode it seems more or less a filler one judging from the previews... currently I'm guessing around 26 episodes or a second season (not that UFO table one though, I'm still not sure what that UFO table one is about).

well, Maburaho's ending is actually something unorthodoxical for a harem show, which I consider a merit for a harem show (since harem shows usually don't have any merit anyway)
Old 2004-12-24, 01:10   Link #226
mangatron

hello people, episode 12, and merry christmas to you alle!

Spoiler:

Mangatron, waiting for ep 13.....
Old 2004-12-24, 02:39   Link #227
Morisato Keiichi

Ishin

Ishin released 2 a month from 1 then 3 a few days later and 4 will be out with in the next week or so. Ishin will catch up please join us on irc.bakanet.org #ishin-digital. IT WILL BE RELEASED MORE OFTEN LOL Thank to our fearless leader.

Have Fun
Old 2004-12-24, 05:45   Link #228
dreamless

wow! such a deceptive episode preview! At the end of ep11 preview I thought ep12 looks like a filler episode, never expected it to be so angst-ridden, and even more surprisingly, in a good way. So yup ep13 will be the final episode, really really can't wait for it now, I just don't know how the whole thing will be resolved, and I really really hope it doesn't get some cheap ending. Currently the only way I think this series can end satisfactorily is for Nozomu getting beaten to death by that goat, Nozomu needs to DIE! there's no other way to resolve the whole thing! (kinda reminds me of Sentimental Graffiti now, the best ending should be all the girls surround Nozomu's grave and cry out their angst and then head out for a new future without him )

Oh, and I like Kohsaka-kun more and more

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-12-24 at 05:56.
Old 2004-12-24, 11:24   Link #229
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

For me, the best moment of episode 12 was from 11:35 to 13:50. Good display of the pent up emotions and conflicts that the relationship had brought onto this pair. The last few episodes do shine.

One wonders though if the series could have done with less episodes, this I would have to ponder after the conclusion. Let us hope the conclusion would be something else other than a convenient solution that somehow satisfies everyone greatly.

最終回 「春遠からじ・・・」 2004年12月29日放送予定
Old 2004-12-27, 00:24   Link #230
Morisato Keiichi

#ishin-digital is moving.

We are moving from bakanet to Rizon please join us @ #Ishin on Rizon Futakoi 4 may be released tommarow. I will come back and announce it.

Morisato_K1 the Offical rules keeper of #ishin :P
Old 2004-12-27, 03:12   Link #231
Morisato Keiichi

Wink Futakoi Episode 4 Ishin Style

Tommarow some time Futakoi Ep. 4 will be released. Please join on in #Ishin on Rizon stay tuned as to the appropiate time to come. 5 Will be released sometime soon if any hope within the same time it took it to get from 2 to 3. Not a month. :P Just remember you heard this from K1 on Anime Suki. I like to thank Anime Suki for graciously providing this message board to let you guys know. As always we are looking for help. Join in and talk to Xiang or a op to see how you can help.

Have a Happy New Year 2005 <<Now what is so new about the Next year, its another year of insanity LOL >>
Old 2004-12-30, 00:43   Link #232
mangatron

another year of insanity = more bishoujo for meee!!!

Aside from my craziness, ja, happy neu jahr, und I watched ep 13. Uhm, what to spoil....

Spoiler:

End of Futakoi, need new series. See you all next season, und happy neu jahr again!
Old 2004-12-30, 15:30   Link #233
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
another year of insanity = more bishoujo for meee!!!

Aside from my craziness, ja, happy neu jahr, und I watched ep 13. Uhm, what to spoil....

Spoiler:

End of Futakoi, need new series. See you all next season, und happy neu jahr again!
Aaaarrrghhhh!!!

Spoiler:

There's always the new Futakoi series that ufotable is doing in spring '05, although I read it's going to focus on the Shirogane twins. It doesn't sound like it'll be a sequel, I wonder if Nozomu and the other twins will be in it, or if it'll go in a completely different direction. The ufotable Futakoi's website shows one of the Shirogane twins with a machine gun ( http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/h...ufo/index.html ) so it's hard to tell what it's going to be like. I'm guessing if it's anything like ufotable's other work (Dokkoida and Shinobuden) it'll be an insane comedy...definitely looking forward to seeing more of the cast of Futakoi.
Old 2005-01-01, 15:56   Link #234
dreamless

hmm... I think ep13 is okay... not the best possible ending, but it's quite okay, somewhat fitting to this series
Spoiler:
For the UFOTable one, at least according to the cast list, all six pairs of twins will make an appearance, but there's no Nozomu listed in the list... I hope he gets kicked to death by goat-chan in between the series
Old 2005-01-02, 10:58   Link #235
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Spoiler for Episode 13:

Still, the series is worth a watch for those who want to watch something easy going on a cloudy day.
Old 2005-01-02, 11:02   Link #236
dreamless

Hmm... I think it's only highschool? so it's okay... I mean, people rarely settle with someone when they are only 14-15... I expect once they reach around 16-17, the real competition will kick in
Old 2005-01-03, 18:23   Link #237
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ya know, for a series I was rather hesitant of at first, I've really come to love Futakoi. It's one of those series that grows on you. ^_^ I can't wait till episode 7. hehe.
Old 2005-01-03, 19:19   Link #238
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I expect once they reach around 16-17, the real competition will kick in

You are absolutely correct.

I just wish that competition was not on my end, but the girls end....
Old 2005-01-03, 20:40   Link #239
Arrou

Send a message via MSN to Arrou
I usually dont watch this kind of anime but after i saw the first episode i was stuck.
So now im looking forward to ep 7, please hurry :P
Old 2005-01-04, 13:01   Link #240
SeedBoy

Isn't Futakoi ends at episode 13? I mean I heard there is another show which brings back the original character from this one but with a different storyline, and here I see people talkin about episode 14 and up predicting the continuation.
Closed Thread