AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-15, 08:29   Link #7241
Legendzerox

Just finished chapter 6 of volume 10, and will finish chapter 7 and 8 tomorrow morening. Chapter 6 was freaking long, and as for volume 10... It is nowhere as good as I heard it to be. Maybe stuff happens in chapter 7, but so far nothing that awesome as what I heard it was.
Legendzerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 09:26   Link #7242
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
Just finished chapter 6 of volume 10, and will finish chapter 7 and 8 tomorrow morening. Chapter 6 was freaking long, and as for volume 10... It is nowhere as good as I heard it to be. Maybe stuff happens in chapter 7, but so far nothing that awesome as what I heard it was.
Volume 10 is mostly a holding pattern - it shows the current state of characters, but also reaffirms the doubt how it is all transient, only temporary and not nowhere near a real solution. Think about it as an prelude to drama - you need to establish the setting first to deconstruct it later on. The highlight of the book, for me is the ending chapter. The whole volume converges into the ending thoughts, and that Hachiman's questioning at end is, among other things, that awareness that Shizuka talked about in volume 9.

So it is a bit weaker compared to Vol. 8 and 9, however it is needed to further advance the story.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 10:36   Link #7243
Legendzerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
Volume 10 is mostly a holding pattern - it shows the current state of characters, but also reaffirms the doubt how it is all transient, only temporary and not nowhere near a real solution. Think about it as an prelude to drama - you need to establish the setting first to deconstruct it later on. The highlight of the book, for me is the ending chapter. The whole volume converges into the ending thoughts, and that Hachiman's questioning at end is, among other things, that awareness that Shizuka talked about in volume 9.

So it is a bit weaker compared to Vol. 8 and 9, however it is needed to further advance the story.
Well hopefully we get some good stuff from the last two volumes, assuming 12 is the last. I hope for the best for Yui, but as it is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Oregairu ends with no ships sailing unless some major drama ensues which causes one of the girls to totally leave the club.
Old 2015-06-16, 02:15   Link #7244
megaroad1

An update by Excorcismis up with an interview of the production staff. It seems that Yui will make a move in ep.13 and that the finale will be something one cannot avoid to feel painful about. Ouch!
Old 2015-06-16, 02:53   Link #7245
ShirayukiX
betwixt and between

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaroad1 View Post
An update by Excorcismis up with an interview of the production staff. It seems that Yui will make a move in ep.13 and that the finale will be something one cannot avoid to feel painful about. Ouch!
I just read it, and my heart is pounding right now from anxiety and fear! I hope it isn't an anime original ending, because that would really suck and if it is, I hope it's not a friendship ending. It would suck even more if volume 11 was the last volume. Be prepared everyone! Shit is gonna get Real!!!
Old 2015-06-16, 05:05   Link #7246
ices
Working Hard

That Yui cover for vol. 11 becomes relevant now.

Images
Cover for Vol. 11
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 06:31   Link #7247
Dysprosium
Banned

Yeah, the last line from the interview was pretty telling.

I guess we can't expect any sort of happy end/resolution there, for Yui, at least.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 07:49   Link #7248
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. On one side I'm interested in the closure of the series and the true ending (unchanged or not) or the anime only ending, whatever they can cram into two episodes, and on the other, it will most likely suffer concerning character motivation due to lack of time. Not to mention, that Haruno will be also thrown in for a good measure to probably tie up the Yukino family issues to some conclusion. (Haruno refuses the family obligations or contemplates about doing so and moves in with Yukino is my guess).

That line about love starting to intermingle since EP 11 is a head-scratcher. While it is obvious that is starting to be much more prominent it was never the main focus of Volume 10. For instance adding the 3rd chapter of 10.5 would make more sense in establishing it further - especially talking about the Yui's actions - it would act like a nice foreshadow about her determination and self-reflection. But whatever.

As for the possibility of an original anime ending i think that, most likely this image from the 1st chapter of 10.5 gets yet an another meaning.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also if there are two endings (anime and novel) now we'll have two reasons to be angry instead of one. The flames of burning ships will be twice as high. Double the "fun".

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
Old 2015-06-16, 09:18   Link #7249
Legendzerox

I finished volume 10, and while the girls may have feelings for Hikki, he really has none for them at all. I really think it will end with them going their separate ways into the future. Hikki himself said
Spoiler:
When Hayama told him
Spoiler:
Pretty much Hikki wants their relationship to reset, and is completely fine with it. This won't end with any ships, this won't even end with them being as close as they once were, more it will end with them being strangers. Also volume 11 is most likely the last volume. I doubt they would of delayed the release for any other reason except to put the finishing touches on the story.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:04   Link #7250
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
I finished volume 10, and while the girls may have feelings for Hikki, he really has none for them at all. I really think it will end with them going their separate ways into the future.

Pretty much Hikki wants their relationship to reset, and is completely fine with it. This won't end with any ships, this won't even end with them being as close as they once were, more it will end with them being strangers. Also volume 11 is most likely the last volume. I doubt they would of delayed the release for any other reason except to put the finishing touches on the story.
It's not about wanting their relationships to reset it's about accepting it as inevitable. It's even more clear after reading 10.5 that further expands on that subject.

Also the ending chapter, for me is one of the better ones in the series.

Old 2015-06-16, 10:08   Link #7251
Legendzerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
It's not about wanting their relationships to reset it's about accepting it as inevitable. It's even more clear after reading 10.5 that further expands on that subject.

Also the ending chapter, for me is one of the better ones in the series.
Guess I need to read 10.5, I looked at that as a spinoff novel.
Old 2015-06-16, 12:38   Link #7252
ShirayukiX
betwixt and between

All we can really do is wait. Lets just hope that it isn't an anime original ending, and that it ends good enough that a 3rd season is possible.
Old 2015-06-16, 14:10   Link #7253
Kamuui

I don't care if we have an anime original ending as long it's written by Watari. After all, the season 1 had an original ending too in that time, some time later was it came out the volume 6.5 with the story of the last episode. I hope we have something similar this time, and preferably involving the last chapter of volume 10. The talk with Hikki and Haruno was it was too much significant to be omitted this way.
Old 2015-06-16, 22:27   Link #7254
Excorsism

One color illustration down, one more to go.
Old 2015-06-16, 22:50   Link #7255
GodEmperorPenguin
Belly-Drumming Sea Otter

Quote:
Oh boy, I do love me some Yui suffering. I am excite.
GodEmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 04:48   Link #7256
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
*Prepares to write the sappiest alternate ending possible*
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 05:35   Link #7257
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post

One color illustration down, one more to go.
Now it is a happy Yui. No wonder Yukino looks confused.

Old 2015-06-17, 09:44   Link #7258
eceso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorPenguin View Post
Oh boy, I do love me some Yui suffering. I am excite.
Looks like your valentines story might come to fruition lol
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 10:58   Link #7259
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

I found a very good essay on Oregairu and growing up on ANN

Also, please tell me, do we know if the episodes 12 & 13 will adapt the beginning of volume 11 or are they anime original?
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 12:08   Link #7260
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumeNoMonogatari View Post
I found a very good essay on Oregairu and growing up on ANN

Also, please tell me, do we know if the episodes 12 & 13 will adapt the beginning of volume 11 or are they anime original?
Based on the TV listings, we can assume they are adapting parts of Volume 11. Maybe the whole volume, but that we still don't know.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck