AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-24, 21:57   Link #7441
theshade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yukino not being the perfect being she was introduced as in volume 1 hasn't been a thing since volume 5 or 6 where her personal issues began to become apparent, and especially so in volumes 8 and 9 in which the drama that took place was pretty much her own doing due to her inability to deal with her own problems.

This is volume 11, and Watari said Oregairu will be ending soon, and even though Yukino has changed considerably since the beginning, she hasn't actually even begun to deal with her own issues.
She was supposed to (or, at least, she intended to) compete with Hachiman on whom helped the most people, and as of now, Hachiman has basically done the job almost by himself.
This begs the question, how can Yukino help others when she cannot even begin with her own case? Ever since volume 8 she became a ball of personal issues.

If this was a football match Yukino would be losing 10-0, and the match is at min 35 of the second half of the match.

I honestly don't see how Watari can make Yukino (in a satisfying way) get over her issues AND become someone who can help others in the ... one or two volumes this LN has got left.
Hmm, I'd personally put a hefty part of the blame on Hikki for the events of vol 8,9. Really, all of it could have been avoided by him directly talking to her, rather than doing his usual his roundabout method. I mean that's why Yukino said something like- they weren't as close as they thought if her being in the council would ruin their friendship.

Watari has handled their concurrent development well so far, with Hikki pretty much improving already, so I'm sure he'll do the same for Yukino.

But yh, like others have mentioned I too miss her sharp tongue and banter.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 01:06   Link #7442
RioFoxx

I wonder how this is going to work. One more resounding theme through the series is that Yukinoshita and Hikigaya get development pushed in some situation in which Yui is not present, or not actively present, without fail.

So, I wonder what that development of the same situation in Volume 12 will be. That's probably one of the biggest roadblocks to predicting where this story is going. Though I might feel a little differently come tomorrow.
RioFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 05:47   Link #7443
YearOfSilence

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmNEJi View Post
Lol that's fine and I know where you're coming from, but personally I wouldn't even the two (even Hiratsuka-sensei Lol). It's okay for them both to be who they are and pursue him in their own way. It's just this volume Yui was acting strange and it was to be expected. I still have a vague understanding of Japanese, but I do agree with having an importance in the group. Yui's desires are understandable and her friendliness is indeed needed, but I believe
Spoiler:
Not sure though how it is written. Hachiman should be happy about her feelings though because even if it may seem to be genuine or an obsession someone still cares for him a lot which would make anyone happy, even if he doesn't pursue a romantic relationship with her and remain friends.
haha true, I haven't read the volume yet so you may have better insight as to the current events and characters. And yea same here, I just want 8man to be able to find his "genuine" thing that he's looking for. Please 8man be happy!!!
YearOfSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 09:01   Link #7444
Tormenk

Preview picture for episode 13.

More right here.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 09:42   Link #7445
iAmNEJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Preview picture for episode 13.

More right here.
Our ride is finally hit the end of the road. Looks like judging based of the visuals, he did answer Yui request? Yukino is beautiful just standing there. . .
iAmNEJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 09:53   Link #7446
Fruity

Will we see Yui's mom? There were some TL on 4chan that had her going "So you're Hikki-kun that Yui talks about so much". Seems very sweet as a person (as expected of course)
Fruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 10:26   Link #7447
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity View Post
Will we see Yui's mom? There were some TL on 4chan that had her going "So you're Hikki-kun that Yui talks about so much". Seems very sweet as a person (as expected of course)
Probably :
Spoiler for Gahamama:

Kinda off-topic but...

I have this feeling that if Komachi and Iroha were to met, they would hate each other.

Last edited by YumeNoMonogatari; 2015-06-25 at 11:21.
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 12:16   Link #7448
Izumo
Banned

Finally is over but I don't get what happened at the end, someone can explain that please?
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 12:16   Link #7449
Chinatown88

It's a waiting game now.
Chinatown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 12:20   Link #7450
Dysprosium
Banned

Damn.

Dat end-card.

Spoiler:

Hopefully there's an OVA announcement soon.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 12:20   Link #7451
Cinnamon

Wow, the tension for this episode was just great. Yukino's helpless expression is somewhat cute :P
That part where Yui pressures Yukino was pretty great overall, though I have not received the novel yet to check if they skipped anything.
Yukino seems to have problems stepping out of her comfort zone, which Yui notices several times with the chocolate this time.

I have to get myself a shark.

BTW, Volume 11 is out on several Ebook stores now.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 12:31   Link #7452
Tormenk

Haruno's full frontal attack was every bit brutal as I expected and then some. Ouch. Gahama-mama stealing the show for all of the thirty seconds she was in.

Yukino's aquarium scene was brief but her reactions in the last part more than made up for it. And Yui went out of the way this episode to really egg Yukino on, from the cookies to the chocolate and even forcing Hikki's hand to intervene with her request.

And of course, volume 12 when?

Old 2015-06-25, 12:33   Link #7453
Excorsism

Jesus, Yukino was on a literal downhill slope of (negative) development this entire episode until the end, honestly couldn't believe she was on the verge of accepting Yui's proposal, what the hell went through her mind there? Anyway, it's all uphill from this point on, r-right?

I guess the episode confirms several things on Yukino's end though which is nice. All those failed attempts to hand out her chocolate to Hachiman, .

As for Gahamama, they found the literal perfect VA for her. I guess we're never seeing Hachimom though, damn it.

I can take it easy with the translation for volume 11 now, right? No?
Old 2015-06-25, 12:37   Link #7454
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
As for Gahamama, they found the literal perfect VA for her.
Who was it?
Old 2015-06-25, 12:51   Link #7455
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Who was it?
Ohara Sayaka.
Old 2015-06-25, 12:54   Link #7456
Tormenk

Quote:
Jesus, Yukino was on a literal downhill slope of (negative) development this entire episode until the end, honestly couldn't believe she was on the verge of accepting Yui's proposal, what the hell went through her mind there? Anyway, it's all uphill from this point on, r-right?
She did just suffer three attacks from Haruno and her mum in a period of two days. I think the last accusation of lacking a sense of self really shook her up good, enough to pseudo-describe her feelings through the aquarium scene. That, plus going through the date she probably realizes just how much the time she spents with Hikki and Yui really meant to her. Even then it was apparent she was swallowing her feelings when she nearly agreed and I don't blame her for making that mistake at all. Yukino speaking out to make her request is definitely the light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Who was it?
Sayaka Ohara

Old 2015-06-25, 12:55   Link #7457
Cinnamon

Just speed-read the last two chapters of the novel. Seems the anime followed those pretty close. Ah, they skipped Komachi's choco
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 12:59   Link #7458
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Ohara Sayaka.
Yes, that's indeed a good fit.
Old 2015-06-25, 13:07   Link #7459
Izumo
Banned

Yukino is someone who needs to be less coward, Haruno is pushing her to do something about her own problems and she still don't understand what is going on, involving Hikki and Yui on her mess. I've seen characters this pathetic before and she have 2 options, stay in the darkness of her ineptitude or take a step away from the darkness and that's what we can see here even if is barely noticeable.

I was surprised by Yui taking the initiative and do something for the group (even if she was the one giving up and destroying her own ship). I feel like they still doomed if this false relationship, specially Hikki who deny every single oportunity to reach something genuine.

Pretty bad way to end S2, and vol 11 seems like more of the same. Yahari needs to end soon because at this point watari is just overexploiting the argument in a bad way.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 13:14   Link #7460
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
She did just suffer three attacks from Haruno and her mum in a period of two days. I think the last accusation of lacking a sense of self really shook her up good, enough to pseudo-describe her feelings through the aquarium scene. That, plus going through the date she probably realizes just how much the time she spents with Hikki and Yui really meant to her. Even then it was apparent she was swallowing her feelings when she nearly agreed and I don't blame her for making that mistake at all. Yukino speaking out to make her request is definitely the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sayaka Ohara
Yeah, I can see that, what with not giving her chocolates, giving Hachiman and Yui some space, and so forth. It's just extremely frustrating to watch which I guess might describe how Hachiman was feeling.

This has been one long tunnel, to say the least, .

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck