Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-25, 13:24   Link #7461
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Yuigahamamama... I can't pronounce it so it's Yuimom

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 13:24   Link #7462
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post

With all this talk about how Yukino is copying other people's behavior, is immensely dependent, and has no self, it does make me think about Yukino during the Cultural Festival. I don't think she exhibited any of those qualities at all. Rather, she was pretty much her own person, perhaps even genuine.
I disagree. They brought up the fact that Haruno made her year's cultural festival a success for a reason. It was strongly implied that the reason Yukino changed her stance from being a mere helper like she claimed to taking charge completely was because Haruno egged her on (and because she didn't want to ask for help).

I do agree that she needs to stop moping and start being a little more defiant again, but she has always been in Haruno's and her family's shadow, even if Haruno was exaggerating her flaws.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 13:29   Link #7463
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
Yuigahamamama... I can't pronounce it so it's Yuimom

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wasn't it mentioned near the beginning of the series that Yui dyed her hair and dressed herself up after the first year, meaning pink isn't her natural hair color?

Did they forget that tidbit after all this time?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 13:36   Link #7464
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

1. Don't really agree with all the downhill regression part. Yukino's state of being is akin to someone with emotional baggage who sees the shrink for the first several times. When the good doctor starts digging into the mess, even braver ones turned into a blabbering pile of shit there.

Give her some time.

2. Does it basically mean Yui accepted the rejection from Hikki with relative grace?

3. Also, Yui and Hikki did some verbal beatdown to Haruno. Not that much, but me certainly approve.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 13:42   Link #7465
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I disagree. They brought up the fact that Haruno made her year's cultural festival a success for a reason. It was strongly implied that the reason Yukino changed her stance from being a mere helper like she claimed to taking charge completely was because Haruno egged her on (and because she didn't want to ask for help).
I still think she managed to make some progress from her problems regardless of how she handled the events in that volume, which is a stark contrast to how she is now. Basically, the closest form to the "strong" image Hachiman has of Yukino at the end of volume 11.

Actually hoping for a 13th volume because I honestly don't think I'll be satisfied with just one more volume unless Watari summons the genius in his hands or something.
Old 2015-06-25, 14:00   Link #7466
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wasn't it mentioned near the beginning of the series that Yui dyed her hair and dressed herself up after the first year, meaning pink isn't her natural hair color?

Did they forget that tidbit after all this time?
Hair color in Anime is one of the great mysteries of the Universe.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
Old 2015-06-25, 14:01   Link #7467
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
I can take it easy with the translation for volume 11 now, right? No?
No, please no? I mean, don't take it easy? I'll make you cookies?
Old 2015-06-25, 14:08   Link #7468
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Also also: I think it's not Haruno moving in with Yukino, it's Yukino is forced to return to the family. At least, that's what I parsed from Haruno's speech. ("You don't have anywhere else to return to". Haruno pls die).
Old 2015-06-25, 14:10   Link #7469
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Also also: I think it's not Haruno moving in with Yukino, it's Yukino is forced to return to the family.
Haruno says specifically that she's moving in with Yukino under their mom's orders.

On another note, I wonder how she felt waiting for Yukino all night only for her to not show up, .
Old 2015-06-25, 14:17   Link #7470
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
On another note, I wonder how she felt waiting for Yukino all night only for her to not show up, .
I dunno... We'll find out in six months.

Old 2015-06-25, 14:35   Link #7471
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Haruno says specifically that she's moving in with Yukino under their mom's orders.

Okay, I misunderstood then.

By the way I didn't quite get Hikki and Yui's reaction to Yukino's words over phone. Are they upset because she used their reasoning word for word?
Old 2015-06-25, 15:11   Link #7472
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Okay, I misunderstood then.

By the way I didn't quite get Hikki and Yui's reaction to Yukino's words over phone. Are they upset because she used their reasoning word for word?
She essentially copied Hachiman's phrasing word for word and said them to Haruno which Yui and Hachiman notice. I guess the point of the scene is that she isn't really thinking for herself at all when it comes to herself and her family; more or less, her dependency problem.

I think there's also the suspicion that her dependency problem is a copying people kind of problem, so she doesn't really have a "self" that Haruno chides her for at the school gate.

Running joke on 2chan is calling her Copy(paste)non, .
Old 2015-06-25, 15:30   Link #7473
Heat066

Just watched it....the tension, it's real.

Is that the same ending for vol. 11? animeonlywatchers are raging right now.

Dunno about you guys but I can see this ending at vol. 12(max 13), what's left to the plot? Confession, and Yukino's family, anything i'm missing? unless new requests are added of course.

P.S.

Gahamama a qt.
Old 2015-06-25, 16:04   Link #7474
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Just watched it....the tension, it's real.

Is that the same ending for vol. 11? animeonlywatchers are raging right now.
Same ending as the novel, just skimmed through the novel.

Btw, regarding Yukino's copying people, do you think she copied her snarky tongue and her 上から目線-attitude (sorry, the english word doesn't appear in my mind now) from Haruno? And regarding the penguins, after reading that info board, do you think she saw herself in those penguins? The extreme form of reliance? Is she afraid/disturbed by the fact that she may be willing to follow someone to their death?
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 17:07   Link #7475
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Dunno about you guys but I can see this ending at vol. 12(max 13), what's left to the plot? Confession, and Yukino's family, anything i'm missing? unless new requests are added of course.
Them growing as people so they can have a relationship, a strong bond that'll last for the rest of their lives. Be it love of friendship it doesn't matter. Is it possible at all? Will they grow apart or not?

A final answer to that.

How convincing that answer and the reasoning behind it is will make or brake the ending. And that's my biggest fear. I'm inclined on the positive outcome but you'll never know.

That was the purpose of the Club from the start. I've always thought about the plot as being a bit less important, it was like a maze that Watari puts them through so we can see their reactions and wonder why they did what they did

I was going to say Something Genuine but that word is like a meme now gets annoying after a while hearing it over and over again, me guilty as charged.

Old 2015-06-25, 17:16   Link #7476
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Same ending as the novel, just skimmed through the novel.

Btw, regarding Yukino's copying people, do you think she copied her snarky tongue and her 上から目線-attitude (sorry, the english word doesn't appear in my mind now) from Haruno? And regarding the penguins, after reading that info board, do you think she saw herself in those penguins? The extreme form of reliance? Is she afraid/disturbed by the fact that she may be willing to follow someone to their death?
I wouldn't be surprised, but I guess it would be more of a mixture, her bad experiences and Haruno being her role model surely played a huge role there.

As for the penguins, that's pretty open to interpretation, but what I think is that maybe she imagined how her relationship with Hachiman would be in the future, maybe she fears she would drag him down or make him unhappy on the long run, that, and now knowing she has a rival, it all boils down to inner fears.

It could also be that she feels guilty she might be depriving Yui from what she wants most in her life, or it might be all of them.

Just guesses.
Old 2015-06-25, 19:48   Link #7477
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
Them growing as people so they can have a relationship, a strong bond that'll last for the rest of their lives. Be it love of friendship it doesn't matter. Is it possible at all? Will they grow apart or not?

A final answer to that.

How convincing that answer and the reasoning behind it is will make or brake the ending. And that's my biggest fear. I'm inclined on the positive outcome but you'll never know.

That was the purpose of the Club from the start. I've always thought about the plot as being a bit less important, it was like a maze that Watari puts them through so we can see their reactions and wonder why they did what they did

I was going to say Something Genuine but that word is like a meme now gets annoying after a while hearing it over and over again, me guilty as charged.
ok i will make the retard question of the year....what the heck is a meme?
Old 2015-06-25, 19:50   Link #7478
RioFoxx

Quote:
I still think she managed to make some progress from her problems regardless of how she handled the events in that volume, which is a stark contrast to how she is now. Basically, the closest form to the "strong" image Hachiman has of Yukino at the end of volume 11.

Actually hoping for a 13th volume because I honestly don't think I'll be satisfied with just one more volume unless Watari summons the genius in his hands or something.
I have a feeling that if 12 is really the last, (did that afterword confirm the way that last volumes are normally talked about?) it'll be extra beefy, a volume befitting of the milestone. Hopefully.

PS: Thank you for the episode spoilers, I hear Commie is going to be running late.
RioFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 19:58   Link #7479
ShirayukiX
betwixt and between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I honestly don't see how Watari can make Yukino (in a satisfying way) get over her issues AND become someone who can help others in the ... one or two volumes this LN has got left.
How do we know that there's two volumes left? We're only guessing by how the story is going so far. Hell, Watari could have 3 volumes in store to finish up the story. But anyways, I think that's what Yukino' biggest challenge is right now, like how everyone has this greatest fear or issue that they have to overcome. This is her greatest challenge, if you get what I mean.
Old 2015-06-25, 20:13   Link #7480
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
ok i will make the retard question of the year....what the heck is a meme?
I just quote it: An Internet meme is an activity, concept, catchphrase or piece of media which spreads, often as mimicry, from person to person via the Internet.

You know something like that
Spoiler for example #1:
or like this classic
Spoiler for example #2:

Hope that answers your question

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck