Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-01, 04:52   Link #4161
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'll let you know whenever they finally get around to finished the movies. At least Rei-monster had the creepy factor going for it.
And yet otakus would still tap dat'ass and consider her a waifu material . Anno's effort to make a creepy female character always crumble before an army of otakus .
Old 2018-07-01, 04:56   Link #4162
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not even IRL logic. Concepts can still be rationally sound within the defined logic by the fictional universe. Toji no Miko was one recent example of a fictional concept that remained rationally sound throughout the series.

That's the one thing some people wanted when they watch a show that tackles several non-humorous topics: no such moments where new non-foreshadowed things are piled on top of the other instead of the story building up on ideas introduced at the start of the show.
Twists taken out of the devil's ass, yes, may seem like contrivances that only irk the audience, but is it always necessary for a story to have red-herrings and foreshadowings for stuff to come? Even real life has unexpected stuff come up on people at almost all the times.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 08:11   Link #4163
Key Board
Carbon

is this homage or plagiarism?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 08:40   Link #4164
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
I did. I thought it was beautiful for a wedding dress.
Now that I think of it the tractor beams that connected True Apus to the warp gate were kind of like a wedding procession, so the producers could've been aiming for a spiritual marriage of sorts.

and the bomb was the flowers.
Old 2018-07-01, 09:20   Link #4165
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
is this homage or plagiarism?
Most probably both .
Old 2018-07-01, 10:56   Link #4166
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and the bomb was the flowers.
"What do you want for your bouquet?"

"Strelizia, Delphinum, Argentea, Chlorophytum, Genista, and A FUCKING TON OF PLUTONIUM."

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 11:22   Link #4167
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And yet otakus would still tap dat'ass and consider her a waifu material . Anno's effort to make a creepy female character always crumble before an army of otakus .
Anno is a failure at making creepy females. Rei wasn't yandere enough. Example, Yuno Gasai. Now theres a female that creepies out otakus.
Old 2018-07-01, 12:04   Link #4168
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Anno is a failure at making creepy females. Rei wasn't yandere enough. Example, Yuno Gasai. Now theres a female that creepies out otakus.
Wait I'm confused. is someone saying 02 is a bad creepy waifu? Shes never been creepy >_>
Old 2018-07-01, 12:16   Link #4169
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Watched the episode yesterday, and I have to keep my suspension of disbelief switch on all the time in order to enjoy what transpired.

I have to admit that going the DieBuster (GunBuster 2) route with Zero Two becoming one with the Franxx pretty much didn't bother me at all. In fact, I also noticed the allusion for her to being dressed in a wedding gown for the machine's design. Quite fitting, since she and Hiro made a promise to marry each other when they were kids.

Furthermore, they continued with the Gunbuster 1 route by warping out from the Solar System only the two of them alone, taking the bomb with them, in order to destroy the VRIM homeworld.

Now, I didn't expect Hachi joined in for the ride, but I'm glad Nana knocked him back to his senses when he thought of sacrificing himself in order for her to live. After all, Dr. Franxx assigned both of them to become parents to all the children, and Nana refusing Hachi from dying meant another allusion that in order to be happy children must not grow-up fatherless.

Everything else, save for Nine Alpha's sacrifice and the Zero Two Franxx waifu, went meaningless. I mean the VRIM recon fleet neither dealt significant damage, as someone previously posted, nor Squad 13 did. They just opened a path for Hiro and Alpha to plow through, which I felt just like another plot contrivance in order to reunite him with Zero Two.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 12:44   Link #4170
Blueknight78

i'm really start to feel like "peoples keep comparing this serie which others mecha series is starting to get weird because it's aways ending being too offtopic about others series and forgeting about the main series.
Old 2018-07-01, 13:01   Link #4171
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If they were as plural as you implied then they might be but in this case it just comes across as too token.
For example, when they're talking about making babies and Zero Two says humans are awesome because they can leave something behind for the future and she can't do that. They were hammering two points there. First, that she sees herself as something different than humans; and two, that she still longs to be human, to do all the things they can do but she can't. Then when Nine shows up and accuses her of playing to being human, she doesn't argue the point. She fights him but never contradicts him. Because deep down she knows he's right. Then of course, she outright tells Hiro she's uncomfortable with him becoming like her. He says he's cool with it, but she's bothered by it all the same.

At the start of the show Zero Two has some severe case of self-loathing. When she realized Papa lied to her about becoming human if she killed Klaxs, she calms down and comes to realize the people around her accept her the way she is. But that's as far as her development goes, unfortunately. They never take her to endgame, which would be for her to accept herself fully, the way she is. That never happens. Deep down she always thought she would have to part ways with Hiro because they're different. That's why she was hesitating to draw the last few pages of her picture book.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-07-06 at 03:39.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 14:53   Link #4172
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
"What do you want for your bouquet?"

"Strelizia, Delphinum, Argentea, Chlorophytum, Genista, and A FUCKING TON OF PLUTONIUM."
My bet is that they are going for antimatter or even better, the bouquet is a device that opens a black hole.

Quote:
I still think she is hot
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 15:39   Link #4173
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
For example, when they're talking about making babies and Zero Two says humans are awesome because they can leave something behind for the future and she can't do that. They were hammering two points there. First, that she sees herself as something different than humans; and two, that she still longs to be human, to do all the things they can do but she can't. Then when Nine shows up and accuses her of playing to being human, she doesn't argue the point. She fights him but never contradicts him. Because deep down she knows he's right. Then of course, she outright tells Hiro she's uncomfortable with him becoming like her. He says he's cool with it, but she's bother by it all the same.

At the start of the show Zero Two has some severe case of self-loathing. When she realized Papa lied to her about becoming human if she killed Klaxs, she calms down and comes to realize the people around her accept her the way she is. But that's as far as her development goes, unfortunately. They never take her to endgame, which would be for her to accept herself fully, the way she is. That never happens. Deep down she always thought she would have to part ways with Hiro because they're different. That's why she was hesitating to draw the last few pages of her picture book.
yeah, i agree with you and this show which "not everyone can be changed so easy" while she come to accept what she is, this still don't means which she want the same for hiro or which she will be fine by him dying with her, life is not so simple and easy and many times many peoples need a lot or work and time to change "when they can change".
Old 2018-07-01, 20:56   Link #4174
Twi

Wait a minute. Where have I seen this before....

Oh wait, they did it in Star Driver once:
Images
Context
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-07-02, 05:03   Link #4175
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Wait a minute. Where have I seen this before....

Oh wait, they did it in Star Driver once:
Images
Context
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Now it makes sense.
Old 2018-07-02, 12:24   Link #4176
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
For example, when they're talking about making babies and Zero Two says humans are awesome because they can leave something behind for the future and she can't do that. They were hammering two points there. First, that she sees herself as something different than humans; and two, that she still longs to be human, to do all the things they can do but she can't. Then when Nine shows up and accuses her of playing to being human, she doesn't argue the point. She fights him but never contradicts him. Because deep down she knows he's right. Then of course, she outright tells Hiro she's uncomfortable with him becoming like her. He says he's cool with it, but she's bother by it all the same.

I can't really be arsed checking these things so I'm just gonna go ahead and take your word for it. If true I hope the remaining episode will lay it on thick to her that her differences mean nothing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 13:39   Link #4177
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

I love how they change alpha's character completely so that they can give Hiro a partner

https://vlipsy.com/vlip/deadpool-2-t...iting-dFr8IexQ
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 14:22   Link #4178
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ To be fair, everything he believed in had been utterly obliterated by a hard dose of reality and there are two ways to respond to that: You either dig your heels deep and perform whatever mental gymnastics you need to, or you do a complete 180 because that's what reality is compared to what you thought it was. Alpha chose the latter.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 16:24   Link #4179
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
^ To be fair, everything he believed in had been utterly obliterated by a hard dose of reality and there are two ways to respond to that: You either dig your heels deep and perform whatever mental gymnastics you need to, or you do a complete 180 because that's what reality is compared to what you thought it was. Alpha chose the latter.
Alpha didn't really make a 180 character change. He choose to die in battle. Thats sort of running away from dealing with your world view being shattered.
Old 2018-07-02, 16:29   Link #4180
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Alpha didn't really make a 180 character change. He choose to die in battle. Thats sort of running away from dealing with your world view being shattered.
He choose to go out a "hero" over what appeared to be a slow painful death. I don't blame him or the others for that at all.