Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-29, 01:00   Link #1241
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
What sort though? I don't see the Guren using swords myself or anything of the MVS weapons we have seen so far.
Doesn't the Guren Kashoushiki hold some knife-like weapon in its left hand? At least it looks like one... why not make that into an MVS?

Also, MVS Slash Harkens.
Old 2008-06-29, 01:02   Link #1242
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I thought it didn't use that one anymore? Still, isn't it a bit too small to make any sort of real impact?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-29, 01:02   Link #1243
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doesn't the Guren Kashoushiki hold some knife-like weapon in its left hand? At least it looks like one... why not make that into an MVS?
I think the writers are fonder of ranged combat really...
Old 2008-06-29, 01:05   Link #1244
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Close-combat is a little more fun to watch I think, but I'd have to agree with that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-29, 01:05   Link #1245
Aquaman OS

Guren has a knife but its mainly for defensive purposes. Using it as a main weapon didn't work so well against Xingke as he disarmed her rather easily. That didn't get captured with the rest of the machine anyway so I don't think Lloyd can modify that.
Old 2008-06-29, 01:17   Link #1246
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Guren has a knife but its mainly for defensive purposes. Using it as a main weapon didn't work so well against Xingke as he disarmed her rather easily. That didn't get captured with the rest of the machine anyway so I don't think Lloyd can modify that.
True enough. If there's any fault with the Guren, it's that it relies on it's arm - which, granted, is very powerful but has the drawback that it eats a lot of energy, among other things...
Old 2008-06-29, 01:23   Link #1247
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Now to think about it, since CG is NOT a late night anime, why did we have NSFW speculations?
Old 2008-06-29, 01:27   Link #1248
yamibakura

After seeing Shinkiriou use its diamond laser weapon I'd like to see something counter that.

Anyways, the Guren already is a powerful force on the battlefield. It has very high offensive and mobile capabilities. It can also fly. I just thought of a number of small scale improvements that might make a huge difference in how long Guren can fight.

1. Guren consumes a lot of power - especially when its special weapons are employed. A solution for this impairment would be to increase the energy filler output capacity and/or increase the efficiency of the existing unit.

2. Guren is fast and powerful. Since it is primarily a melee based KMF, why not reinforce the structural integrity with stronger materials. This would increase the defense of Guren while relaxing pressure on the KMF's joints thus allowing improved reaction time.

3. The float system allows Guren to go airborne and fly through the skies. There should be a back up in the event of device failure. A simple solution would be to increase the number of available harkens from 2 capacity to 4. The piece on the delivery end of the harken can also be enhanced so to increase the harkens ability to grab onto an object or enemy KMF.

Edit:

4. Increase the offensive output of the radiation wave and increase its claw's gripping power. Secondly, add a second small scale claw that would be able to siphon power from energy stations and enemy KMFs. Or the energy siphon upgrade can be employed on the main claw with the radiation wave system.
Old 2008-06-29, 01:30   Link #1249
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Something to counter it? The crystal thing seems like a one shot sort of weapon and it already had a large number of flaws to it.

Old 2008-06-29, 01:38   Link #1250
yamibakura

I wasn't being serious about countering that crystal weapon. I was just saying because the way Lelouch used it to take down so many units with a single shot. If you were Lelouch's enemy and wanted to avoid such heavy losses you might want to try and counter that weapon somehow. But it already has enough flaws to it, so if anything they would probably take advantage of the existing flaws provided Lelouch doesn't immediately see through whats going on.

edit: Plus it looked really awesome.

edit: I wonder if there is anything to this, but I was watching episode 8 and it seemed as if Gino was intently getting himself ready because he expected to take on Zero himself in an KMF. Then there is that remark by Gino in episode 11 when Lelouch comes out on the front lines with Shinkiriou. Gino seemed totally surprised. Maybe its nothing. But it was sort of funny at the very end, Gino laughingly just runs up to say hello to his senpai, Lelouch who is shocked. Senpai. :-D
Old 2008-06-29, 01:45   Link #1251
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The weapon is sort of a double edged sword to me. You can't really aim and it seems he has to stand completely still, which was something that was not needed with the Gawain.

Old 2008-06-29, 01:54   Link #1252
yamibakura

So what are its flaws?

1. It can't aim its crystal weapon,

2. It has to stay completely still. Probably to accurately hit that crystal with the laser.

3. Its top class defense appears to make it slower than a lot of KMF. Still able to move somewhat decently I would think.

4. I suspect the KMF itself cannot move while its shields are deployed. Druid system is certainly impressive though.

Anything else? I don't think we've seen its harkens yet(if it has them). I'm sure it would have more weapons systems than its crystal weapon. Do we know if it can fly? Probably. I might have to go and watch episode 9 again, I might have missed something Lakshata may have said. Edit: Since Shinkiriou is a top class fortress defense KMF, I'd imagine any weapons it has are powerful. Otherwise what would the point be of simply just having the defense. Certainly its mobility lacks. I wonder how well it would fly..
Old 2008-06-29, 02:11   Link #1253
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It might. The Gawain had those finger slash harkens, but I haven't seen any evidence of it with the Shinkirou. Well, I suppose we need to see it in more scenes and battles. The one thing it has going for it is the shield.

Old 2008-06-29, 02:19   Link #1254
yamibakura

Thats true. The way he used the keyboard... I don't know if he was typing in a specific command or actually pressing key strokes in a way that each series of key strokes prompted one of the many shields to come up on a specific part of Shinkiriou's body. I'd imagine the shields can be deployed in any direction surrounding it. The shield seems different too since its design is fragmented. Which is much different than Mordreds single strong shield. Ah the crystal weapon actually knocked Mordred back too.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:21   Link #1255
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I'd have to agree with Dann. All it takes is someone to intercept the beam before it hits the crystal. That or the crystal gets destroyed before then. You know... "random" missile and all... That or Suzaku.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:23   Link #1256
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, the beam on its own without the crystal is probably powerful enough I think. I'm not sure if the crystal is needed for the weapon to cause damage. I don't know how you could intercept the beam though. We haven't exactly seen how well it would do against certain shields.

Old 2008-06-29, 02:24   Link #1257
yamibakura

The crystal/beam weapon seems to deploy much too fast to be intercepted. Unless you were expecting its deployment. In such a case that you were able to intercept it, would you be able to stop the weapon from causing damage? Or worse yet, use the diamond against the forces of the user. We have to wait to see it in action more.

Quote:
Well, the beam on its own without the crystal is probably powerful enough I think. I'm not sure if the crystal is needed for the weapon to cause damage. I don't know how you could intercept the beam though. We haven't exactly seen how well it would do against certain shields.
So you think the beam can be used without the crystal? That sounds logical. But if the crystal spreads the beam out in so many different directions, would that make the beam more powerful if it doesn't use the crystals? If so, then I don't see how it wouldn't be able to blast through any shield. Though I wouldn't think it would be too powerful. Unless maybe the beam by itself can spread away from the main body at close range. Either way, beams usually are always pretty powerful. Look at the hadron cannons.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:24   Link #1258
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Like I said, Suzaku. But now, we also have the other Knights of Round. The crystal seems to be the main problem since it disperses the beam at different directions. Block that and all he could do is fire a single beam.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:26   Link #1259
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The beam on its own doesn't seem to have the multi directional abilities the Hadron Cannons had.

Old 2008-06-29, 02:33   Link #1260
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Yep. So, if the crystal was taken out of the picture, his opponents would have an easier time approaching him. I'm not sure about his shields, though. Can it block solid objects?

And didn't they say the Hadron Cannons are now on the battleship? Hmm...
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories