AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-25, 16:49   Link #1
Laconitolatina
Loveless 4 u member

Question any romance/drama anime could recomend me please!

i ve been dying to watch another romance anime! and let me tell u i have seen alot!! and ive been lookin through so many threads today lookin for a specific anime i can download and watch with english dub (i like english dub better cuz i pay attention to detail facial expressions and all and the subs just makes me not pay attention so much but if i have to ill watch anime with subs)

maybe by naming some of the animes i have seen you ll be able to get a glimpse of my taste in anime so here are my favorites:

1. boys over flowers (hana yori dango)---loved this soo much it was like a soap opera lol it had a mix of everything romance triangles, light comedy, good art, nice voice overs, never a dull moment in this anime IM TELLING U!!!! very dramatic! i loved it!!!!

2. Koodocha (i loved this anime IT IS SOOO GOOD, its second because of the begining episodes were soo kidish but still fun the real romance is in the 2nd season!) iloved this anime!!!!!

3. paradise kiss (please dont recomend an anime like this its tooo heart breaking, foreal my heart cant take it lol i cried for days after i finished this anime! but i absolutely RECOMMEND THIS!!! im an aspiring fashion designer soo it was a plus with the fasion!!! CAROLINE & GEORGE 4ever =*(

4. Celestial Legend (asyashi no ceres) (i recomend this if u liked fushigi yugi, i loved it sooo much drama and action lol soo romantic!!!)

5. princess tutu- (I loveed this anime it warmed my heart! lol but it had some serious moments in it too which is good!!! i loved it.....go ahiru & fakia/duck & fakir)

6. B]Peach girl[/B] ---(i liked it...but i think u need to take ur time with this one or u wont appreciate it as much i saw the whole season in 2 days soo they impact it left on me was not as wonderful as i hoped!but i loved it!!! )

7. trigun--i loved, even thou it wasnt a romance anime i loved the bits of romance between meryl and vash eeven thou it was more on meryls part lol i loved it)

8. s cry ed ----i wished the ending would have been different but i did like the romance that was in it.

9. air tv----soooo sadddd =*( and it was confusing at times lol but i think u should watch the movie its much better! and explains more)

10. samurai champloo---i no that this definitly wasnt a romance anime...but i really wanted it to be...ill dream about it lol fuu and mugen!!!

11. d.n angel (i have mad love for this anime it was one of my first real romance animes i ve seen)

12. fruits basket (i felt like the series was undone which it was so iv heard but it was a very KAWaII anime)

13. fushigi yugi (was very good when u first see it but then its gets boring after u watch it another 2 times lol but i stilll loved it)

14. sailor moon ALL including stars(i got to put that anime here it was the first anime ive ever seen i loved it!!)

15. mythical detective loki ==i liked it alot it was cute and interesting but i wish it would of had more romance

16. es otherwise===did it have second season i wished it had a better ending

17. full moon===i love it so far i havnt finished it yet

18. his and her circumstances==i loved the first to discs of it but then it got a little dull for me(they say its because they changed the director but i dunno) but i liked it!

19. Marmalade boy===(i loved this anime...but i didnt want miki to end up with whats his name lol i forgot...i liked the guy with blue hair)

But here are some of the romance anime ive seen that were okay:
1. case closed
2. comic party
3. full metal panic (i didnt like the main character)
4. rumbling hearts
5. tenchi (i wanted him to end up with ryouko)
6. inuyasha (never finished i like kikyo not kagome >=[ )
7. kimagure orange road
8. girls bravo
9. wedding peach
10. suzuka
11. love hina (sooo annoying)
12. midori days
13. angel tales
14. pretear
15. maburaho
16. yumeria
17. diamond day dreams
18. boys be
19. ai yori aoshi all
20. oh and ah my godess
21. this ugly yet beautiful world
22. ufo ultra maiden all
23. meoyo ken tv (never finished it)
24. Utawarerumono (never finished it but it might go in my favs u never no)
25. trinity blood (i thought something would happen with the guy and the nun girl)
26. Wolf rain (i dont even no if there was romance but it was a sad anime)
27. witch hunter robin....i thought she liked the main guy of the story but i dunno

OKAY LOL thats all i can remember sooo farrrr! lol but i no ive seen alot more than that. lollllllllllli no i have no life

so hopefully naming some that i named will also help pppl looking for anime to watch im lookin forward to ur recommendations..... thanx

yuri isabel---thats my name im not a lesbian lol just needed to point that out lol
Old 2008-06-25, 17:53   Link #2
james0246

Kamichu - sweet and innocent romance between a young girl (who is hopelessly shy) and a young boy (who is hopelessly dense) who share class together. Oh yeah, and the young girl also turns out to be a new Kami/God...

Princess Tutu - wonderful story of a young duck who becomes a young girl in order to protect a young boy that she fell in love with while she was a duck.

edit: sorry, you already have Princess Tutu, I must have missed it.
Old 2008-06-25, 18:16   Link #3
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
If you liked Air, I'd try out Kanon and Clannad.
Old 2008-06-25, 22:33   Link #4
Arkuatic

myself;yourself-wat you're looking for
ef a tale of memories-lotsa drama and romance
Elfien lied; yea its bloody but you'll prob like it
kimikiss pure rouge; muti love triangles; guess that could be drama?
Lamune; light on the drama but high on the romance
kimi ga nozomu eien; heavy on drama and romance
onegai teacher; i dont like it but others do so you might
spice and wolf; you'll prob love it
true tears; i loved it, good drama and romance
Old 2008-06-25, 23:07   Link #5
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Seconding Kimikiss Pure Rouge.

I'll save Kholdsecks the trouble and suggest Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, which is a teen romance/drama set in a hospital. It should be right up your alley.

Sola is also worth a look. Its a romance/drama with a little fantasy (but not too much, the drama mostly takes center stage) thrown in for good measure. One of my favorites.
Old 2008-06-25, 23:37   Link #6
Arkuatic

hmmm thought "full moon===" was hantsuki
Old 2008-06-26, 00:13   Link #7
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkuatic View Post
hmmm thought "full moon===" was hantsuki
Oh yeah good point... I should've caught that, since he also used Rumbling Hearts as a title.
Old 2008-06-26, 05:40   Link #8
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

i think some anime's like "ayashi no ceres" will do..
"Gukuen no alice" will do too! and if possible "Vampire Knight"..
Old 2008-06-28, 10:04   Link #9
Navel

Nana - from the same author as Paradise Kiss. It's not the same type of story, but it will probably take one of the top places in your list.

Bokura ga Ita - I find it similar to "His and her circumstances" although other people don't.

Ouran - have some fun with this one. There's not much in terms of romance, love, or drama, but there's more than comedy.
Old 2008-06-28, 10:17   Link #10
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
Oh yeah good point... I should've caught that, since he also used Rumbling Hearts as a title.
Nah, Full Moon probably refers to Full Moon wo Sagashite.
Hantsuki's moon is a half moon anyway.

It's also rather hard to love it so far when it's 6 episodes long.

... and two Shanas and a Suigintou says that OP is female.

If you liked Air, you'll definitely want to try out Sola.
Kanon 2006 and Clannad might be your cup of tea as well, though they're not as similar.

I'll throw in REC, which is another short romance with just a touch of drama.
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu is another one you might want to try. It's not your typical high school romance, though.
Old 2008-06-28, 14:26   Link #11
Laconitolatina
Loveless 4 u member

Thank you guys very much for your suggestions!

sorry if you guys got confused with the titles of the anime....the ones like rumbling hearts and full moon i think it was those...i usually see the animes in english soo the title will be different haha. i actually rented those through netflix so i didn't no the japanese names. Im sorry bout that.
Old 2008-06-28, 14:29   Link #12
Laconitolatina
Loveless 4 u member

i think ill definitly check out nana and sola, and clannad...THANKS!!!!
Old 2008-06-28, 14:30   Link #13
Laconitolatina
Loveless 4 u member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Kamichu - sweet and innocent romance between a young girl (who is hopelessly shy) and a young boy (who is hopelessly dense) who share class together. Oh yeah, and the young girl also turns out to be a new Kami/God...

Princess Tutu - wonderful story of a young duck who becomes a young girl in order to protect a young boy that she fell in love with while she was a duck.

edit: sorry, you already have Princess Tutu, I must have missed it.
oh and thanx yea kamuichi ive seen a couple episodes of that...but i forgot about it hehe. thanx for reminding me!
Old 2008-06-29, 13:48   Link #14
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

What about Onegai Twins? It's a romance/comedy in my opinion much better than the prequel. And I second Key's other works - Kanon (2006) and Clannad.
Also recommend Asatte no Houkou, Canvas 2: Niji Iro no Sketch and Byousoku 5 Centimeter.
Old 2008-06-29, 13:56   Link #15
Feitolicious
mahou shoujo

I agree, Love Hina was annoying. Every action became a cyclic event that turned out to be nothing toward the end.

If you enjoyed Absolute Boyfriends, you might like B.O.D.Y. It's fairly new, but you can read it here: http://www.onemanga.com/B.O.D.Y./

I'm reading it currently, and I'm up to chapter 16. You might like it if your into shoujo series.
Old 2008-06-29, 15:22   Link #16
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

onegai teacher was quite good, a young guy w/ a significant older woman is pretty rare in conventional anime, and the depiction of mizuho is very well done, very good dub.
Old 2008-06-30, 12:28   Link #17
4Tran

Don't let the fact that Macross Frontier is a mecha show deter you, but it's probably a romance show at its heart. As a bonus, there's tons of fun/interesting/amusing things about it. You'll get a little more out of it if you've watched the older Macross shows, but it's not necessary at all.