AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-12, 17:39   Link #21
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
At 150 minutes... there almost kind of has to be.

Seriously, there's simply no way to spread out the content of Novel 4 into significantly more than 120 minutes of movie material with out throwing something extra in... unless the movie decompresses the narrative massively (by that, I mean, something like Kyon and Yuki taking ten minutes of screen-time to walk to Yuki's apartment).

There almost has to be something new here, even if it's just jazzing up some scenes a lot.
Yes I guess, although I've never really considered the jazzing up of a scene (like making some action or conversation longer) "anime original" material. It's more of an extension of the material.

Now about the length; if this was put into a series format it would be around 6 episodes equating out to around 2 hours. So I guess, now that I think about it more, you're are right in that that they would probably have to fit something in there (perhaps a narrative summary like I said earlier).

Also, doesn't the total runtime also account for the ending and opening credits?
Old 2009-11-12, 17:55   Link #22
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Yes I guess, although I've never really considered the jazzing up of a scene (like making some action or conversation longer) "anime original" material. It's more of an extension of the material.
Ah... I see what you mean. Yes, this alone might do it.

Quote:

Now about the length; if this was put into a series format it would be around 6 episodes equating out to around 2 hours. So I guess, now that I think about it more, you're are right in that that they would probably have to fit something in there (perhaps a narrative summary like I said earlier).

Also, doesn't the total runtime also account for the ending and opening credits?
That perhaps is the only other way to make it go up to 150 minutes - have a really long and epic OP and ending credits.

And, truthfully, I'd love that.
Old 2009-11-12, 20:44   Link #23
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
I doubt it. It's not like we haven't already seen plenty of blood splattering in the Nagato versus Asakura fight. Why would a theater-released movie be different?
LOL I totally forgot there was plenty of blood in that scene...

Quote:
3) The actual time traveling bits... this is something that I could see being amplified a lot just for the movie. I could see this being animated to look and feel like how intergalactic travel worked in the Stargate movie.
I was thinking the same thing about the time travelling bits as well, Kyon made it sound like a crazy experience in the novel. It'll be funny if it had the 'Pokemon Shock' syndrome, remember that news about children experiencing seizure and stuff from certain Pokemon episodes?

I can totally see them throwing in one or two insert songs. I'm just trying to think which are the best scenes where they could do this.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2009-11-12 at 20:56.
Old 2009-11-12, 21:24   Link #24
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
They should add a Haruhi singing karaoke when she and Kyon and Koizumi are in the Taxi.
They just should. They'd get insert songs, maybe It'd be released as a single and (shock) they'd get MORE MONEY
Old 2009-11-13, 07:31   Link #25
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
They should add a Haruhi singing karaoke when she and Kyon and Koizumi are in the Taxi.
They just should. They'd get insert songs, maybe It'd be released as a single and (shock) they'd get MORE MONEY
No karaoke. That is the least subtle form of character song advertising. It worked in 2006 but it's becoming increasingly common.
Old 2009-11-13, 09:53   Link #26
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFumo View Post
No karaoke. That is the least subtle form of character song advertising. It worked in 2006 but it's becoming increasingly common.
Not to mention cliche beyond belief.

All Glory to the Greentext.
Old 2009-11-13, 10:00   Link #27
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFumo View Post
OK...then...they could listen to the radio
Old 2009-11-13, 10:38   Link #28
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
That perhaps is the only other way to make it go up to 150 minutes - have a really long and epic OP and ending credits.

And, truthfully, I'd love that.
You know what they could do in the ED credits?
Insert the FULL dance of Hare Hare Yukai. I know it exists; KyoAni just didn't animate it. The sketches of the missing dance moves are already available, but not in animated form.

Although it is more likely that they would use a new song, in order to promote the movie OST sales.
Old 2009-11-13, 13:30   Link #29
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Insert the FULL dance of Hare Hare Yukai. I know it exists; KyoAni just didn't animate it. The sketches of the missing dance moves are already available, but not in animated form.

Although it is more likely that they would use a new song, in order to promote the movie OST sales.
I don't know if Japanese movies are prone to doing this, but Full Hare Hare Yuaki dance...

...after the credits?
Old 2009-11-13, 16:40   Link #30
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
I'd really prefer that they not use Hare Hare Yukai. Isn't it time to move on, use something new and more appropriate for the movie?
Old 2009-11-13, 16:57   Link #31
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Dunno why, but I'm kinda looking forward to hearing Kyon say "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really want to see you right now Haruhi."
In fact, its the whole 'Kyon realises for the first time how much he misses the SOS-dan' thing I'm interested in seeing how they portray.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-11-14, 02:10   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
I'd really prefer that they not use Hare Hare Yukai. Isn't it time to move on, use something new and more appropriate for the movie?
There is plenty of room in the end credits to have more than one song. I have occasionally heard THREE full songs in a single movie's end credits.

They could fit both the Hare Hare Yukai and a movie original music in the credits with no problems.
Old 2009-11-14, 04:57   Link #33
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Which full dance? This one?

Or do you mean the full three-minute song?
Old 2009-11-14, 05:23   Link #34
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Which full dance? This one?

Or do you mean the full three-minute song?
I think he means the full three minutes. Which would be pretty nice to see, actually.
Old 2009-11-15, 08:36   Link #35
Peanutbutter

Will they show the part where Kyon goes back in time to "close" the time loop after the events of SMS and Cat Goes?

That's still considered Disappearance, no?
Old 2009-11-15, 08:42   Link #36
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Will they show the part where Kyon goes back in time to "close" the time loop after the events of SMS and Cat Goes?

That's still considered Disappearance, no?
No, it is not. This is Intrigues' prologue.

However, as it works as an epilogue for Disappearance, many are asking that.
Old 2009-11-15, 11:21   Link #37
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
No, it is not. This is Intrigues' prologue.

However, as it works as an epilogue for Disappearance, many are asking that.
And I keep saying that it can't just be done, because the events of SMS are vital as to what makes Kyon decide to close the loop in the first place.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:07   Link #38
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
And I keep saying that it can't just be done, because the events of SMS are vital as to what makes Kyon decide to close the loop in the first place.
I agree. Not only that, but Disappearance ending is a pretty good ending. Ending with something else is probably a bad idea.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:10   Link #39
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
If they include the Intrigues Prologue then they seriously risk messing up SMS completely if they animate it at a later date.

KyoAni might be able to make it work, but it would be tricky, I think.
Old 2009-11-15, 16:15   Link #40
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

I think kyoani might put a recap of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody at the end of The Disappearance instead of Intrigues Prologue?
Closed Thread