AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-05-20, 01:43   Link #761
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

It's just a sample. Not even sure if I'll go ahead with it since no interest seems to be garnered.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 02:30   Link #762
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

oh okay..how bout put some attention by adding more exciting scenes.You may put my OCs if you want to(just stick with their edited personalties)

Put a character background then

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Spoiler for POV: Jay... Archer the Rumored Legendary Sniper chronicles,Day 2:"Luck is not counted on piloting IS..Combat skills,techniques and Combat Experience is what the pilot need":

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-05-27 at 03:51. Reason: UPDATED MAY 27
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 02:38   Link #763
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
oh okay..how bout put some attention by adding more exciting scenes.
- Putting in 'exciting scenes' without any background/feeling on the characters isn't really 'exciting'. Not all fanfics have to be wham-bang-explosions. IMHO there's got to be something about the character's personality or traits that stand out in your head while reading. I've read too many fanfics wherein the characters (original or otherwise) just felt like cutouts without any depth or even uniqueness to them.

I started writing fanfiction based on a book/novel style (as opposed to manga and anime), and I think characterization and feel is more important, but apparently not many people agree with me.
Old 2011-05-20, 03:02   Link #764
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Putting in 'exciting scenes' without any background/feeling on the characters isn't really 'exciting'. Not all fanfics have to be wham-bang-explosions. IMHO there's got to be something about the character's personality or traits that stand out in your head while reading. I've read too many fanfics wherein the characters (original or otherwise) just felt like cutouts without any depth or even uniqueness to them.

I started writing fanfiction based on a book/novel style (as opposed to manga and anime), and I think characterization and feel is more important, but apparently not many people agree with me.
Same goes for me then

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
*thanks to the effects of scanner,I finally able to knock down an cloaked manned IS**KNOCKS DOWN CLOAKED PILOTS WITH 'Playmaker' sniper rifle*.
Old 2011-05-21, 02:54   Link #765
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

anyways, who`s in charge of writing this?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
*KILLS ANOTHER 30 IS DRONES WITH CROSSCUT *
*HEAVEN OR HELL, I`LL RATHER CHOOSE THE GOOD SIDE*
Old 2011-05-21, 02:59   Link #766
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Hmmm... kinda lost the thread of what's going on here. Anyways, I'm working on my own fan-fic using a whole plethora of OCs from this thread. I've already written up quite a lot of stuff, but I still haven't posted the stuff yet as it might be subject to change.

For a quick summary of what I'm up to.

Sypnosis of the story is basically this:
My main char is a special agent that belongs to a certain organization interested with Ichika's "special properties". Seeing that he is being targeted, they sent him over to ISA to protect him.

The organization is also special in the way that it ventures in IS research, and currently, has made an IS that is pilotable only by my main character.

He also has a second protection target over at ISA, which is... his younger sister. She's an engineering ace that was sought after by the secret organization, but left it due to some... "unfortunate events" in the background.

So yeah, lots of plotting and complicated stuff... I should start posting stuff about it post June.
Old 2011-05-21, 10:52   Link #767
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
I should start posting stuff about it post June.
long time eh
Old 2011-05-21, 11:18   Link #768
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Sadly yes. X_X If only I didnt' have that much RL issues, might've already been done with this. (also doing TWO projects at the same time now, both infinite stratos and Hidan No Aria)
Old 2011-05-22, 02:27   Link #769
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I`m just wondering where can you put the fanfiction Termie?
give me an answer please because I want to see it please

I`m in Manila again!!!

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-05-24 at 06:33. Reason: add
Old 2011-05-22, 02:35   Link #770
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
To make it easy to read,I`m going to adjust this:

Spoiler for The Middle School Friends: "The Twin Blades from Philippines":

Spoiler for Takeshi Magsalin,The Twin Blades from Philippines:

Spoiler for Takeshi Magsalin`s personal IS, Savior Zero:

Spoiler for Savior Zero`s pack:

Spoiler for Brian Magsalin,The Twin Blades from Philippines:

Spoiler for Brian`s personal IS, Night Hawk:

Spoiler for Twin Blades` call signs; Team work codes(used by Takeshi and Brian only):

*????-someone`s OC..he`s working the same organization(Takeshi and Brian too)

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
*Filipino is the correct spelling
If you`re referring to a Philippine native(even half) person

IGNITION BOOST IN 5..4..3..HETO NA! YA-HA
*Night vision on**wields Playmaker special-type sniper rifle*

Come on I need your opinion guys about the character`s profile and their respective ISes
Old 2011-05-22, 04:30   Link #771
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Re-edited for readability/spelling mistakes.
Spoiler:
Heh, nice start :3
Also, interesting partners
Old 2011-05-22, 09:01   Link #772
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
@ gunblade: you don't have to quote your whole post every time you request a comment
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 11:59   Link #773
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

The notion of so many male IS pilots make Magi ANGRY

Spoiler for Too many men spoils Ichika's Rep:
Old 2011-05-22, 18:54   Link #774
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
your name is magi?
Old 2011-05-22, 18:57   Link #775
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I may potentially put up my fic on my webpage. but again, still deciding if there's enough interest.

Quote:
"It should be obvious. Someone of their age group is far less suspicious than an adult." <Rin> replies without truly answering the question. "There was even a plan to have me transfer into IS Academy at one point."

"And why didn't they go ahead with that?"

"Simple," For the first time, she saw a bitter grin on <Rin>'s face. "I can't move an IS. At all."
Old 2011-05-22, 22:05   Link #776
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
your name is magi?
One of my two character who have to use an inferior IS "substitute" to combat IS and other enemies who threaten them and their next contract.

OOC: It is just that it is somewhat offensive to the main canon, Ichika is the first and only guy who can use IS. This is one of those "ironclad Canon" plot devices in IS with Ichika being the only male who can control an IS and Houki and Ichika are the only one with 4th Gens. Heck giving out IS cores like Candy is a bit of an issue.

This was why I had to carefully craft Magi and similar OCs to stay outside the circle of IS, almost all of them are men and thus unable to use IS in battle. I used alternatives like VOTOMs/Armored Core (save 4 since that type of AC would affect the world in a lot of ways) and other mecha series which while awesome cannot expect to defeat an IS alone. /Rant.
Old 2011-05-22, 22:39   Link #777
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Maybe, but trying to define ACs in the IS universe is a bit tough. Believe me, I've already dissuaded a couple of friends trying to write fanfics putting Mobile Suits into IS. Mainly because while it's true giant mecha would not be as powerful as the IS, the fact that they're more easily produced and piloted would make them a lot more practical and widespread--meaning:
- The balance between male and female in military power wouldn't be as skewed as it is
- How do you explain away giant mecha, anyway?

If you're trying to keep the story in-universe, you're going to have todo a bit of due diligence and find out what the loopholes are that allow you to put these kinds of things in...

...or you could do like Kamen Rider Decade and just mess things up because you just waltzed in from an alternate universe...

Quote:
let it be his lust for Ling
- Don't tempt me, Asage. don't....*snickers evilly*
Old 2011-05-23, 00:29   Link #778
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Maybe, but trying to define ACs in the IS universe is a bit tough. Believe me, I've already dissuaded a couple of friends trying to write fanfics putting Mobile Suits into IS. Mainly because while it's true giant mecha would not be as powerful as the IS, the fact that they're more easily produced and piloted would make them a lot more practical and widespread--meaning:
- The balance between male and female in military power wouldn't be as skewed as it is
- How do you explain away giant mecha, anyway?

If you're trying to keep the story in-universe, you're going to have todo a bit of due diligence and find out what the loopholes are that allow you to put these kinds of things in...

...or you could do like Kamen Rider Decade and just mess things up because you just waltzed in from an alternate universe...

- Don't tempt me, Asage. don't....*snickers evilly*
Even if you could "mass produce" AC, there are not enough warm bodies to pilot the ACs. Choosing Ravens is done through a deadly hazing ritual where failure is death and any Raven vs Raven duel is fought to the death. The amount of AC pilots is extremely small and in the current timeline, only 4 pilots are considered legally pilots. There are about a couple others out there on the loose but the AC to IS ratio is heavily lopsided in the IS's favor. The other ravens are not exactly interested in taking over the world. just being mercenaries working for the biggest credit. The problem is finding who would hire them so they turned to a dirty living being petty warlords.

And in my case of ACs in the world, thanks to the openess of the alaska treaty, they took minaturization tech to allow smaller AC for the same combat potential, of course not everything could be used. The best they have do is make ACs smaller, they are only slightly bigger than an IS while retaining many traits of an AC. The only benefit of the doubt is the ravens are augmented with the OP-I, giving them improved capabilities at the potential cost of sanity.
Old 2011-05-23, 02:15   Link #779
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

AC in IS fanfic...

It`s sounds like IS crossover Armored Core!

I`ll rather kill Nineball using Strike Freedom then XD

Spoiler for Here`s a funny suggestion/idea made by me(I was inspired from the anime..sorry i forgot the name of the anime,i`ll check it again):

that will be funny for viewers

Caution: Nobody messes with agents 'Archer' and 'Hornet'

Spoiler for Caution: This is IS Academy!! Not SPARTA!:

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-05-24 at 06:39. Reason: here you go fellas.
Old 2011-05-23, 02:45   Link #780
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post

Spoiler for Too many men spoils Ichika's Rep:
MADA MADA DANE pare.Recently in the fanfic,male IS pilots from IS Academy are around 3-5 in numbers and They are Alex, Takeshi/Garuda, Brian/Allen, Ed Elric and ________(someone`s OC that goes by name ' Satoshi')

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-05-25 at 03:38. Reason: DETAILED?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest