Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 20:00   Link #281
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
The problem is whether she's contractually bound to NOT illustrate doujinshi of stuff she's professionally worked on. It wouldn't be impossible for her employers to have a clause like that.
Reminds me of how there were the Negima doujinshis made by one of those who was working on the manga.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 06:50   Link #282
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
I just remembered that Carnelian drew a couple doujins herself.

Irisdina-Beatrix-Kirche doujins by Carnelian....I don't think my heart would take it. But I would really enjoy it.
Don't think my heart would either. Carnelian is one of the most awesome artists ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Reminds me of how there were the Negima doujinshis made by one of those who was working on the manga.
I recall seeing a while ago a couple of Infinite Stratos doujins drawn by the author. Apparently he personally ships Ichika/Char.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 07:08   Link #283
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I recall seeing a while ago a couple of Infinite Stratos doujins drawn by the author. Apparently he personally ships Ichika/Char.
- Him and 70% of IS fans do.

But I think it's a little bit different in that case---I think Ken Akamatsu himsel fhas done doujin of Negima---not sure how that works, making doujins of his own work, but apparently he does...anyway, I think it's dependent on the company.

Some franchise holders will rip your head off regarding anything fan-created that they don't get income from. Others are perfectly fine with other people taking a riff on their works.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 10:24   Link #284
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
But I think it's a little bit different in that case---I think Ken Akamatsu himsel fhas done doujin of Negima---not sure how that works, making doujins of his own work, but apparently he does...anyway, I think it's dependent on the company.
Akamatsu-san himself never did a doujinshi for Negima. He did do at least one for Guilty Gear XX (Bridget x Millia).
Old 2013-06-05, 05:59   Link #285
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Akamatsu-san himself never did a doujinshi for Negima.
- Hm. Must be remembering someone else, or mis-rememberign somethign I read. I think Akamatsu mentioned somethign about still working on doujin even though he's now a published manga-ka, though.

Quote:
He did do at least one for Guilty Gear XX (Bridget x Millia).
- That I know. No, do not ask me any more about it.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:29   Link #286
Mazryonh

Quote:
Don't think my heart would either. Carnelian is one of the most awesome artists ever.
Yep, Carnelian has done doujinshi work for Muvluv: Total Eclipse before. I'm surprised she wasn't a shoo-in to replace Miyata Sou after the latter was fired.

Then again, I also enjoyed Tasuku Iizuki's previous work on Total Eclipse. It would be nice to have him replace Miyata Sou as well.

Quote:
You mean the original author of the light novel? Or do you mean one of the two artists who illustrated for the light novel, being Okiura and CHOCO?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:44   Link #287
Sumeragi
Banned

I get the feeling none of us would survive if Carnelian did a Schwarzesmarken h-doujinshi. Consider the following:

NSFW
After-Cleaning Irisdina
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-07, 02:41   Link #288
Mazryonh

Quote:
I get the feeling none of us would survive if Carnelian did a Schwarzesmarken h-doujinshi. Consider the following.
Carnelian has done stuff like that in her eroge illustrations before. This isn't even the most risque picture she's done without showing any 18+ bits, most likely.

At least this does mean that we'll all be in good hands if a Schwarzesmarken eroge gets made.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:44   Link #289
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Carnelian has done stuff like that in her eroge illustrations before. This isn't even the most risque picture she's done without showing any 18+ bits, most likely.
Believe me, I collect her works, and even then Irisdina is one of the most nubile characters she drew.
Old 2013-06-07, 13:56   Link #290
Mazryonh

Quote:
Believe me, I collect her works, and even then Irisdina is one of the most nubile characters she drew.
I'll admit that Irisdina's body type is the kind even many supermodels would kill to have in reality. But as for "most nubile," I think this is because:

A) Carnelian is more experienced now than she was before.

B) She has, for the vast majority of her career, illustrated teenage female characters for the eroge audience, so they don't look as "nubile" as Irisdina here who is in her 20s. Check out her eroge CG art and you'll find plenty of female characters with similar body types to Irisdina's.

C) She is clearly a fan of blond bombshells, as evidenced in her illustrations of Irisdina for this series, for Lilith of Yamibou, and her Macross Frontier doujinshis featuring Sheryl Nome. That's why Irisdina has gotten the majority of her non-novel art for this series. I'm sure you'll also like the results if Carnelian starts making illustrations for Sylwia and/or Beatrix in similar states of undress.
Old 2013-06-07, 15:35   Link #291
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

True enough. Although, she had drawn some older characters for some of her eroges; although Irisdina and Beatrix are by far the hottest babes of "agreeable age" she had done so far.

Also, speaking of Sylwia, there's actually a Carnelian picture of her younger, half-naked self in one of Schwarzesmarken side-stories.

Spoiler for Dat Bombshell:

Meanwhile, given Iizuki's work on LovelyxCation, I don't think we would survive those Total Eclipse doujins either.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 16:13   Link #292
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Meanwhile, given Iizuki's work on LovelyxCation, I don't think we would survive those Total Eclipse doujins either.
Tasuku Iizuki to my knowledge is almost exclusively a CG artist. Though he has put out doujin CG packs, he hasn't made any print doujinshis that I can find. It would be great if he made a doujin CG pack focussed around the Total Eclipse characters telling a story he sees fit, however.

If Carnelian won't take on Sou Miyata's former duties, then Tasuku Iizuki is a shoo-in for this job.
Old 2013-06-07, 16:43   Link #293
Sumeragi
Banned

The current discussion reminds me of this:

Quote:
Female characters with radar domes/cannon shells/combat helmets on their chests are another specialty of Carnelian's art. She seems to like designing characters with the letter D or further in the alphabet on their chests--in fact, one of her favourite alphanumeric combinations is 96G. Ten to one she's already recorded the sizes in her design books and could put them up on the character descriptions part of the website if the webmasters would only let her.
Quote:
Probably the one thing I don't like about Carnelian's art for Schwarzesmarken. My taste is closer to Mizuna of Kao no Nai Tsuki.

You know, I wonder why Carnelian likes 96G. Is that her number or something?
Quote:
The fact of the matter is, Suzuna Kuraki in Kao no nai Tsuki (Carnelian's breakout game, such a hit it received many collector's editions and renewals) did something very similar in arguably even LESS clothing. I'm sure that Carnelian would have a lot of fun illustrating something similar again.

If you look at the character description pages for the non-BL games illustrated by Carnelian (such as Quilt and Touka Gettan), you'll notice that she often posts cup sizes for her female characters (implying that she either makes up her mind as to how large they will be beforehand and consults photographs/lingerie stores to make a visual match or else that she goes with whichever size fits a character's aesthetics and then consults photographs to match). Still, her preference often strains the limits of "good proportions," but it could just be that Japanese (and Asians in general) women are less-endowed than westerners on average so she likes drawing what isn't found in reality. And 96G is what is listed for Yumiko Kamiazuma (Touka Gettan), Ena (Quilt), and very likely Yuriko Kuraki (Kao no nai Tsuki) and Yume Tamaru (Para-Sol).

On the other hand, Irisdina, Pham Thi Lam, Beatrix, and Sylvia look like they're packing some really heavy artillery. Carnelian's one of my favourite artists too, but she's clearly in the unrealistic camp when it comes to body proportions. At the same time, I'm still lost as to why her art took so long to get into MuvLuv if she was one of Age's founding members.
Old 2013-06-07, 22:58   Link #294
Mazryonh

Quote:
The current discussion reminds me of this:
Well, what I said then is still true now.
Old 2013-07-11, 13:07   Link #295
Mazryonh

A small update

The Age blog recently posted a cover for the current Schwarzesmarken volume:

http://ameblo.jp/agerienee/entry-11570843241.html

We haven't seen Pham Thi Lam for a while, so this is a nice change of pace. Kirke also looks great without her hat (but she is a Carnelian character, so what did we expect?).
Old 2013-08-07, 20:31   Link #296
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Would someone please continue translating this and put it on Baka-tsuki!
Also, wonder what would happened if we just made a little change: Put the 666 inside Mig-27s?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-08-08 at 20:40.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 07:51   Link #297
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Now that I'm done with Rain dancers i'm back to working on Schwarzmarken. Updates to the novel is up, expect weekly updates of 20 pages until chapter 2 is finished.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume_1_Chapter2

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 11:22   Link #298
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Beatrix makes me hnnng so hard, I think I haven't hnnng'd for a character like this since Kate Madigan from BGC.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 21:20   Link #299
gbatemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Now that I'm done with Rain dancers i'm back to working on Schwarzmarken. Updates to the novel is up, expect weekly updates of 20 pages until chapter 2 is finished.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume_1_Chapter2
Thanks Gabgrave

snip
Carnelian has some great art.

Last edited by monir; 2013-09-01 at 22:37. Reason: Link is R18
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:01   Link #300
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
Oh yes, she does. Her pixiv page is particularly amazing. She made renditions of hers of the Inner Senshi.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote