AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 13:51   Link #821
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^Actually wasn't he introduced and killed off in the same vol, as such I can't see him as a MC
But yeah I get the need to kill him off just to free the Durandal
But they kinda did it when they killed of Batran
Old 2012-11-24, 14:38   Link #822
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
^Actually wasn't he introduced and killed off in the same vol, as such I can't see him as a MC
But yeah I get the need to kill him off just to free the Durandal
But they kinda did it when they killed of Batran
I was really hoping for Roland to help Tigre further. But his murder came as unexpected. The author does have his style to grip the readers.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 15:10   Link #823
beginner magician

Main story is interesting.
but I'm more interested in other elements in novel
beginner magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 16:58   Link #824
chancs

finally finished reading the fifth volume
Old 2012-11-26, 01:17   Link #825
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
finally finished reading the fifth volume
Any favorite moments you wanna mention? XD
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 19:00   Link #826
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
i think you are right the army of brune is terrible but if you think that Ganelon and thenardian the two most powerfull nobles, was not planning to help since the begin i sure when the war starts they will withdraw their army .( i wont say why because is spoiler) but if you remove these two i think the army will decrease to 5k-10k max.
about the battle I believe that when Ganelon / thenardian removed his army he created a hole that allowed Ellen move Forward and win , at least that was the image I saw how the battle happened after discovering certain events explained in volumes 4-5

well her reason was to make a path connect alsace and her territory ,because the path the merchants from brune use is:
BRUNE- > Elizavete CITY-> osmultz (ludmira )-> MAIN CITY.
(remember that ellen's place and tigre's place is separated by only one mountain)
the path is expensive and they will need protection all the time it is extremely difficult to send troops to protect the road because they might think that it would be trespassing, so she would need the help of brune or conquest alsce.

well that's is simple all the vanadis are like half-allies they will only help the king not one another. (was comon in the past they only help the king or by the king order).
in ludmira case she was thinking the same as ellen's army in the begginer that ellen was fallen in love with tigre so was helping him,for her that have a high pride as vanadis help someone ,and someone from another country because she was in love, was unacceptable if you add that thenardian or ganelon use the conection with her and paid her to move all became clear.

here i think you are correct, the only thing that we need to know is that "madan no ou" is a light novel and tell a history from another world so the laws here can be used in some places not all, although I believe going to war snowing here is difficult / impossible, in "Madan no Ou to Vanadis " can be something normal / possible.

sorry for my horrible english however this is not my main language and i'm self learning .
sorry the name of the characters and cities (dont remember how to write them)
1) I think I have to disagree, Duke Thandier, if he was really planning an national defeat, he wouldn't put his son in the line of fire.(remember, Zaiden was the guy who was mocking Tigre's bow at the start).

Similarly, a whole "remove your army before the fight starts" is pretty difficult, since you would have to communicate to a lot of officers before the fight starts, and that could lead to....leaks.

2) I respect Ellen a lot more after reading V5 and her geopolitical plan. Picking up Tigre was just a icing on a cake-Approve meter +1

3) This make the Kingdom of Zctched a confederation, not a real kingdom. Since all 7 girls can redefine what is "national interest" on the fly. Given how paranoid the king is and not utlize his tools properly regarding the Vandris, I am getting an strong impression whoever was the original black dragon king, his line probably has ended. (And possible Tigre is the real bearer of the blood).

4) Yea, I know it is a lite novel....but wouldn't a summer battle be more interesting? The story would make a lot more sense-and I don't think snow played any real role in this war.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 22:07   Link #827
m4rc0s

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
1) I think I have to disagree, Duke Thandier, if he was really planning an national defeat, he wouldn't put his son in the line of fire.(remember, Zaiden was the guy who was mocking Tigre's bow at the start).
Similarly, a whole "remove your army before the fight starts" is pretty difficult, since you would have to communicate to a lot of officers before the fight starts, and that could lead to....leaks.
IF YOU DONT READ THE VOLUME 4-5 DONT READ THE TEXT BELOW BECAUSE HAVE SPOILER AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE SPOILER TAG

i not expressed my idea right maybe because i'm not so good to write in english(is terrible) but my goal was that Duke Thandier not removed his army before the fight in truth he let a hole in the army purposely to let the "assasin" kill the prince or something like that after you read the others "fights" you can see that the 25k army of brune fall too quick i was sure that was something wrong and after i read about the plan to kill the prince everything made sense ( maybe a little sense). and about his son i think was to make more believe because even the small nobles like tigre came so he put her son. after all he is one of the two most powerfull noble in brune so placing his son was more like "a must" to show to the king.

Quote:
2) I respect Ellen a lot more after reading V5 and her geopolitical plan. Picking up Tigre was just a icing on a cake-Approve meter +1
i always believed that Ellen had a plan after the scene where she asks Lim if she should conquer alsce

Quote:
3) This make the Kingdom of Zctched a confederation, not a real kingdom. Since all 7 girls can redefine what is "national interest" on the fly. Given how paranoid the king is and not utlize his tools properly regarding the Vandris, I am getting an strong impression whoever was the original black dragon king, his line probably has ended. (And possible Tigre is the real bearer of the blood).
but in truth if you think the reason ellen come back to talk about helping tigre to the king that's makes sense, for ellen "national interest" was helping tigre so if the king dont go against it she is right, if the king said "no" to her she would have to stop helping tigre. if you remember ellen was thinking in way to explain to the king that helping tigre was best for her and the nation, not because she was afraid of the king but because the king may tell her to stop and for any reason she won't stop i bet that all the other vanadis will go to war against her.
about the confederation thing maybe at the beggining Zctched was not but now is (unofficial) just think all these powerfull girls and a shithead king the only thing that prevents the girls dominate Zctched is that legend that Vanadis can not become king
is just that the king is afraid to command the girls so is best to let they do what they want .even kill each other because that will decrease the power they have and that is what the king want the most.
just think what is more powerfull a girl who has 10 years of history as Vanadis or one that have just 1 year?
i know that in this case if the vanadis is weak the kingdom become weak too but that was not the case with this king at least. ellen said that the current king is doing everything he can to downgrade the power of the vanadis because he is afraid.

about tigre be the real king, is good but is too cliche after all if you just read the first two volumes you can already figure that. so is best not to be him.

Quote:
4) Yea, I know it is a lite novel....but wouldn't a summer battle be more interesting? The story would make a lot more sense-and I don't think snow played any real role in this war.
i think the winter was perfect because even if they don't tell in the novel( i dont remember well maybe they even tell), i and others ,maybe, was thinking in all the difficulties of finding food,fuel ,weapons , armors etc in the winter so it build alot more drama to the battle . thoughts like if they dont go with all they have now the time will only made it more harder.

sorry for my horrible english however this is not my main language and i'm self learning .
sorry the name of the characters and cities (dont remember how to write them)

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2012-11-28 at 00:10.
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 22:24   Link #828
kazzuya13

Quote:
It is actually Ellen+Lim+Tieta vs Regin vs Mira Vs Who know which other Vandris decide to join the party.

Ellen claim him and been teasing Lim about "since you know about his body already", and suggested if Tieta want to be a mistress XD.

Alexandra is a maybe, since she is too sick to do anything to get into the story that might make sense, perhaps she will perish this winter?

Sophie seem to be the big sister type who wouldn't come to steal from Ellen.

Eva shouldn't show up...I hope.

Is Olga the scythe girl by default? If so, she might join the party ^_^
That is Valentina and not Olga.
By the way what is Kuko?
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 09:29   Link #829
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
That is Valentina and not Olga.
By the way what is Kuko?
I think what you are asking is Koku and not Kuko?

Anyways, Koku is two hours in our terms
Old 2012-11-27, 16:15   Link #830
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:

It was something I was annoyed with and didn't realize immediately. Sometimes the LN uses koku (刻) to refer to the specific 2 hour period, while other times (less frequently), from what I could tell, used 刻 to refer to time in general. Also, it's understandable you'd be confused, since the time definition was only given once or so, unlike alsin (1 m), belsta (1 km), and chet (10 cm) which were always explained in parenthesis afterwards.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 18:54   Link #831
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
It was something I was annoyed with and didn't realize immediately. Sometimes the LN uses koku (刻) to refer to the specific 2 hour period, while other times (less frequently), from what I could tell, used 刻 to refer to time in general. Also, it's understandable you'd be confused, since the time definition was only given once or so, unlike alsin (1 m), belsta (1 km), and chet (10 cm) which were always explained in parenthesis afterwards.
I thought that refer to 15 minutes, at least in chinese it is.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 08:28   Link #832
chancs

Quote:
I thought that refer to 15 minutes, at least in chinese it is.
This is mentioned in the first volume.

In the first chapter.
Old 2012-12-02, 16:30   Link #833
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Chapter 6 of manga is now up
seemed a bit fast-paced and rushed to me in the sense they wanna show the battle in two chapters
Old 2012-12-02, 21:06   Link #834
Insane
Banned

Quote:
seemed a bit fast-paced and rushed to me in the sense they wanna show the battle in two chapters
Yeah. The latest chapter just ain't doin' it for me. It feels kinda rushed and abrupt, as if the artist went "screw it, i'm done". Non LN-readers most probably will find themselves confused with the way this chapter going.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 00:23   Link #835
kazzuya13

Quote:

Good thing you explained I always though it meant days
Old 2012-12-03, 07:15   Link #836
chancs

Eeehhhhh!!!!!

Why are the Dukes mentioned as Princes!!!!

And how that dragon became so docile with that idiots pat

And that declaration at the end sounded just stupid.

(in manga)
Old 2012-12-03, 08:09   Link #837
kazzuya13

Quote:
Eeehhhhh!!!!!

(in manga)
Because they are already trained by that shady fortune teller.
Old 2012-12-03, 11:01   Link #838
Raxnom
気疲れ

Quote:
Eeehhhhh!!!!!

(in manga)
Well it's somewhat tricky because of Kanji. I haven't been studying Japanese for very long, however from my understanding "テナルディエ公爵" as writen in raws could mean either Prince;Duke Tenarudie(literal kata, dear god how do people translate the names in this story is beyond me), depends on context in this case Duke should be more appropriate, scans translator took Prince. Correct me if I'm wrong, because it is useful for me to understand if i made any mistakes. These few months that i've been studying the language have been more fun than any other language .

About manga chapter 6. It does kinda feel rushed, probably because artist wanted to start drawing more action, because ever since beginning it has been all talk and war action. The only action scenes have been chapter 1 and the assassin with crossbow.
Old 2012-12-03, 21:50   Link #839
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Didn't seem really fast to me. The previous 2-3 chapters didn't have much happening at all outside some character development. While I enjoyed that, it's probably time things started moving again.

On the chapter, while I'm not entire surprised at the general direction of where things are heading I do like it. This is pretty the only legitimately way Tigre would actually feel comfortable defecting from Brune. The people of Alsace won't have a problem with a territory of Zlichted considering current events.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 10:22   Link #840
willx
Nyaaan~~

So I was re-reading the scene in Vol 4 where Tigre and Mira are penned in, thoroughly exhausted and about to die.. And the Knights of Brune arrive and fight their way through to Tigre and bow before him, and he tears up and says: "..You came.."

Damn if I didn't start tearing up some manly tears while on the subway into work..

Reply hazy, through.. the sweat of my heart
willx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)