AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 16 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-05, 20:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament, volume 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past volume 16) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Release Date: August 10, 2016

TL;DR…
synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
cover image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 22:01   Link #2
DragonXX

The first bit of the preview is in english now and it seen that as long as Touma can touch it, it will be kill.

Touma also said something about this being outside the normal timeline, like seeing your life before your eye before you die but I think this 100% what happening now and there not in there normal timeline.

So it could be that Touma really is in a different timeline. But how he get there will be the question?

Also this whole prolodge sound like something from after The End of the World and they are fighting as the last of the human which evil monsters ruling the world.

How did everything go to Hell in one day because last we left off in NT15 we were on Dec.6 by it end.

Also does this mean we are getting timeline jumping and travel now?

Also how the Hell are people on the science side going to talk about Element because at this point anyone can see this is not science anymore.

What the Hell happen?

Last thing we saw in NT15 is that Crowley was going to start moving but now all order of AC have fell a part in one day. Isn't this Chaos enough that Crowley should do something to put a stop to it.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 23:13   Link #3
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
The first bit of the preview is in english now and it seen that as long as Touma can touch it, it will be kill.

Touma also said something about this being outside the normal timeline, like seeing your life before your eye before you die but I think this 100% what happening now and there not in there normal timeline.

So it could be that Touma really is in a different timeline. But how he get there will be the question?

Also this whole prolodge sound like something from after The End of the World and they are fighting as the last of the human which evil monsters ruling the world.

How did everything go to Hell in one day because last we left off in NT15 we were on Dec.6 by it end.

Also does this mean we are getting timeline jumping and travel now?

Also how the Hell are people on the science side going to talk about Element because at this point anyone can see this is not science anymore.

What the Hell happen?

Last thing we saw in NT15 is that Crowley was going to start moving but now all order of AC have fell a part in one day. Isn't this Chaos enough that Crowley should do something to put a stop to it.
To be answered at NT 16!!! Coming soon. But srsly? WTH is going on!!!!!
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 23:56   Link #4
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well... *insert profanity of choice here*

Good to know Kamachi is making us wait less and less to get to the core of the issue. Seriously. But wow, this is a new record. And wow, what the hell? The summary made it sound like your average Index incident, almost SS material, but this is some serious crap. Like, AC is already more damaged by this than anything that has come before, even Vento. And this IS magic, so is it Laura pulling out the big guns at last?

This is going to be one hell of a volume

Oh, and I wouldn't think too much about Touma's last lines in the prologue, though I would appreciate a flashback, because seriously, saying this escalated quickly is putting it mildly.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 00:33   Link #5
Keila

Prior to this event, do Touma's classmates actually know about imagine breaker?

I mean, his class is full of level zero's (effectively powerless), how did it get to the stage where he has to confront the threat head on while his class provides 'covering fire'? Was he the sacrificial penguin that had to jump into the water first or did some other crazy event happen.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 00:33   Link #6
Wandering Soul

So apparently the Elements have multiple levels, can shift levels, can have their attacks negated by IB, and can use a element when they fight.

Definitely need a flashback as to how things got like this.
Old 2016-08-06, 00:54   Link #7
entei08

Moved to actual thread

Quote:
Also does this mean we are getting timeline jumping and travel now.

What the Hell happen?

The timeline jumping thing is most likely Touma waking up in a hospital, judging from the second illustration. He was out for three days, the prologue is just a dream/flashback.

They can always just chalk it up to external ESP organizations attacking AC, just like how they justified Vento's attack. Archetype Controller has a real handle on things. Don't forget it basically means Alesiter can define science however he wants.

Pretty sure some people have made the connection but I just forgot who it was, but could the Element monsters be coming from the Imaginary Number District? Seeing how IB can destroy them outright, they can also appear and disappear like Kazakiri. There should be a reason Five Elements Institution was tagged on the end of Imaginary Number District after all.

If this prediction is correct, then the monsters are let out by Aleister himself.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 01:09   Link #8
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So why is he acting so self-destructive then? Remember that he dove through the realm of the Magic Gods and made a slaughter that cost him burns throughout his body, then he apparently took sides when AAA fell in the hands of Mikoto.

Is this a tantrum performed by someone who doesn't want to be as perfect as the Magic Gods?

No wonder why Laura has decided to just watch. Aleister is capable of destroying the Science Side on his own.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 02:01   Link #9
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Once again, Kamachi's plot twist has defeated mine by a huge margin. I'm losing my ego here...

Still, that reason for writing about girls in bikini is the most unique premise I've ever seen.
Old 2016-08-06, 03:15   Link #10
Ladiusman

Haven't been around these parts lately, but man, this is some Twlight Zone shit, as this pretty much the plot of " The Midnight Sun". Though the whole heatwave thing turned out to be a dream at the end...only to reveal that the "real world" is entering a just as bad ice age. In that case, I wonder...
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 04:38   Link #11
LazyHunter

I didn't expect the novel to start in the middle of the incident like this. The heatwave is worse than I thought. Pretty much every group in Academy City is on its own, and the ground is filled with the monster called Elements, who come in various shapes and sizes and even have powers.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 05:51   Link #12
The One Above God
Kamijou

Okay, what the hell was that? I was expecting some gag-filled beginning and what I got was a high tension start that further escalated when the wire snapped. I can't wait to see how everything turned to shit just like that.
Also hoping for some Fukiyose development.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 06:49   Link #13
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Okay, what the hell was that? I was expecting some gag-filled beginning and what I got was a high tension start that further escalated when the wire snapped. I can't wait to see how everything turned to shit just like that.
Also hoping for some Fukiyose development.
I am sorry, sensei. I have failed to defeat Kamachi's twist.

Jokes aside, what if these mantis are aliens who are angry at Othinus for destroying their universe. Maybe they're the Anti-Spiral race lol.
Old 2016-08-06, 17:25   Link #14
DragonXX

The preview is now done in english.

We have not even get to Tokiwadai yet and we are on pg 81. I want to know how Touma will get to Tokiwadai. Will it happen after the current event which the water is solve or will Touma be tooking to Tokiwadai after something go wrong which this plan to get mud.

Touma is worry about Mikoto is funny because she is a electromaster which mean she alone can power all the things that need power. If anything Tokiwadai is most likey the place least like post-apocalyptic world because AC would most likey be doing what ever they can to keep Tokiwadai and School Garden safe well everywhere else will be post-apocalyptic. If anything most likey they will be attack by the people of AC that are left to die in the heat and to the Element.

I still want to know where pg 31-39 is in the preview because we went to pg 40 right after pg 30?
We are already about 1/5 of the way done the book by pg 81. Which a preview this big, it make me think that this will be a 2-parter or 3-parter.

Touma really does not like Kamisato because the first person he think of in causing this problem is Kamisato.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 17:54   Link #15
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Touma is worry about Mikoto is funny because she is a electromaster which mean she alone can power all the things that need power. If anything Tokiwadai is most likey the place least like post-apocalyptic world because AC would most likey be doing what ever they can to keep Tokiwadai and School Garden safe well everywhere else will be post-apocalyptic. If anything most likey they will be attack by the people of AC that are left to die in the heat and to the Element.
To be fair, such heat is straight up ruining electronics, and Mikoto's powers can't help with that. She's also in a swimsuit for a reason, and it ain't just service.

Quote:
Touma really does not like Kamisato because the first person he think of in causing this problem is Kamisato.
He did try to kill him last volume Sure, we know he's trying to get his hand back from Yuiitsu, but Touma doesn't know that. That said, can he even move with this heat, even with the haremettes helping? Maybe Salome could, since most of her body is artificial.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 23:22   Link #16
entei08

I'm still not sure if Salome got retrieved by Kamisato, I was sure Touma will pick her up and we can get some Mimir gag going between her and Othinus, maybe she can move as a head like Disk in Needless.

Othinus taking care of Sphinx is gold.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 06:17   Link #17
LazyHunter

Nice to see more scenes with Fukiyose and Kumokawa. People are already getting a bit desperate, so Mie's plan might be the best choice to get the school to accept Touma and his school. Index & Othinus' scene was cute. It's also good to see that the Jumpy Bunny is okay.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 06:23   Link #18
The One Above God
Kamijou

I'm liking the moments with Fukiyose. Too bad there probably won't be much more since Touma would have to go out on a mission that I'd assume won't go very smoothly. Also, I like how it feels tense, to me at least, even during banters. Really drives in the idea that things have gone to shit.

Othinus becoming Sphyx's caretaker is kinda cute. She's finally on top of the beast but not in the way she wants . Her wearing a bikini feels weird though considering she's always practically naked. Shouldn't she just stay in her normal attire minus the cape?

Btw, Akikawa Mie as the shadow leader confirmed .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 07:03   Link #19
Keila

Chapter 1

Seems like Kamijou discovered something about Kumokawa senpai
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 02:05   Link #20
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

You don't think this book is actually super long.