AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-31, 22:14   Link #361
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Kazuki with anther skill flying that ship like a pro for her first time and now what is Anna up to now
Old 2013-10-31, 22:17   Link #362
Tranhieu

Screw logic! It's all about having fun and this show delivers that just well

Illogical as it is, I still look forward to the rest of this adventure. At least the girls are cute so I won't be bored.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 00:12   Link #363
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Seriously anime doesn't need logic as long as it delivers. For me it delivered plenty and probably in my eye the most enjoyable one this season. It handles humour, action and character interaction in equal measure, I cannot fault for its goofiness that runs in the anime. Not one character feels obnoxious and that helps the enjoyment even further. I didn't expect Kazuki to take center stage so soon in the episode. I thought it would be gradual change.
Old 2013-11-01, 00:42   Link #364
RobotCat
In a Box

So the Ganymede likes to penetrate from behind huh?

Also, I feel like the 3 sisters are definitely superhuman. There's no way any normal human could have made the jump that Hazuki and Hozuki made, and a normal human would have splattered from a fall like what Hozuki went through.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 09:33   Link #365
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
To a large degree, Galilei Donna is about a bunch of colorful characters going on a silly but larger-than-life adventure together. The quirkiness and goofiness is actually part of its charm, because it contributes to that "zany adventure!" feel. It's very Disney-esque.

It's not for everybody, of course, but it does mean that it's not best to evaluate the show the way one would a more grounded sci-fi tale. The goldfish mecha in Episode 1 is a tip-off that this show would have a child-like imagination to in.

As long as Galilei Donna's core characters are generally likable and fun to watch, this show will also be fun to watch. Thankfully, that is the case so far, at least for me.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:58   Link #366
bastek66

Christ, this episode was retarded. No wonder it's droping everywhere.
Old 2013-11-01, 11:03   Link #367
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It's not like Umetsu has done ridiculously implausible scenes before!

Old 2013-11-01, 11:16   Link #368
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It's not like Umetsu has done ridiculously implausible scenes before!

Spoiler:
lol Mezzo Forte had some scenes that aren't particularly any better.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 12:39   Link #369
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
christ, this episode was retarded. No wonder it's droping everywhere.
Hey did you know that Galileo fused adamantium plates to his skull, neck, and spinal cord through self-surgery to make himself virtually indestructible?

As expected of Galileo's descendants.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 13:04   Link #370
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To a large degree, Galilei Donna is about a bunch of colorful characters going on a silly but larger-than-life adventure together. The quirkiness and goofiness is actually part of its charm, because it contributes to that "zany adventure!" feel. It's very Disney-esque.
Being that it's so silly, I could have done without a little girl falling from a building. Even if she got better.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 13:07   Link #371
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't mind the fact that the little girl fell. It's more the fact that it seemed to result in nothing more than fever that caught me off.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 13:38   Link #372
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Being that it's so silly, I could have done without a little girl falling from a building. Even if she got better.
They made the fall look rather severe (especially since she landed head-first, and then bounced about a lot). That might have been a mistake, yeah.

That, and what Haak said - Making it look more like a fever than a concussion.
Old 2013-11-01, 17:35   Link #373
Tenzen12

One doesn't get fever just from fall, but it can be result of fractures or inner bleeding. And considering that mini doctor can do operations, such injuries are not unplasuble. Only thing we could confirm is she doesn't have open fractures.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 17:44   Link #374
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And that it was apparently alright to move her (without even a cast) shortly after. Of course, it could be due to the sci-fi doctor...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 18:07   Link #375
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

It's not for everybody, of course, but it does mean that it's not best to evaluate the show the way one would a more grounded sci-fi tale. The goldfish mecha in Episode 1 is a tip-off that this show would have a child-like imagination to in.

As long as Galilei Donna's core characters are generally likable and fun to watch, this show will also be fun to watch. Thankfully, that is the case so far, at least for me.
Sort of, but it doesn't seem silly in a very audacious way. I rarely that surprised by the series, with the exception of the initial reveal of the goldfish mecha (also the names in this series. Herman Hans....really?).

Plus, the bit where she fell was something of a radical tone shift. Also, I don't really think I could ever define whiney annoying one as "Silly". She's silly in the same way that overly angsty teenagers always seem to be silly, but thse's not over the top or anything.

Also I think it would be hard to call any series with as radical a tone shift as the scene where she falls to her (if this weren't completely dumb) demise.
Old 2013-11-01, 18:20   Link #376
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And that it was apparently alright to move her (without even a cast) shortly after. Of course, it could be due to the sci-fi doctor...
Neither of girls showed even sign of knowing basic first aid. It doesn't mnetter whether it was correct thing to do or not, only that they did that.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 18:31   Link #377
alunde
osananajimi

I am beginning to think this is a spin-off of the Hetrodyne universe, where Europe is destined to be ruled by Mad Science.

We are getting deus ex machina plot devices fairly frequently, and the whole quest they are on doesn't make any sense to me.

What message could have value after several hundred years?

A pirate treasure map? The meaning of life? The hideout of the Illuminati?

This seems to have little to do with Galileo's known life and achievements in physics and astronomy. It's more like the author has this fantasy of what science and genius are like, and is using Galileo as a canvas to draw on.

Galileo wasn't just a lone genius, he was speaking in his published works to a community of scholars, some of whom entertained similar ideas.

This was an era when astrology was still mixed up with astronomy, and chemistry with alchemy.

Galileo's strength was in observing the world as it was, without being all bound up by previous ideas.

In a larger sense, this story line represents the fallacy of individual effort which seems common in anime/manga: the idea that one individual can do anything with sufficient effort.

The depictions of science or engineering in anime are rarely realistic. The actual space programs which have put men and women into orbit have been tremendous team efforts, and they have not culminated in a single flight but in a whole range of activity.

The Manhattan project, which created the first nuclear weapons, involved the action of not one mad genius, but thousands of people, dozens of distinguished scientists (past and future Nobel prize winners), and considerable industrial resources. Einstein, while he was involved in drawing attention the the possibility of nuclear weapons, was never involved in their development.

Peter Higgs, who predicted the Higgs Boson was a visionary theorist, but it took almost 50 years and international efforts to confirm that theory. "Big Science" is the reality of our time, rather than lone genius.

Galileo, Kepler, Newton were outstanding figures in their times, but they were also part of a community of what would become the natural sciences.

Last edited by alunde; 2013-11-02 at 07:12. Reason: adding some related ideas: science vs mad science
alunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 17:38   Link #378
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Calling it now: Hozuki is a robot. No way does anyone fall headfirst from a tall building onto a pile of metal and live to tell the tale, let alone not break any bones or even bleed. Apparently, a bad case of tetanus is all she got from it. Must've been all the rust on those old cars...

Suspension of disbelief on this and other conveniences aside, I still find this show entertaining. Anna is looking mighty suspicious there, with her searching those bed bunks. What does she want with those relics anyway, and why isn't anyone questioning why she seems to know so much?
Old 2013-11-03, 22:32   Link #379
FateAnomaly

My theory is that the so called descendants of galileo are not actually his descendants but modified humans who are designed to be superhumans.

I suspected Anna to be a spy from her first interaction with Hozuki so no surprise there really.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 11:29   Link #380
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, sci-fi, unintentional comedy