AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-30, 13:27   Link #1
DarkDooM

Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukukan

Original Title: 人狼への転生、魔王の副官
Alternative Title: Transmigration to a Werewolf, the Demon Lord’s Camp / Der Werwolf / The Werewolf
Author: Hyougetsu (漂月)
Illustrator: NISHIEDA (西E田)
Web Novel: Link
Publisher: Link

Spoiler for Illustrations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
Reincarnated to a werewolf magician, the Protagonist Vyett was instated as the vice head of the Demon Lord’s third brigade force.

Occupying a remote market town, he was entrusted to management and defense.

As a former human, born a monster, I can understand the sentiments of both sides well enough. Because of that, those around seem to think I’m a man of wisdom, or something of the like, but it’s really just one trouble after the next.

I have to follow those monsters that are overly quick to resort to violence, and do something about the humans, who start to complain immediately. So today as well, I’ll do my best at managing the Demon Lord’s main force.

Last edited by DarkDooM; 2019-08-30 at 07:21.
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 13:32   Link #2
sasoras

So basically city management?
Old 2016-02-22, 05:00   Link #3
J4n1

Loving the concept, and what google translator tells me, writing is also decent (atleast early few chapters).

Hope someone will decide to translate this.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 08:16   Link #4
DarkDooM

It seems like this one has received a manga adaptation. First raw chapter is already out.
Old 2016-03-15, 10:31   Link #5
zztop

Nishieda draws some pretty good hentai manga; good to see his artstyle elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post

Spoiler for Illustrations:
A few questions:
1) What's the story and MC's personality like?
1) Who are the characters in the 2nd illustration?
2)Whereabouts are they in the 3rd map? What's their world like?
3) Is the MC OP, any romance, any snusnu, and so forth.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 10:59   Link #6
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
A few questions:
1) What's the story and MC's personality like?
1) Who are the characters in the 2nd illustration?
2)Whereabouts are they in the 3rd map? What's their world like?
3) Is the MC OP, any romance, any snusnu, and so forth.
1) The story is basically demons and humans beginning to understand each other, but there's a lot of actual battles and political battles.
The MC's personality is fairly likable. He has a strong tendency to underrate himself greatly, and will often play the villain role when he's actually a nice guy. For example, he plays the big bad when he first meets the main(?) heroine and has to prevent her from committing suicide because it may have been too effective. He also has a tendency of being reckless at times, which he blames on being a werewolf (it isn't). Due to this, his pack have what they call Weidt Duty, which is keeping on eye on him to make sure he doesn't run off and do something again. They have an iffy success rate.
He's also fairly blunt and easily misunderstood by others (as in they think him eating before a battle is because he has nerves of steel, but it's actually just because his magic consumes nutrients and stuff like crazy).
He's overall smart and a good strategist, but like his mentor, is a big softy.

2) The loli is his mentor, an extremely old little girl and master necromancer who dabbles in other forms of magic. She's actually shy of strangers, scared of humans in general (she herself being a former human, now a who-even-knows), and generally doesn't like seeing anyone in pain at all. A big softy.
The woman with long nails on the left is a vampire and his senior apprentice as a mage.
Black hair man being the protagonist.
The blonde is the human governor of the town he occupies and kind of? the main heroine.
The rest (excluding the dog, who isn't even a specific character) are werewolves, basically family to him as well as his "pack".
The redhead twins are two idiot, meathead brothers who constantly get in trouble.
The muttonchops is his best friend and a blacksmith. He will actually support the protagonist in his reckless behavior if it isn't too bad.
The old man is kind of like his combat mentor.
The woman with her eyes closed is the best werewolf for covert action.
The last woman being a "wild onee-san" that actively tries to be the onee-san to all the werewolves. As a fun thing to note, the protagonist asked her to marry him when he was a wee lad and I believe she said yes (could have been humoring him). He never tried to follow up on it.

3) The story takes place all over the place, with the current chapters not even being on that map. The world has demons and humans in general, and different kind of demon races among that.
The city most often visited is the bottom middle-left city (リューンハイト), with most the setting being the southern cities in general.

4) He's a werewolf that can use magic (unheard of), but it's only strengthening magic for the most part. He's OP already as a werewolf but he himself is extraordinarily strong even among werewolf despite him constantly underrating himself.
There's no romance, but several of the girls do seem to have a thing for the protagonist. The protagonist himself is always too busy with city and army management to pursue romance, according to him. The women is this series don't have the usual obvious tells for if they actually like the protagonist (as a love interest and not just respect), so it's hard to tell who's actually in love with him or not. No one's at least seriously made a pass at the protagonist.
So no, no snusnu. There is a lot of candidates for potential romance, however.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 11:38   Link #7
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
1) The story is basically demons and humans beginning to understand each other, but there's a lot of actual battles and political battles.
The MC's personality is fairly likable. He has a strong tendency to underrate himself greatly, and will often play the villain role when he's actually a nice guy. For example, he plays the big bad when he first meets the main(?) heroine and has to prevent her from committing suicide because it may have been too effective. He also has a tendency of being reckless at times, which he blames on being a werewolf (it isn't). Due to this, his pack have what they call Weidt Duty, which is keeping on eye on him to make sure he doesn't run off and do something again. They have an iffy success rate.
He's also fairly blunt and easily misunderstood by others (as in they think him eating before a battle is because he has nerves of steel, but it's actually just because his magic consumes nutrients and stuff like crazy).
He's overall smart and a good strategist, but like his mentor, is a big softy.

2) The loli is his mentor, an extremely old little girl and master necromancer who dabbles in other forms of magic. She's actually shy of strangers, scared of humans in general (she herself being a former human, now a who-even-knows), and generally doesn't like seeing anyone in pain at all. A big softy.
The woman with long nails on the left is a vampire and his senior apprentice as a mage.
Black hair man being the protagonist.
The blonde is the human governor of the town he occupies and kind of? the main heroine.
The rest (excluding the dog, who isn't even a specific character) are werewolves, basically family to him as well as his "pack".
The redhead twins are two idiot, meathead brothers who constantly get in trouble.
The muttonchops is his best friend and a blacksmith. He will actually support the protagonist in his reckless behavior if it isn't too bad.
The old man is kind of like his combat mentor.
The woman with her eyes closed is the best werewolf for covert action.
The last woman being a "wild onee-san" that actively tries to be the onee-san to all the werewolves. As a fun thing to note, the protagonist asked her to marry him when he was a wee lad and I believe she said yes (could have been humoring him). He never tried to follow up on it.

3) The story takes place all over the place, with the current chapters not even being on that map. The world has demons and humans in general, and different kind of demon races among that.
The city most often visited is the bottom middle-left city (リューンハイト), with most the setting being the southern cities in general.

4) He's a werewolf that can use magic (unheard of), but it's only strengthening magic for the most part. He's OP already as a werewolf but he himself is extraordinarily strong even among werewolf despite him constantly underrating himself.
There's no romance, but several of the girls do seem to have a thing for the protagonist. The protagonist himself is always too busy with city and army management to pursue romance, according to him. The women is this series don't have the usual obvious tells for if they actually like the protagonist (as a love interest and not just respect), so it's hard to tell who's actually in love with him or not. No one's at least seriously made a pass at the protagonist.
So no, no snusnu. There is a lot of candidates for potential romance, however.
Very interesting!

Just some followup questions:
1) You mentioned the dog isn't a specific character. Does that make the dog from some kind of demon race?
2) What kind of demon races are there?
3) What is the Demon Lord like? Human-like, monster-like, ruthless, etc.?
Old 2016-03-15, 11:46   Link #8
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Very interesting!

Just some followup questions:
1) You mentioned the dog isn't a specific character. Does that make the dog from some kind of demon race?
2) What kind of demon races are there?
3) What is the Demon Lord like? Human-like, monster-like, ruthless, etc.?
1) Yes, they're a fellow canine demon race. They're like dwarves in the sense that they like crafting, except they're super friendly and super bad fighters.
2) Vampires, werewolves, centaur, ogres, giants, mermaids, goblins, dragonkin (lizardmen), etc. The only ones that really appear and do anything are the dragonkin, centaur and werewolves.
3) He's on the second cover, so that's what he looks like. Find it yourself; I'm too lazy to do linky things.
He's actually very humane but also likes a good fight. The only reason he became demon lord was because humans were gradually decreasing the land available to demons. He's also best friends with the protagonist's mentor.
He spends most of his time doing desk work basically, though. He also likes mispronouncing the protagonist's name.
Has an older, veteran general feel to him.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 11:51   Link #9
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
1) Yes, they're a fellow canine demon race. They're like dwarves in the sense that they like crafting, except they're super friendly and super bad fighters.
2) Vampires, werewolves, centaur, ogres, giants, mermaids, goblins, dragonkin (lizardmen), etc. The only ones that really appear and do anything are the dragonkin, centaur and werewolves.
3) He's on the second cover, so that's what he looks like. Find it yourself; I'm too lazy to do linky things.
He's actually very humane but also likes a good fight. The only reason he became demon lord was because humans were gradually decreasing the land available to demons. He's also best friends with the protagonist's mentor.
He spends most of his time doing desk work basically, though. He also likes mispronouncing the protagonist's name.
Has an older, veteran general feel to him.
This red-skinned fellow's the demon lord, yes?

And thanks again!!
Old 2016-03-16, 00:16   Link #10
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I should also add this about the MC. Despite he is a kind hearted softy, that does not stops him from doing what needs to be done. He kills when he needs to kill, and he cheats when he has to cheat, no typical stupid decisions from the average nice guy main character.
Sometimes I even feel like he enjoys being the villain. I am pretty convinced he is enjoying his conspiracy with Cardinal Turaya in the recent chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Loving the concept, and what google translator tells me, writing is also decent (atleast early few chapters).

Hope someone will decide to translate this.
I can promise you it stays that way.
It concentrates on telling the story and does not detract into elsewhere.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 08:16   Link #11
SineMora
Wait for it...

Watch out isekai and tensei novels out there... We have an underdog which is actually the alpha of the pack.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 12:58   Link #12
J4n1

This is sounding better and better.
Concept is interesting, characters sound likeable and engaging, and it seems to avoid the issue with many MC's who are either spineless weaklings or complete assholes.
Old 2016-10-27, 15:53   Link #13
moneng85
(´・ω・`)

saigo translation group have been translating this up to chapter 33 by now for those who are interested
edit: can anyone tell me the upcoming events of this novel?
moneng85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 16:13   Link #14
moneng85
(´・ω・`)

Spoiler for illustrations:
moneng85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 12:48   Link #15
J4n1

This is a story very deserving of translation.
Loving the first 33 chapters so far.
Old 2016-10-28, 13:20   Link #16
Tenzen12

Well I had more fun than reading first three volumes of Mushoku Tensei. Take it as you wish.

It has some flaws, but it's decent past time. I hope we will get more if Fan, the real heroine of story.
Old 2016-10-30, 10:43   Link #17
zztop

Considering the source webnovel is currently updated every 1-3 days, I hope the author can still maintain the quality of writing and plot going forward.

Checked out the manga. One major change I noticed in the artwork is how it depicts the redheaded brothers. LN illustrations show they are quite identical in appearance, but in the manga one brother looks much younger and boyish.

Last edited by zztop; 2016-10-30 at 11:39.
Old 2016-11-18, 18:44   Link #18
DarkDooM

I tried reading some of the latest WN chapters with MTL and

Spoiler:
Old 2016-11-18, 19:57   Link #19
Tenzen12

With whom?
Old 2016-11-19, 08:29   Link #20
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post