AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-21, 01:08   Link #21
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Man is it awesome that shaft has its own label now. Now I can follow all of their wonderful works (and continuously hijaX reference material for I Am Negima!?)!

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 12:43   Link #22
sirn
田舎者言うな

Fifth illustration, and the last in Bakemonogatari books. I wonder who'll be next: a loli vampire who loves Mister Donuts or one of the only two male characters...
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 21:41   Link #23
sirn
田舎者言うな

Sorry for double post, look what I found before going to bed: Bakemonogatari PV1 and the sixth illustration.

Updated Staff List

Director: Shinbou Akiyuki
Series Composition: Tou Fuyashi
(Anagram of SHAFT in Japanese, also used for Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)
Character Design: Watanabe Akio
Series Director: Oishi Tatsuya
(Opening director for Pani Poni, Sayonara Zetsubou Seisei, Maria Holic openings, also the first episode of Hidamari Sketch x365)
Visual Director: Takeuchi Nobuyuki
(In charge of all visual settings for Moon Phase and Maria Holic)
Music: Kousaki Satoru
(Produced Haruhi songs such as God knows, Lost my music and most of Lucky Star songs including Motteke Sailor Fuku.)
Music Director: Tsuruoka Youta
(Served as Music Director for all KyoAni's series, also ef)
Art Director: Iijima Toshiharu
(Art director for Natsu no Sora, Maria Holic and Hidamari Sketch)
Animation Production: SHAFT

Other than that, drama CD is also announced to be release May, 2009, the script will be newly written by Nisio Isin. Also, will be the first time they reveal the casts for the show.
Old 2009-03-18, 04:27   Link #24
Woland
Latin Rascal

The promo look good (and twisted, ala SZS); to bad it's not really an horror anime, but I'm looking forward to Shinbo and Watanabe reunion.

Edit: Whoa! Oishi is directing this? It's gonna be crazy! XD

Last edited by Woland; 2009-03-18 at 04:47.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 07:37   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Music: Kousaki Satoru
(Produced Haruhi songs such as God knows, Lost my music and most of Lucky Star songs including Motteke Sailor Fuku.)
You're forgetting to mention that he worked on the scores for Haruhi, Lucky Star and Kannagi.
Old 2009-03-18, 07:43   Link #26
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Whoa there, Kousaki on this? While I don't rank his stuff very high for standalone listening, they most of the time work perfectly on the shows themselves.

Couple it with the rest of the staff plus the beautiful illustrations that we've been presented and I'm really looking forward to this now '-'.
Old 2009-03-18, 13:48   Link #27
kyouray
2D > 3D

The sixth illustration is pretty nice
Old 2009-03-21, 11:09   Link #28
sirn
田舎者言うな

From someone who've got their hands on that Maker Intersection: New Anime Guidebook thing, seems like the propaganda for Bakemonogatari will have a take on Obama presidential campaign-style.

Er, I don't even know what that supposed to mean. Bakemonogatari will hijack the FMA's 17:00 timeslot for one episode, or something like that?
Old 2009-04-27, 01:11   Link #29
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Following the NisiOisiN Anime Project site, it's now revealed that this series will be premiere on July 2009. Months of waiting again...
At least for me I know I will have 2 months of business due to holiday stuff. So might as well I keep myself busy before knowing "Oh, it's aired!"

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 11:31   Link #30
Craymel

That preview on their site looks great and so does the art. Hopefully they keep that bold vivid style within the animation. On my must watch list right now.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:22   Link #31
sirn
田舎者言うな

Araragi Koyomi's (the main character) illustration from NewType 2009 June, image source is Earlbox's.

Coincident...? If Nakamura Yuuichi voices him too, it'd be perfect.

Spoiler for Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei #3:

Edited:
Araragi Koyomi's illustration in official website. More related goods...

- 2009/06/10 Nisemonogatari 2 (Bakemonogatari's final chapter) will reveal cast informations.
- 2009/06/22 Bakemonogatari Official Guidebook
- 2009/06/29 Hyakumonogatari Drama CD

Last edited by sirn; 2009-05-07 at 12:12.
Old 2009-05-10, 19:54   Link #32
solomon

Has anyone read the books so they can provide a nutshell of the vibes the story gives off. I haven't seen Tsukiyomi but most of SHinbou's stuff seems to be straight comedy.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 03:46   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Here's Andrew Cunningham's write up from a few years ago, he's been pimping this series non-stop on another forum since it got announced. Really looking forward to this, especially since it seems SHAFT won't fuck around with it going by some interviews posted on "sirn's" blog.

http://easternstandard.pbworks.com/Bakemonogatari
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 08:39   Link #34
sirn
田舎者言うな

For the story, it's as Andrew Cunningham's write up. The plot and settings sounds like generic light novel with a lot fo filler conversations, but in the end those meaningless conversations ended up being served as story foreshadowing. Sometimes it even feels like everything in the whole chapter, conversations, narration, action or whatsoever exists for the very one line at the end.

I won't go as far as saying "SHAFT won't fuck around with it" because it's SHAFT and everyone knows they'll manage to betray the expectations in some way or another, especially when Shinbo said in his Charamel column that:

Quote:
My challenge is how far will we follow the usual visual methodology, and how far will we tear them down. I have this feeling that nowadays manga are a bit hard to read but for people of this generation, they may not feel like that. [...] A kind [methodology] that you can tell this work is originated from light novels.
…and in the latest volume of NewType Magazine:

Quote:
The reason we've asked Tatsuya Oishi to be the series director this time because his typographic skills will have to play a big part to the series. His sense towards typography isn't something you could normally see in the anime, if we apply that to the light novel-based anime, what would come out as a result?
Looks like it's a big bet between "hit" or "fail" to me. They'll still playing around as usual, but in directional sense, which I hope we can expect something new especially when Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, that Bakemonogatari could based the directional style off, is aired in the same season.

Well, I think we can put expectations on it… at least Nisio Isin who says the series is not suitable for an anime adaption seems to be pleased with the storyboard when the production staffs showed it to him. They even tried to recruit good animators purposely to work on the series.
Old 2009-05-12, 11:47   Link #35
solomon

Good animators combined with Shinbo stying, looks like its worth a shot
Old 2009-05-16, 03:14   Link #36
solomon

Does anybody know what the difference between "director" and "series director" is? Director Shinbou seems to have one on staff for every show he helms.
Old 2009-05-16, 11:05   Link #37
sirn
田舎者言うな

Looks like the dubbing for the drama CD and the first episode has already started, they've used roughly 9 hours in the studio for this two recordings alone. (Isn't it a bit late than usual, starting at this time?) The official site will update on June 10 with a lot of new information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Does anybody know what the difference between "director" and "series director" is? Director Shinbou seems to have one on staff for every show he helms.
From what I understand, Shinbo's primary job is to "fix" the storyboards and control overall direction of the series. He then leaves detailed direction to the assistant director, including passing his order to other staffs. Most assistant directors (except MoonPhase's Suzuki Toshimasa) have commented about this in this month's NewType and they all are saying he's very strict when it comes to visual aspect.

Another confusing title is "Visual Director" (which is Takeuchi Nobuyuki's exclusive seat) is for designing visual settings for the series, like MoonPhase's Marumi-dō or Maria Holic's student dorm. Shinbo said 80% of Shaft's anime settings are his job.
Old 2009-05-16, 16:23   Link #38
solomon

Quote:
Looks like the dubbing for the drama CD and the first episode has already started, they've used roughly 9 hours in the studio for this two recordings alone. (Isn't it a bit late than usual, starting at this time?) The official site will update on June 10 with a lot of new information.

From what I understand, Shinbo's primary job is to "fix" the storyboards and control overall direction of the series. He then leaves detailed direction to the assistant director, including passing his order to other staffs. Most assistant directors (except MoonPhase's Suzuki Toshimasa) have commented about this in this month's NewType and they all are saying he's very strict when it comes to visual aspect.

Another confusing title is "Visual Director" (which is Takeuchi Nobuyuki's exclusive seat) is for designing visual settings for the series, like MoonPhase's Marumi-dō or Maria Holic's student dorm. Shinbo said 80% of Shaft's anime settings are his job.
Hmm so over all his style is more dictator like huh? I guess they use the assistant and series director to help delegate very specific tasks that Shinbou outlines.
Old 2009-05-17, 14:23   Link #39
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I think I read somewhere that the series director plans out how to split the episodes and the overall plot flow and such.

... oh it looks like this is my first post in this topic, although I've been following it for quite a while. Anyway, looking forward to this series. ^^
Old 2009-05-27, 17:47   Link #40
sirn
田舎者言うな

Fujiwara Keiji (Gundam 00's Ali Al-Saachez) and Asumi Kana (Hidamari Sketch's Yuno) said in the latest Ani-Com Radio that they've done a recording for "something they can't disclose yet, but will do in June."

For some reason, I believe they're talking about Bakemonogatari since it is the only Aniplex's show scheduled for July and have yet to announce the voice actors for the show.

My speculation:
Oshino Meme - Fujiwara Keiji
Sengoku Nadeko - Asumi Kana

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural