AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 22:16   Link #41
cosplayer nation

Greetings, we Cosplayer Nation (a nationwide documentary project) were fortunate enough to see REDLINE at Tokyo in Tulsa this year (2011).

Wanted to share this with everyone from our youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao1VsRWZ670

And please subscribe if you enjoy what you see : )

channel ---> www.youtube.com/CosplayerNationTV
cosplayer nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 00:35   Link #42
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

There should be a game for this
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 17:44   Link #43
Dop
Mmmm....

Well that was all a bit mad. Yeah, the plot was spread a little thin, but it wasn't really something you watch for the story, more for the mad visuals and the OTT action.

It's a real 'take your brain off the hook and give your eyes a feast' movie.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 20:32   Link #44
GreatTeacherKen

Now this was a fun movie!

The animation in both the non-action and action scenes is some of the best I've seen in any anime movie and fits the over the top nature of the movie and its universe quite well. Those seven years of development really paid off. And the titular race was definitely worth the wait.

I don't consider the simple storyline to be a problem and I don't think it needs to be more complicated, it's just a straightforward fun movie with incredible animation, action, great soundtrack, and amusing characters and I think I'll still find the movie fun on repeat viewings.

The ending does feel a bit abrupt though, I kind of wanted to see a little bit of the consequences of the Redline race on the Roboworld and maybe have a scene where some interviewers hound JP and Sonoshee over their relationship; I would think 2 racers who technically are supposed to be competing against each other suddenly working together and kissing upon winning the race would raise a lot of questions.

Well, actually this movie is more than just a fun experiences; it did teach me an important life lesson.

Pompadours are useful in a race.

9/10

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2011-09-01 at 20:42.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 03:45   Link #45
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

This was an excellent racing film. It had orgasmic action, entertaining directing, simple yet charming characters, well-placed music, and some of the best and most inspired animation I've ever been lucky enough to witness.

Bravo, Koike Takeshi. Bravo, Madhouse. Bravo, everyone who worked to make this dazzling spectacle a reality.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 23:57   Link #46
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

God i love this show the animation is nice i wish there was some build up of the romance though like him telling her why he started racing aprt from that it was a awesome movie with well matching music

and heres a sig

Old 2011-09-10, 03:45   Link #47
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
God i love this show the animation is nice i wish there was some build up of the romance though like him telling her why he started racing aprt from that it was a awesome movie with well matching music

and heres a sig

I think she remembered it all. Just that the movie never went into her perspective. But she remembered it piece by piece through the movie but especially after the new bulletin on JP, she quite clearly remembered it all.

Nice Sig btw.

This movie is right up there among the very best movies I have ever seen and it doesn't need any more plot etc. whatever. It's perfect as is imho. I only hope it gets enough support to ensure people don't get discouraged from making something awesome like this again.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 20:06   Link #48
Dextro
He Without a Title

Just saw this (at long last) and I have to say that this is indeed a very good movie! Some might say that the plot is a bit thin but I'll rebut that it's a very good movie precisely due to it's very simple plot.

We've grown accustomed to highly complex stories that end up barely fitting the confines of a short hour and a half movie yet I've personally grown weary of watching feature-length films precisely because time and time again they try to do too much and end up feeling unfinished and rushed. Red Line did none of that: it had a simple story to tell and it told it. Simple and effective.

Hell I even came out of it understanding not only the main character but also a couple of the secondary ones which is quite an achievement for movies nowadays (sadly).

And that animation is simply godly. Coupled with what I thought was a very good soundtrack this movie has found a spot on my shelf that's for sure.

Tags
action, sci fi