AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 23:32   Link #5141
Justin_Brett

I think I'll just say the circumstances are a little bit different between each of those people and leave it at that. Don't want to start anything over a fictional work that's set in a completely different universe.

And okay, he's nice. But what else? I'd bet dollars to donuts he's going to end up on their time at some point, and if they use that as the sole reason, I'm going to have to call bullshit. Niceness has a limit, even in this series.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 00:19   Link #5142
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
There's also value in getting a complete picture of the other party. Being with them is the best way to get that rather than relying on what some one tells him.
Old 2012-01-01, 04:27   Link #5143
rxrx

Well, if it comes to the corrupted officers of the TSAB and the company that invented the virus wants to kill the Huke to keep things down and manipulate the Special Task Force Six to do the dirty work, then Touma might switch sides to repay the favor. It has nothing to do with what people thing right or wrong but just what they feel is right. More like honor before reason and he is thinking about the relationship in the fictional Yakuza terms.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 07:08   Link #5144
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
And okay, he's nice. But what else? I'd bet dollars to donuts he's going to end up on their time at some point, and if they use that as the sole reason, I'm going to have to call bullshit. Niceness has a limit, even in this series.
If he's going to end up on their side and start killing innocent people, then yes I'm calling bullshit as well. But frankly, I don't see that as a possibility at this stage. It might have been if he hadn't been saved by the TSAB, but now that's not really an option anymore.

At most I see him going to them not to join their cause, but to try and save them. To make them see that what they're doing is not the only way, and that there are other paths as well.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 07:48   Link #5145
Skane
Anime Snark

All this talk reminds me of the rampant hate for Suzaku in Code Geass. "We can change them from the inside!", as Britainains gun down civilians in the background. Dude wasn't right in the head...

Heh.
Old 2012-01-01, 07:57   Link #5146
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It's sillier in Suzaku's case (at first) because he was just some no name 11 soldier. Thoma at least has the powerful zero divider whose power is recognised by the rest of the Huckbein.
Old 2012-01-01, 09:10   Link #5147
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
And people wonder why I hate this thread so much.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 13:29   Link #5148
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
To be fair "niceness" in this franchise have quite an ample limit. Nanoha's breaking point was kidnapping her daughter, Tohma hasn't reached that point yet with the Hucks. Some of us were soulcrushed by what happened to Signum and Hayate but by that point both were nobodys to Tohma, two TSAB employees at best. And the Huckebein didn't do anything specially bad to Isis and Lily(aside of striping them naked but Thoma never knew about that), they even bring the girls with them practically unharmed as means to convince Tohma that they don't have a beef with him.

The moment Tohma's nice behavior will be tested is when someone finally do something considerably bad to someone actually important to him. Be Subaru, Lily or even one of the Huckebein themselves.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 15:26   Link #5149
Justin_Brett

Quote:
There's also value in getting a complete picture of the other party. Being with them is the best way to get that rather than relying on what some one tells him.
Maybe, but I think he's made up his mind on them already, pretty much.
Old 2012-01-01, 17:40   Link #5150
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Then why are you worried he'll join them when he's already chosen his Bureau friends over them?
Old 2012-01-02, 00:57   Link #5151
Justin_Brett

Well, unless they feel like dropping another plot thread, he will, since it's meant to be a big part of his story, other than the whole revenge thing which is on hold until whoever did it pops up.

It's why I think having him know everyone for so long was a bad idea here. It sort of kills the tension of who he'll go with ultimately. And to have him get to know the Hucks they have to jump through hoops like this.
Old 2012-01-02, 01:12   Link #5152
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Not necessarily, while it's indeed a bit jarring that he already knows all the freaking main cast that not change the fact that he's an influentiable teenager who also feels curiosity about the Huckebein family. His situation with the Eclipse makes him open minded enought to allow himself the chance of giving them the benefit of the doubt which is part of tha main gross of the story.

Probably Curren thinks that Tohma is relatively safer in the hands of the TSAB than wandering around by himself and in danger of facing Vandin Corp. so it's a good idea take Section Six take care of him for a time and they also are making her the favour of training him. Those are reasons good enough to play along with Hayate for a time to keep S6's out of trouble and allow Tohma the chance to grow a bit. Also she sents her messages from tiem to time to annoy Hayate and at the same time mantain her connection with Tohma so he didn't forget about the curiosity/sense of belonging he feels towards the Huckebein.

Of course that's kind of a risky bet as most of the further developement of the interactions between Section Six and The Huckebein will be determined by Tohma's descicions.

Of course that don't change the fact that Curren is clearly a smart business woman who likes to test and play with the emotions of people, she can be passive or agressive in her descicions/risks she takes as the situation demands.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-01-02 at 01:43.
Old 2012-01-02, 01:42   Link #5153
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
No Force in December?
Old 2012-01-02, 03:38   Link #5154
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Eh, that's an exaggeration. It wouldn't have been as noticeable if not for Hayate hadn't gotten over the same thing in As much quicker.
Someone could read it the other way, that Hayate got over it too fast and Thoma's normal.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 03:44   Link #5155
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
No Force in December?
I've heard that Yukari Tamura is too busy with designs for The MOVIE 2nd and other projects so yeah, no Force this month xDU.

That actually makes sense and answers the question about why the art for posters of the movie is suspiciously similar to the used on Force manga covers xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-02, 04:32   Link #5156
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Nanoha's VA does not draw Force

But none of the Movie 2nd art released thus far is drawn by Yukari Higa.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:36   Link #5157
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Nanoha's VA does not draw Force

But none of the Movie 2nd art released thus far is drawn by Yukari Higa.
Well, that's what i've heard, still one can't deny that the poster of the Movie 2nd have resemblances with Higa's art xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-02, 06:45   Link #5158
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And thus we once more face Force's biggest flaw: Its damnably long release schedule that leaves us stewing month after month.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 06:49   Link #5159
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And thus we once more face Force's biggest flaw: Its damnably long release schedule that leaves us stewing month after month.
To be fair, this time new Force material is still coming out in the form of the Force-related Sound Stage for The MOVIE 2nd. It's surprisingly well tuned with the current season and even give us some interesting stuff about some current stuff like more data about the Book of the Silver Cross among other stuff.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-02, 07:03   Link #5160
rxrx

The sound stage for Force is something like bonding of Touma and the Wolken actually. the latter are commenting on how alike they are in meeting their respective factor that change their life, Touma with Lily and the Bible while the knights meet Hayate. In general, they ask him if he had thought of how life would be if he had not meet the Bible and Lily, and the guy replies that he might eventually accept the adoption into the Nakajima Family though some part of him will still linger in finding out the truth of the destruction of his village. While he went through much crap, he do not regret the meeting as he meet people around and likes life the way it is.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force