AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-08-26, 06:25   Link #21
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I have doubt that Sabo kills Cobra, because if it does, Luffy may get angry since Cobra owes a huge favor to Straw Hats. Not to mention that Luffy rescues Alabasta from Crocodile, and Vivi also wants to return to Straw Hats when the time comes.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 09:15   Link #22
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I have doubt that Sabo kills Cobra, because if it does, Luffy may get angry since Cobra owes a huge favor to Straw Hats. Not to mention that Luffy rescues Alabasta from Crocodile, and Vivi also wants to return to Straw Hats when the time comes.
And that's why I seriously doubt Sabo ever did kill Cobra. The most likely candidate for doing the dirty deed and pinning it on Sabo... is CP0, or more specifically Rob Lucci. It would also make things much, much more personal between him and Luffy (and by extension, Vivi since it's her dad that got killed).

Meanwhile, the whole Buggy thing... makes a hell of a lot more sense with what was revealed in this chapter. I almost thought the whole Bounties on Marines thing really was Buggy's idea, but I guess not. Running a criminal empire isn't as easy as it's made out to be when you consider the logistics of keeping the funds for it going and keeping all those mouths fed. Baron Tomago's conversation with Big Mom back on Fishman Island via Den-Den Mushi arguing in favor of taking the treasure to pay for repairs of the ships Kid sunk comes to mind, and doubles as a sliver of early foreshadowing for something like this coming up eventually.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 14:27   Link #23
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Luffy was punished for throwing his ship over the waterfall, most of the rewards seem fine to me, but why did they put the Sunny on Franky's poster? (what about the marines?), it was revealed how Buggy became Yonkou and information from Sabo is coming, to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 16:29   Link #24
Homura7

Based on the info we have at hand, the Strawhats seem to be headed towards Sphinx Island, Whitebeard's birthplace and Marco's home.

And also the place where the old man and Ace rest.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 18:14   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Based on the info we have at hand, the Strawhats seem to be headed towards Sphinx Island, Whitebeard's birthplace and Marco's home.

And also the place where the old man and Ace rest.
Which info exactly? If that were the case you'd think they would have given Marco a ride, unless he left Wano early.
Old 2022-08-26, 18:25   Link #26
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Which info exactly? If that were the case you'd think they would have given Marco a ride, unless he left Wano early.
Marco himself said that his homeland isn't that far from Wanokuni.

He had already left when Luffy and Zoro had not yet fully recovered. He also had his good reasons of hurrying back home, as Edward Weevil is still in his pursuit and that means Whitebeard's birthplace might be threatened. Remember, it was because of the threat of the former warlord that Marco refused to aid in the battle against Kaido at first.

Besides, I've been thinking this for a while and... The last person Roger talked to in the days prior to his execution was Whitebeard. If I were Roger and wanted to ensure that neither the WG nor the Marine would ever find their way towards Laugh Tale, I would have entrusted one of the Road Poneglyph to someone thrustworthy. What I'm trying to say is, the last Road Poneglyph might be hidden somewhere in Whitebeard's homeland.
Old 2022-08-26, 18:42   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Marco himself said that his homeland isn't that far from Wanokuni.

He had already left when Luffy and Zoro had not yet fully recovered. He also had his good reasons of hurrying back home, as Edward Weevil is still in his pursuit and that means Whitebeard's birthplace might be threatened. Remember, it was because of the threat of the former warlord that Marco refused to aid in the battle against Kaido at first.

Besides, I've been thinking this for a while and... The last person Roger talked to in the days prior to his execution was Whitebeard. If I were Roger and wanted to ensure that neither the WG nor the Marine would ever find their way towards Laugh Tale, I would have entrusted one of the Road Poneglyph to someone thrustworthy. What I'm trying to say is, the last Road Poneglyph might be hidden somewhere in Whitebeard's homeland.
That's a nice theory, but what about the man with the burn mark Kid is looking for? He's the one supposed to hold the clue regarding the whereabouts of the final Road Poneglyph.

Besides, if that island is their next destination and it is indeed there, the Straw-hats could set sail straight to Laugh Tale after that, which is definitely not going to happen.
Old 2022-08-26, 18:51   Link #28
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Besides, if that island is their next destination and it is indeed there, the Straw-hats could set sail straight to Laugh Tale after that, which is definitely not going to happen.
No, not really. First they would have to find the four locations that are written on each Road Ponegliph, for which Robin is needed. Afterwards, it would be up to Nami to connect the four axis and circle the exact point in the map where Laugh Tale is located. Even after they find the last Road Ponegliph there's still a lotta work to do. And that's not counting the number of obstacles they're sure to come across in their travels.
Old 2022-08-28, 07:33   Link #29
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
No, not really. First they would have to find the four locations that are written on each Road Ponegliph, for which Robin is needed. Afterwards, it would be up to Nami to connect the four axis and circle the exact point in the map where Laugh Tale is located. Even after they find the last Road Ponegliph there's still a lotta work to do. And that's not counting the number of obstacles they're sure to come across in their travels.
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be where the Straw Hats would find a massive challenge. Akainu probably going down by himself to stop the Straw Hats for good. The thing is, the 4th Road Poneglyph is missing, so probably with Straw Hat's luck, they happen to find it at some point.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-28, 13:23   Link #30
Gerard07

Reading the comments above, it is true that it is possible that the 4th Road Poneglyph is in Whitebeard's territory (it was on Fish-Man Island and it was under his protection for a while, it would not be strange if he had moved it), but it is possible that now Blackbeard has it, also I had thought that maybe Shanks had it and that would mark his meeting with Luffy, but anyway, to wait for the next chapter for more news.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-28, 19:00   Link #31
itachi-san314

This chapter is great. I like how Oda revealed the Cross Guild to us in the same way he revealed it to the OP world. Now we get to know how he actually made Mihawk and Croc his subordinates lol

As far as the 4th Road Poneglyph goes, I bet it'll be something we haven't thought of. Oda might as well throw us a curveball on that one, but who knows. It makes sense for Shanks or Blackbeard to have it.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-05, 17:14   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I love how Chopper is both recognized as the ship's doctor in his bounty...but still is considered a pet. Chopper needs to KO an Admiral and get some respect . Franky is also in an odd spot. I'm really not sure what that's about. But hey...at least the ship is getting respect?

Robin getting close to the 1 billion mark. Makes sense since her knowledge is absolutely terrifying to that organization. And I know these aren't power levels. But a ranking of Luffy, Zoro, Jimbei, Sanji, and Robin does work pretty well.

It really does seem like a legitimate debate about whether Buggy will stumble his way to become Pirate King...He's already made his way to having a higher bounty than Luffy which is hilarious.