AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-11-11, 10:05   Link #21
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Oh man, Void Century is just gonna be another Alma Toran right...
Old 2022-11-11, 15:10   Link #22
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, they talked about Ohara, Vegapunk read the books that were in the lake (can he read the Poneglyph?), and about Saul, it is good for Robin that he is still alive, but will it really be him?, and why did he never try to contact Robin?, and why did Dragon never tell Robin about this?, and about the design of Vegapunk, it gives the impression of being about a crazy old man (I like it), to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 16:15   Link #23
grecefar

I shed a tear when robin knew that saul is alive, she deserves all the happiness in the world.

Vegapunk seems like a cool guy. I loved that he looks like einstain, pretty fitting.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 19:11   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Seen the chapter, they talked about Ohara, Vegapunk read the books that were in the lake (can he read the Poneglyph?), and about Saul, it is good for Robin that he is still alive, but will it really be him?, and why did he never try to contact Robin?, and why did Dragon never tell Robin about this?, and about the design of Vegapunk, it gives the impression of being about a crazy old man (I like it), to wait for the next chapter.
How would Saul have contacted Robin? She managed to evade the World Government and the revolutionaries for 20 years. As for why Dragon didn't tell her, I guess he may not have known they knew each other. Or it's the same deal as Robin never telling Luffy about Sabo all over again.
Old 2022-11-11, 20:30   Link #25
Gerard07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How would Saul have contacted Robin? She managed to evade the World Government and the revolutionaries for 20 years. As for why Dragon didn't tell her, I guess he may not have known they knew each other. Or it's the same deal as Robin never telling Luffy about Sabo all over again.
Hmm, you have a point about Saul, that's assuming it really is him (maybe Oda will come out at the end saying he has a brother or something, though that would be a bit cruel to Robin T.T).
Anyway I have a question, could Vegapunk read the poneglyphs? (since he read the books of the scholars, maybe he learned it there)
Hopefully in the next chapter there will be more information about the empty century or Law vs Kurohige.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 01:54   Link #26
itachi-san314

It's either Saul or it's Oda's worst troll to date. But, it's Saul for sure

Quote:
about Saul, it is good for Robin that he is still alive, but will it really be him?, and why did he never try to contact Robin?
Maybe he's still in touch with Aokiji and he gets updates on her. He also probably knows that her journey would lead her to him eventually and he's probably preparing something for her over all this time like a new Ohara library.

Quote:
could Vegapunk read the poneglyphs? (since he read the books of the scholars, maybe he learned it there)
It certainly seems like this is the case, but I guess we'll get confirmation of it soon
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 03:50   Link #27
Kaz_

I always believed that this "Advanced Kingdom" was some real life counterpart of fabled Mu/Atlantis civilizations but it seems like they have some Nazi Germany in their blood too, as they wanted to eradicate the lesser kingdoms with their advanced might (20 against 1? They must've been mass producing those ancient weapons, definitely capable of genetic engineering or something like that since they somehow developed Shirahoshi into Poseidon CENTURIES later).

Now Im starting to believe that maybe WG was actually all the good guys whom survived a brutal extinction scale assault and now too afraid of their nemesis revival, probably capable of returning back or very powerful remnants of it (D?) are wandering the earth still barely aware of their origins. WG was righteously afraid they took all the extreme measures to paint themselves modern tyrants.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 12:06   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
I always believed that this "Advanced Kingdom" was some real life counterpart of fabled Mu/Atlantis civilizations but it seems like they have some Nazi Germany in their blood too, as they wanted to eradicate the lesser kingdoms with their advanced might (20 against 1? They must've been mass producing those ancient weapons, definitely capable of genetic engineering or something like that since they somehow developed Shirahoshi into Poseidon CENTURIES later).
Unfortunately, wherever or whenever advanced technology exists, there will always be Nazi types all over it. After WW2, most of the German scientists just came to the US to start NASA and the CIA. If places like Atlantis were real, they probably had their own brand of Nazis. There's a lot of myths about half men/half something else which would corroborate ancient genetic engineering. Oda knows what's up

If anyone here follows Bleach, I think Kubo is saying a similar thing with the Sternritters. The Nazis never left, they just hid in the shadows all this time and perfected their advanced technologies.

Quote:
Now Im starting to believe that maybe WG was actually all the good guys whom survived a brutal extinction scale assault and now too afraid of their nemesis revival, probably capable of returning back or very powerful remnants of it (D?) are wandering the earth still barely aware of their origins. WG was righteously afraid they took all the extreme measures to paint themselves modern tyrants.
Like any good writer, Oda won't make the WG heads just pure evil. The best villains think they are the good guys. It's probably like that in reality too

This reminds me a lot of Attack on Titan as well. Very interesting to see such similar themes in these top mangas. Truth in storytelling
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 14:39   Link #29
marvelB

BTW, something I'm curious as to whether Oda will address in full this arc is the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia. We've known it's been around for some time in the OP world, but how long, exactly? And who is the author? Vegapunk would be the natural guess here, but what if this book existed even before his rise to the top of the science world? Personally, I think it would be pretty interesting to learn that there were other famous scholars who successfully discovered some of the world's secrets prior to Vegapunk and Clover's generation.....

Oh, and yeah, I definitely agree that Punk Prime most likely split his brain among the other Punks. Which makes me wonder: Is there any chance the other Punks could go rogue? I think it would make for an interesting twist if an "evil" Punk turned out to be the arc's big bad instead of CP0. As for which one would make the heel turn.... well, the most obvious candidate would be Shaka since he seems to be the leader of the other Punks, but personally, I kinda want to put my money on York. Just imagine, the one Punk whose only apparent purpose is to eat, sleep, and shit for the others turns out to be the evil mastermind!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 19:00   Link #30
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and yeah, I definitely agree that Punk Prime most likely split his brain among the other Punks. Which makes me wonder: Is there any chance the other Punks could go rogue? I think it would make for an interesting twist if an "evil" Punk turned out to be the arc's big bad instead of CP0. As for which one would make the heel turn.... well, the most obvious candidate would be Shaka since he seems to be the leader of the other Punks, but personally, I kinda want to put my money on York. Just imagine, the one Punk whose only apparent purpose is to eat, sleep, and shit for the others turns out to be the evil mastermind!
Well, that or turns against everyone else cuz they turn out to be sick and tired of being the one who does only those three things for everyone else. Then again, York doesn't strike me as the villainous type since she seemed way too content with what she gets to do; like a house cat, frankly. But just because eating, shitting, and sleeping are part of her only job doesn't make her any less capable as a scientist herself since she still has a part of Vegapunk's brain in her at least.

But I do like the contrast between Luffy and Bonney. Both their fathers were involved in founding the Revolutionaries and have big appetites (still won't forget balloon-bellied Bonney ^_^), but that's about where the similarities end for those two.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 01:58   Link #31
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, something I'm curious as to whether Oda will address in full this arc is the Devil Fruit Encyclopedia. We've known it's been around for some time in the OP world, but how long, exactly? And who is the author? Vegapunk would be the natural guess here, but what if this book existed even before his rise to the top of the science world? Personally, I think it would be pretty interesting to learn that there were other famous scholars who successfully discovered some of the world's secrets prior to Vegapunk and Clover's generation.....

Really hope that Oda could release his official Devil Fruit encyclopedia for all of us sometime soon. As for which of Vegapunk’s assistants would go rogue, this may sound obvious but it would have to be Lilith. She is after all the part of Vegapunk with the aspect of “evil” compared with the others.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 04:57   Link #32
electricmastro

So let me see if I got Vegapunk's timeline accurate enough:

Childhood: Lacked tools and funds to build inventions on Future Country Baldimore on Karakuri Island

Circa Age 32: Extracted Lineage Factor from Kaido to make a Fish Dragon Fruit, before Kaido escaped with King

Late 30s: Worked with Caesar, Judge, and Queen in MADS

Age 43: Met with Dragon at the Ohara ruins

Age 61: Dismissed Caesar shortly before he detonated Punk Hazard with a chemical weapon

Age 63: Programmed the mission to protect the Thousand Sunny into Kuma

Age 65: Meets Luffy for the first time
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote