AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-12-08, 14:11   Link #21
The Small One

I'm kinda disappointed that CP0 is able to stand up. They shoudn't really be powerful enough to fight against the Straw Hats.
And the explanation about the Devil Fruits isn't really good either. Let's hope there is still another explanation later on.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-08, 14:29   Link #22
Gerard07

I'm just asking out of curiosity, does Lucci have black smoke or black flames? By the way, it could be my thing but lately a lot of "akuma no mi" users have... a kind of smoke that wraps around their shoulders and passes through their backs ( Luffy in G4 and G5, Yamato in hybrid form and Lucci in his awakened form), does the smoke/steam in that form have any meaning?
Well, regarding the chapter, it doesn't seem strange to me that Lucci is able to face the current Luffy, after all he seems to be one of the CP0's elites (I think it would be worse if he was too weak), that being said unless the CP0 receives reinforcements (such as Kizaru) their defeat should be inevitable.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-08, 18:47   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I'm just asking out of curiosity, does Lucci have black smoke or black flames? By the way, it could be my thing but lately a lot of "akuma no mi" users have... a kind of smoke that wraps around their shoulders and passes through their backs ( Luffy in G4 and G5, Yamato in hybrid form and Lucci in his awakened form), does the smoke/steam in that form have any meaning?
It's called a hagoromo, a sort of scarf divine beings wear in Japanese myths.
Old 2022-12-08, 22:38   Link #24
itachi-san314

Not really digging this chapter. The DF explanation is shoddy. It makes no sense for there not to be an actual Rubber DF when there are so many whacky variants. Rubber would be a semi-normal DF compared to most. If Luffy doesn't have it, someone else should. It's like there's everything imaginable except rubber

It's also dumb that Luffy jumped right into his awakening. Lucci isn't Kaido level. Just seems like overkill for fan service. Sentomaru went down way too easy too. Not that he's necessarily down for the count, but he should have had some kind of defense for that attack given his position and what we've seen previously. The whole chapter was disappointing frankly
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 00:22   Link #25
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
My boy Lucci is taking the whole Smoker treatment package here lol, I was least expecting him to give Luffy a challange.
how? he was pretty outclassed by Luffy in just Gear 2. I honestly didn't think Luffy even needs Nika form on him. I think Snakeman probably would have been enough to handle Lucci.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 11:05   Link #26
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
After Luffy becoming a special protag with unique powers, now we have massive powercreep with Rob Lucci. How does he go from losing to Gear 2 to clashing with 5? He's not Freeza.
One Piece is a just a normal shounen now.
Old 2022-12-09, 12:31   Link #27
Gerard07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's called a hagoromo, a sort of scarf divine beings wear in Japanese myths.
Thanks for the info.

Regarding the chapter, the explanation about the origin of the "Akuma no mi" was not what I expected either, but it is just a "theory" of Vegapunk, it is not confirmed, maybe it will change in the future.
And about Luffy vs Lucci, although I would have liked Luffy to use G2 again (I miss him a bit), Luffy probably used G5 because he does NOT underestimate Lucci (their last fight was pretty close) and like I said, even though Luffy is fighting it's just a matter of of time before Luffy surpasses him.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 19:27   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
After Luffy becoming a special protag with unique powers, now we have massive powercreep with Rob Lucci. How does he go from losing to Gear 2 to clashing with 5? He's not Freeza.
One Piece is a just a normal shounen now.
The worst part is if Luffy had encountered him pre-Wano, Lucci would have utterly wrecked him.

It once again goes back to what I've been saying for years. What was even the point of the SHs stopping two years to train when all of their rivals turned out to be on their levels if not stronger than them, and suffered zero consequences for entering the New World unprepared? It just makes Luffy seem like a coward.
Old 2022-12-09, 19:49   Link #29
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The worst part is if Luffy had encountered him pre-Wano, Lucci would have utterly wrecked him.

It once again goes back to what I've been saying for years. What was even the point of the SHs stopping two years to train when all of their rivals turned out to be on their levels if not stronger than them, and suffered zero consequences for entering the New World unprepared? It just makes Luffy seem like a coward.
Okay you are overestimating Lucci here, Luffy in Nika form isn’t even fighting seriously against Lucci, also you are forgetting that they wouldn’t have stood a chance against the Yonko crews without that training, you are also forgetting that Kaido in Wano had to be repeatedly worn down by multiple battles again the Scabbards, the supernovas and Yamato before Luffy awakened. Don’t forget the details.

Seriously it seems like almost everyone is speedreading this chapter, and acting like Lucci is making Luffy struggle when Luffy himself is mostly laughing and just playing around with Lucci this chapter, don’t oversell Lucci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Not really digging this chapter. The DF explanation is shoddy. It makes no sense for there not to be an actual Rubber DF when there are so many whacky variants. Rubber would be a semi-normal DF compared to most. If Luffy doesn't have it, someone else should. It's like there's everything imaginable except rubber

It's also dumb that Luffy jumped right into his awakening. Lucci isn't Kaido level. Just seems like overkill for fan service. Sentomaru went down way too easy too. Not that he's necessarily down for the count, but he should have had some kind of defense for that attack given his position and what we've seen previously. The whole chapter was disappointing frankly
You do realize that there is no Gomu Gomu Fruit, that was just a false name by the Elder Stars. Unless an actual rubber fruit is called by a different name than “Gomu Gomu”.

Again, Luffy isn’t even fighting seriously against Lucci. Also he only just got it during Kaido, so Luffy probably just wants to test it a bit and get used to it and see the power difference, which is most likely why he jumped to straight to Awakening this fight.

You are overestimating Sentomaru, speed is Lucci’s thing so Sentomaru couldn’t react quickly enough to defend from Lucci’s attack, especially since Lucci is awakened now. Really analyze this before rushing to complain.

If you want to complain about “Fan service”, try Bleach and it’s Captain wank.

Last edited by Jmariofan7; 2022-12-09 at 20:11.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 22:13   Link #30
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
You do realize that there is no Gomu Gomu Fruit, that was just a false name by the Elder Stars. Unless an actual rubber fruit is called by a different name than “Gomu Gomu”.
You missed my point entirely. I'm saying it's dumb not to have a normal Rubber DF when there is, and will be, literally every other type imaginable.

Quote:
You are overestimating Sentomaru, speed is Lucci’s thing so Sentomaru couldn’t react quickly enough to defend from Lucci’s attack, especially since Lucci is awakened now. Really analyze this before rushing to complain.
Sentomaru's thing is defense right? What good is defense if you have to wait until a fast opponent attacks before you activate it? He should have some kind of resting defense plus observation haki. Really analyze this before rushing to defend it.

Quote:
If you want to complain about “Fan service”, try Bleach and it’s Captain wank.
If you like “Fan service”, enjoy Luffy going full cartoon mode instantly and Lucci leveling up to a current threat off screen
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-10, 08:01   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Okay you are overestimating Lucci here, Luffy in Nika form isn’t even fighting seriously against Lucci, also you are forgetting that they wouldn’t have stood a chance against the Yonko crews without that training, you are also forgetting that Kaido in Wano had to be repeatedly worn down by multiple battles again the Scabbards, the supernovas and Yamato before Luffy awakened. Don’t forget the details.

Seriously it seems like almost everyone is speedreading this chapter, and acting like Lucci is making Luffy struggle when Luffy himself is mostly laughing and just playing around with Lucci this chapter, don’t oversell Lucci.
The clash of fists certainly makes it look like there isn't a big power gap between the two of them.

Yes, Kaido had to be weakened for Luffy to defeat him, although it's debatable just how much he was weakened. But Luffy still managed to beat the strongest Yonkou after he awakened. Note: Luffy was also laughing and playing around with Kaido after he went Gear 5. It's just how he is in that state, it doesn't mean he isn't taking the fight seriously especially since he's pissed off at Atlas getting hurt.

Lucci shouldn't even be Yonkou commander level. It's not like CP0 is constantly fighting strong opponents like Luffy has these past few months (not to mention being trained by the right hand man of the Pirate King before that), they specialize in espionage. There is no reason for Lucci to have grown this strong.
Old 2022-12-10, 12:34   Link #32
electricmastro

So Lucci showed up in this arc just to show off a cool form and then bail?
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 09:54   Link #33
necrolyte

I agree with most of the people here. Luci is strong but serving as a spy or assasin can't make you that strong. I can't see how someone killing easy targets in the dark or staying a couple of years undercover can gain so much power in 2 years time. Still I won't go that far as some of you to say that he is making trouble for Luffy, at least until I see it happening.
I also agree that Luffy going directly into Gear 5 is strange, my guess is he went into it just so Vegapunk can see it and say the stuff he said to Luffy's crew, nothing much than that.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 09:58   Link #34
grecefar

Mmm I'm thinking of lucci being a sore loser for 2 years and training a lot in case he see luffy again like now.

But still he shouldn't be at luffy's level, not even close at gear 5, maybe a good fight against gear 4 but still lose.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-11, 13:25   Link #35
electricmastro

Vegapunk said the same thing that physicist said.

The very same thing as that physicist!

electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote