AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-25, 20:16   Link #5701
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Odd but for some reason I saw that coming, Knew zazie was evil in some way but I think a ton of us already had an odd feeling on her. Just her coming in here now thats what threw me off x.x
Old 2010-06-25, 20:17   Link #5702
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronerdboy View Post
boom!!!! Headshot!!!!!!!
Old 2010-06-25, 20:51   Link #5703
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Re: Chapter 294-

OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 21:18   Link #5704
Maedhros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Odd but for some reason I saw that coming, Knew zazie was evil in some way but I think a ton of us already had an odd feeling on her. Just her coming in here now thats what threw me off x.x
We don't know if she's evil yet, I'm waiting to make a better judgement, but right now there's no enough evidence.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 22:12   Link #5705
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Akamatsu once stated that Zazie's true nature will be revealed in the last arc. Does this mean that this series is actually nearing it's end ? I hope she wouldn't be an enemy, who knows what she is capable of

If this is going to be the last arc, I hope there will be enough portion that explains the whereabouts of Nagi and Arika , what exactly happened to Ala Rubra after the war, and some battle segment for the real Eva . I don't really care who Negi will end up with , all of them is fine too, just as long there is no thread left hanging...

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-06-25 at 22:29.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 22:19   Link #5706
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Akamatsu once stated that Zazie's true nature will be revealed in the last arc. Does this mean that this series is actually nearing it's end ? I hope she wouldn't be an enemy, who knows what she is capable of
Lets hope its a prereq for a new arc and not end here I look forward to negima more than naruto and bleach
Old 2010-06-25, 22:23   Link #5707
Xacual

She might be there to help right?!?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 22:27   Link #5708
Graskell
invisible man

Here's a thought. In an earlier chapter, Fate said that he had rescued dozens of war orphans but sent most of them to school rather then keep them around. What if Zazie was one of those other orphans? Mahora only just learned that something was going on in the magic world involving Fate. If Zazie learned that her benefactor was in trouble, that might explain why she suddenly appeared in the magic world after lazing about all summer.

Just a thought, but I called it if it's true.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:27   Link #5709
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graskell View Post
Here's a thought. In an earlier chapter, Fate said that he had rescued dozens of war orphans but sent most of them to school rather then keep them around. What if Zazie was one of those other orphans? Mahora only just learned that something was going on in the magic world involving Fate. If Zazie learned that her benefactor was in trouble, that might explain why she suddenly appeared in the magic world after lazing about all summer.

Just a thought, but I called it if it's true.

I guess it's possible, although I'd rather not have Negi fight another student again

Btw, this just come to me:
1. I've read somewhere that Akamatsu originally wanted to make an action series but was pushed to make another harem series following the success of Love Hina , so he made an action series disguised as a harem series
2. Negi's lightning form is resembling super saiyan closer and closer, and as I remember after a timeskip child Goku reappear in front of his friends as a late teen/young adult, and afterwards the series shifted to be more action-oriented
3. Zazie was stated to have a role in the last arc
So here's a thought: Maybe now that he has managed to convince his manager that he can make a decent action series, Akamatsu is going to end Mahou Sensei Negima and make a more action-oriented sequel (MSN Z ?). This is going to be the last arc of child Negi, allowing the sequel to focus on a real teenage Negi, body and mind, instead of the illusion one.

I think there's merit in this idea, no?
Old 2010-06-25, 23:28   Link #5710
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I guess it's possible, although I'd rather not have Negi fight another student again

Btw, this just come to me:
1. I've read somewhere that Akamatsu originally wanted to make an action series but was pushed to make another harem series following the success of Love Hina, so he made an action series disguised as a harem series
2. Negi's lightning form is resembling super saiyan closer and closer, and as I remember after a timeskip child Goku reappear in front of his friends as a late teen/young adult, and afterwards the series shifted to be more action-oriented
3. Zazie was stated to have a role in the last arc
So here's a thought: Maybe now that he has managed to convince his manager that he can make a decent action series, Akamatsu is going to end Mahou Sensei Negima and make a more action-oriented sequel. This is going to be the last arc of child Negi, allowing the sequel to focus on a real teenage Negi, body and mind, instead of the illusion one.

I think there's merit in this idea, no?
it doesn't state that Zazie can't have a role before the last arc either.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:53   Link #5711
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

well shit I knew something was up with her...I mean...she does have shadows surrounding her all the time
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 23:55   Link #5712
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it doesn't state that Zazie can't have a role before the last arc either.
That's true ... I heard that Ken had wanted Negima to have roughly 400 chapter's ... not to mention that I think it's still too early for this manga to end, since there is still a lot of stuff left unresolved ... so unless Akamatsu sensei has lost the motivation to keep this series going (which is unlikely ... in my opinion) ... I doubt this series is going to end with this arc ... and the appearance of Zazie is Ken toying with his reader's ... so I think we shouldn't be so hyped about Zazie's appearance in chapter 294 ... especially considering that it might not even be her.

I estimate that we have still over 100 chapter's till the end of this manga ... and one major arc ... happening after Negi and the rest of his companions return from the Magic World ... probably with a few filler chapter's ,before the start of the the next major arc, ... that would be dealing with the aftermath of the Magic World arc ... simply saying, I doubt this manga is going to end ... until Negi finds Nagi or learns what has happened to him ... and that probably means that Negi and his companions will have to go to Istanbul ... where the final arc is probably going to happen.

Basically I doubt that Zazie's appearance in chapter 294 ... means that this manga ends ... it might signify the beginning of the end, but I think we still have some time to get used to it ... since, in my opinion, Ken has a lot of things that he needs to resolve before ending this manga ... and I think that he could easily make another arc out of that ... though it probably won't be as long as the Magic World arc.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 02:24   Link #5713
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont think people should be so worried about the manga ending, since Negi´s teaching term is only halfway through his year or training. I already am aware that the author said he was not going too reveal much details about her until the last arc.

But still he is just human he might have found a better ending, new possibilitys, new interesting plots, gags, adventures just by changing a few things like Zazie role appearing much much sooner than she should have.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 03:00   Link #5714
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Akamatsu one wrote that Zazie and the Nightmare Circus was supposed to have some focus on after the Mahora Wars, but that arc went longer than expected. Who knows, maybe he feels guilty and decides to speed up her involvement? It's not like this is the first time he changed his mind?
Old 2010-06-26, 05:28   Link #5715
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

The end of chapter teaser asks "is the most enigmatic classmate a great enemy?" So KA is certainly trying to get us to assume she's an antagonist.

But there are plenty of other possibilities, a number of which including "that's not her" as a component. Even if it is her, that doesn't mean this is all of a sudden the last arc. KA just said her "true nature" will be revealed in the last arc. She could tear Fate a new one, fix Magic World, and bodily drag everyone home next chapter, and do it all without revealing anything about her nature. How much development have we gotten on Asuna in just this arc, and we still can't even say with any certainty to what degree she's human...
Old 2010-06-26, 08:23   Link #5716
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Zazie ... eh?

remembers something about a card or some other kind of infomation on her from the first Volumes where she's shown with the same claws ...

a wild bet (hey ... everything is still up in the air about her) is that she is either a Neutral or Rogue Construct with no alliances (neither specificly for or against Fate or Negi) or that she's a Demon ... and she got ties to either Zect or Dynamis (or Both of them)

Last edited by Sian; 2010-06-26 at 11:20.
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 10:00   Link #5717
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Zazie ... eh?

remembers something about a card or some other kind of infomation on her from the first Volumes where she's shown with the same claws ...
It was the big, group color image from volume 1 where everyone is "in the sky" above Mahora. Zazie is in the center but in the distance and yeah, her hands are claw-like. When I read the chapter, I plan to note that in the blog article I write.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 14:33   Link #5718
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Zazie ... eh?

Thats a good pickup we can see Mana has her gun Kaede has her kunai which both relate to their fighting style so that could be a tip on her, plus Zazie is secluded and in the middle with pictures of people who are related to the magic world. So this could be an indicator on her role.
Old 2010-06-26, 17:19   Link #5719
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Wow, big time curveball there from Ken.

But maybe, as quigonkenny said, he's trying to make us all think she's evil but she isn't.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 20:55   Link #5720
GreatTeacherKen

Oh my.

I like to think I'm genre savvy and can predict most twists, but I got to change my pants right now, think I just shat a brick at this one.

And Zazie's more enigmatic than ever. I'm very excited for whatever comes next.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy