AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-09-13, 18:16   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1060 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Luffy's Dream". Splash is a color page.

-Out at sea, the Straw-Hats finally catch up on the outside world's news. Luffy doesn't believe that Sabo killed Cobra, and wants to go to Alabasta and Mariejois right away, but Zoro stops him. After he calms down, Luffy recalls the promise he made so long ago with Sabo and Ace.... though once again, his dream is hidden from us readers. The rest of the crew react to it with varying levels of shock and/or amusement, though. He also reveals that aside from the crew, the only other people he shared his dream with are Ace, Sabo, and Shanks.

-Meanwhile, we focus back to Sabo's call with Dragon, which is being intercepted by the marines and Five Elders. He reports that he's currently in the Lulusia kingdom, and that he didn't murder Cobra. However, he witnessed something unbelievable at Mariejois.... someone seated at the so-called "empty throne" of Pangaea Castle (in other words, Imu). During Sabo's call, a rebellion seems to be happening in Lulusia, with the king and his daughter having been ousted from power. Before the rest of Sabo's call can be heard, the elders force the marines to cut off the transmission. That's because Imu has crossed Lulusia off the map, and as storm clouds gather, what seems to be several lightning bolts or laser beams come crashing down on the island! The elders conclude that the kingdom of Lulusia.... no longer exists.

-A few days later, back out at sea, the Straw-Hats are sailing through a winter storm. They come across a huge eddy, and after Zoro cuts through it, they discover a girl was inside the water! The girl in question turns out to be Jewelry Bonney of the supernovas, who currently has a 320 million price on her head....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-09-15 at 11:54.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 19:00   Link #2
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers, Sabo reappears (although nothing is said about King Cobra or Vivi) and it seems that we will receive some information from IMP, about Luffy and his dream... everyone should know, right? Or maybe it has something to do with what will happen soon and about Bonney... I think only Zoro knows her, right? But it is possible that the character has interesting information, to wait for more spoilers?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 22:04   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Of all the Worst Generation, I would say Bonney is now at the bottom of the bounty rank for supernovas post-Wano. Considering Urouge (At the bottom of bounty rank for Eleven Supernovas pre-time skip) manages to defeat Snack, I would say his bounty would be at least 500 million.

As for RA, I would say it's a very interesting discovery. They may find some methods on how Imp does the job. As for Vivi, I recall that her portrait was stabbed with a knife, so in by miracle, she may escape death.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-14, 06:59   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Welp, that's it for Carrotbros. Their cope was entertaining while it lasted at least.

With Luffy sharing his dream now of all times, I think the crew is complete. It'd be awkward to welcome a complete newcomer after all this. It's possible Vivi will (re)join, but that's it. Speaking of Vivi, someone (most likely Luffy) says they need to go to Alabasta after hearing the news, and then to Mary Geoise after another SH mentions that's where she disappeared. We'll most likely find out what happened next week since Bonney was there.

Uranus was probably what was used to destroy Lulucia. It's the only remaining weapon we know nothing about.
Old 2022-09-14, 08:33   Link #5
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Welp, that's it for Carrotbros. Their cope was entertaining while it lasted at least.

With Luffy sharing his dream now of all times, I think the crew is complete. It'd be awkward to welcome a complete newcomer after all this. It's possible Vivi will (re)join, but that's it. Speaking of Vivi, someone (most likely Luffy) says they need to go to Alabasta after hearing the news, and then to Mary Geoise after another SH mentions that's where she disappeared. We'll most likely find out what happened next week since Bonney was there.

Uranus was probably what was used to destroy Lulucia. It's the only remaining weapon we know nothing about.
From the makers of Carrotbros, comes Caribeaus. At this rate Eiichiro might as well pull the trigger and have that mudslide join to the dismay of most.
Old 2022-09-14, 12:24   Link #6
Gerard07

Well, as they say above it seems that there is no longer much chance that Carrot has gotten on board the Sunny, about Bonney, maybe we will find out why he was crying in the war 2 years ago and how he escaped from Akainu (the character may have interesting information ) and about Imp having URANUS, it would be interesting, but if the World Government already had such a weapon, why hasn't it been used before? (Perhaps Imp is an Akuma no mi user with a very broken ability), a expect more spoilers.
Old 2022-09-14, 12:45   Link #7
Homura7

Luffy finally shared his dream with his crewmates.

But guess who else had already learned about his dream through another person? If you ever doubted she'll eventually end up joining the Strawhats, look no further
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-14, 18:43   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
From the makers of Carrotbros, comes Caribeaus. At this rate Eiichiro might as well pull the trigger and have that mudslide join to the dismay of most.
Maybe Carrotbros are right and she was hiding on a crate on the Sunny. But Zoro piled some very heavy crates on top of it and she couldn't get out and by now (several days pass between Luffy sharing his dream and them finding Bonney) she has starved to death. They'll find her skeleton in the final chapter and Brook will make a joke that will actually make everyone laugh for once.
Old 2022-09-15, 12:05   Link #9
marvelB

Summary updated! Welp, Luffy's dream is STILL hidden from us readers..... geez, way to tease us, Oda. BTW, no Carrot confirmed, but Caribou is still stowed away on the ship.... maybe he'll turn out to be the actual final member, after all?

As for the Lulusia scene, yeah, I think I'd also lean on Uranus being what destroyed the country. Sabo was still on the island the moment the attack happened, but unless that doomsday weapon is powered by haki and/or sea stone, I think his logia body will guarantee his survival. On the topic of Bonney, as Kanon said earlier, we'll most likely learn the truth about Cobra's assassination from her, since she was at the Reverie. While we're at it, we should finally learn of her connection to Kuma, as well....
Old 2022-09-15, 13:27   Link #10
Gerard07

Clarify me, Luffy's dream is to be free, find the One Piece and become the Pirate King, right? Or am I mistaking something or misreading the spoilers?.

Last edited by Gerard07; 2022-09-15 at 13:45.
Old 2022-09-15, 13:29   Link #11
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Luffy finally shared his dream with his crewmates.

But guess who else had already learned about his dream through another person? If you ever doubted she'll eventually end up joining the Strawhats, look no further
I hope you're talking about Vivi and not a certain delusional snake empress.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-15, 14:12   Link #12
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Or a certain daughter of a former emperor who idolizes Oden that just had her reasoning for staying in Wano explained clear as day last chapter and that her being in layaway to join the crew isn't really that surprising.
Old 2022-09-15, 14:21   Link #13
cyberdemon

We finally get info on sabo and they nuke the island he was on… he should be fine due to his devil fruit but still…
Old 2022-09-15, 15:32   Link #14
grecefar

Lol the second time zoro getting insulted because he doesn't care about vivi like them, even thought he is right.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-15, 18:07   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
He's talking about Yamato. Ace told her what Luffy's dream was.
Old 2022-09-15, 19:06   Link #16
marvelB

And again guys, we shouldn't forget about Caribou! Not only has he been eavesdropping on sensitive info since Fish-man Island, he most likely overhead Luffy announcing his dream this chapter, as well. He's pretty much a full-fledged Straw-Hat at this point!
Old 2022-09-15, 19:42   Link #17
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Switching from hopium tanks to copium tanks and ordering some rope from the nearest boating store...
Just so we're clear: the biggest sin here is not "Carrot not joining the SHs"; its the dogshit character writing that's unforgivable. It might even be the worst character writing in the entire series. A new low for Oda.
Quote:
With Luffy sharing his dream now of all times, I think the crew is complete. It'd be awkward to welcome a complete newcomer after all this. It's possible Vivi will (re)join, but that's it.
Yamato is probably #10. She's the only other character who knows Luffy's dream who's still a nakama candidate and we can reasonably expect will be back for the final war. I just don't know what the point will be at that stage.

---

10/10 chapter otherwise. Finally going to have Bonney enter the story.

Last edited by OH&S; 2022-09-15 at 19:59.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-15, 22:28   Link #18
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, we saw a bit of Imp, could it be that he has destroyed the island with his akuma no mi?, or maybe URANO? (maybe it's a giant flying saucer, although if he already had such a weapon, why hasn't he used it on other occasions?), Caribou is inside the barrel (again) and I sincerely doubt that we will find Carrot inside the Sunny at this point and Bonny appears, perhaps she has interesting information, to wait for the next chapter.
Old 2022-09-15, 22:44   Link #19
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And again guys, we shouldn't forget about Caribou! Not only has he been eavesdropping on sensitive info since Fish-man Island, he most likely overhead Luffy announcing his dream this chapter, as well. He's pretty much a full-fledged Straw-Hat at this point!
I have a bad feeling of having Caribou as a member as I would most likely compare him to Judas who betrayed Jesus.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-15, 22:49   Link #20
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Switching from hopium tanks to copium tanks and ordering some rope from the nearest boating store...
Just so we're clear: the biggest sin here is not "Carrot not joining the SHs"; its the dogshit character writing that's unforgivable. It might even be the worst character writing in the entire series. A new low for Oda.

Yamato is probably #10. She's the only other character who knows Luffy's dream who's still a nakama candidate and we can reasonably expect will be back for the final war. I just don't know what the point will be at that stage.

---

10/10 chapter otherwise. Finally going to have Bonney enter the story.
I would definitely go for Yamato, since Yamato already got the vision from Ace. I'm sure she still remembers his dream.

Zoro so easily reacts to Sanji by calling number 4 and.... Another Zoro vs Sanji again.

Jinbe laughs not because of his dream, rather, he laughs because he serves one troublesome of the Captain.

As for Caribou, he's still have ulterior motive, but I think he's useful as stepping stone for Straw Hats later. We have Nami as manipulator for that.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote