AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-05, 23:47   Link #1
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

H2O ~footprints In The Sand~

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Link to news

I literally gasped when I read that. Wow. So H2O is getting its anime treatment, eh? I look forward to this and it will be interesting to see how they do it, considering that,

Spoiler for very light spoiler about main char:

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-11 at 09:08. Reason: Kadokawa update
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 00:41   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

OOOH this should be great. The game story was very unique and the characters were all memorable. this is definately worth a look.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 07:14   Link #3
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Spoiler for very light spoiler about main char:
One of the CGs on Getchu's site has the girl embarresed because her panties are showing, but why be embaressed, he can't see it anyway

I was wondering why they wanted to animate this game over other games. It did get #23 in MoonPhase's sales ranking for 2006, so there are other games, with much better ranking, they could have picked to animate, but what you mentioned I think is a reason enough to animate this.
Old 2007-10-06, 14:11   Link #4
jwthechamp
~★Protecting Everything★~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
One of the CGs on Getchu's site has the girl embarresed because her panties are showing, but why be embaressed, he can't see it anyway
Actually, I think he was just color blind.

Anyway, this is quite a good news for me too. I also gasped when I found out about it. The art is amazing, the music is beautiful,the characters has an interesting personality, and the story-wise is unique and lovely.

Spoiler for Question:

Last edited by jwthechamp; 2007-10-06 at 14:30.
jwthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:21   Link #5
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthechamp View Post
[/SPOILER]
I see, thanks. that expalins the embarressment.

Can you give us some info concerning the game? good paths, bad paths, the characters the lead has a good ending with.

And the most important question (to me), is there any tsundere characters? (LOL)
Old 2007-10-06, 17:47   Link #6
rg4619

Here's one review/description of the game:

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/ult...;f=16;t=000091

Quote:
Characters:
The game features 3 main girls.

Hayami: The outcast of the school, the other students all refer to her as the "cockroach" I don't want to ruin the plot so thats all I will say.

Hinata: The very typical rich girl whose absurdly polite and is torn between Hayami and the rest of the students.

Otoba: She is not human, only the main character has the ability to see her. She refers to you as the "Promised Person."

Plot:
Ok the basic setup of the game is that your mother is dead, due to your unstable emotional crisis, your father moved way out into the country and naturally you now have a new school. Our hero is the kind of guy that wants to befriend everyone, but theres quite a rift between the rich and the poor. As the story unfolds you'll learn the motivations for all sides of the conflict, and do what you think is right.

Most of the game is a flashback to the hero's school days, then at the end we get to the present where he finally falls in love with one of the girls and has a nice happy ending.

The story is sadly, really really bland. The author had some good ideas, but due to a total lack of direction and extremely slow pace it just falls apart. (Theres a good reason it took me 6 months to finish this one.) The story is supposed to be a serious drama, but it just isn't written well enough to really make you care.

A big problem is that the author employs way too many flashbacks. About 98% of the game is a flashback, OK thats fine. However in this big flashback, you will whitness about 50 smaller flashbacks from your past, and the girls'. Now this would be fine if it was worth having them, but you'll see the exact same flashback of the hero's mother about 10 times and its always the exact same 20min dialog sequence. It just bores you to tears after awhile. Once I actually fell asleep with the game on auto mode, and I never went back to see what I missed cause I just didn't care to.

What really kills it though, is the pace. H2O is a slow game, were talking snail speed here. And the game only has 1 choice for the player to make, yes only 1. This determines which girl's path you go down. However they have to be played in order, so your first play has absolutely no player interaction at all. Really just a spoken book with nice pictures and nothing else.

To top it off, many of the boring slow flashbacks for one girl are exactly the same scenes with the others, and their unskippable. So you get to see the exact same boring scenes on every path.

This is a total shame though, because the characters are quite nice. I wanted to care about them, but the game made it extremely difficult for me too.
I don't know anything about the game myself. However, these comments are similar to a few others I've read online - gorgeous art (which sold the game) and an interesting but questionably written scenario. Nonetheless, an anime adaptation should eliminate many of the original pacing issues.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 18:20   Link #7
NeoSam

Quote:
Spoiler for Question:
The answer to your question, is answered in the link that rg4619 provided:

Quote:
PS. The game has an "Emergency" button for the Japanese highschoolers afraid of their mothers walking in. What it does is shows a random piece of "artwork." The makers put a lot of effort into this as there are about 100 different CGs here. However they are some of the weirdest, most bizzare things I've ever seen. Here's one of the tamer ones:
Odd Photo
Old 2007-10-06, 21:11   Link #8
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Actually he's full-on blind. He walks around with a white cane, and when he meets all the girls, he touches their faces to get an idea of what they look like and such.

And I personally disagree with the review linked by rg4619. I thought the story was pretty touching, and not really slow-paced. Pacing can differ from people to people, and I've definetly played games with waaaaaaaaaayy slower pacing than H2O.
Old 2007-10-07, 03:15   Link #9
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
I've never actually played the game, but I loved the story behind it, and the music was very pretty as well.

Should be interesting to see how this is animated. :s
Old 2007-10-07, 03:18   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

white cane? we are not talking about the colonel now, are we?

Hayami: The outcast of the school; is by far my favorite.
the invisible sunflower girl, well that was a nice surprise, but it didnt leave a lasting impression as hayami's problems.

I wonder if thug #1 and thug #2 will actually get faces.... or not

edit:
just saw that
Animation Production: ZEXCS (D.C. ~Da Capo~, Final Approach)

I liked final approach. now i have high expectations. I hope they can make an awesome musica score or use part of the game's.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-10-07 at 03:29.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 04:05   Link #11
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Here's one review/description of the game:

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/ult...;f=16;t=000091
From the review, the story interested me.

But the comments on pacing was somewhat of a let-down... though not that much.

The weird picture for the emergency button was a turn-off too... Though it probably will not be in the anime, thankfully.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 04:09   Link #12
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The weird picture for the emergency button was a turn-off too... Though it probably will not be in the anime, thankfully.
Unless they animate someone playing the game, and he pushes the button when his mom comes in
Old 2007-10-07, 04:13   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Unless they animate someone playing the game, and he pushes the button when his mom comes in
I thought there is a possibility that the screens will be used for eyecatch.

That'd be eyecatching...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 16:17   Link #14
cyth
Banned

A commercial video was posted on Anime Newtype Channel. It introduced the main cast of the anime and stated that the consumer PS2 version H2O Plus will be released in Winter as well. The series' OP theme song will be a remixed version of the original PC game OP theme song titled H2O. It will be included on the H2O -Prelude- feature that's going on sale on December 21st for 1260 en.
(couldn't read the rest of the video, the part about the OP/ED theme).

Anyway, main cast:

Hirose Takumi: Koshimizu Ami
Kohinata Hayumi: Sakurai Harumi (pseudonym of Kazane)
Kagura Hinata: Tanaka Ryouko (pseudonym of Isshiki Hikaru)
Otoha: Naruse Mia
Tabata Yui: Yasuda Mio
Yakumo Hamaji: Sakakibara Yui
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 22:59   Link #15
Kagami_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
A commercial video was posted on Anime Newtype Channel. It introduced the main cast of the anime and stated that the consumer PS2 version H2O Plus will be released in Winter as well. The series' OP theme song will be a remixed version of the original PC game OP theme song titled H2O. It will be included on the H2O -Prelude- feature that's going on sale on December 21st for 1260 en.
(couldn't read the rest of the video, the part about the OP/ED theme).

Anyway, main cast:

Hirose Takumi: Koshimizu Ami
Kohinata Hayumi: Sakurai Harumi (pseudonym of Kazane)
Kagura Hinata: Tanaka Ryouko (pseudonym of Isshiki Hikaru)
Otoha: Naruse Mia
Tabata Yui: Yasuda Mio
Yakumo Hamaji: Sakakibara Yui
WOW.. the male lead is blind? This should be interesting. I'm looking forward to this
Kagami_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 00:15   Link #16
BOZZY

I remember downloading some promo clips for the game, never expected that it, of all things, would be made into an anime.
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 02:15   Link #17
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I see Ami Koshimizu all over the place now! (not that I dislike her) @_@

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 22:59   Link #18
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Oh wow! I haven't played the game myself, cause I don't play ero games. But I do love Makurasoft's artwork too. I'll keep this in closed fist. I'm interested in the story myself.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 19:24   Link #19
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Last edited by Ichigo91; 2007-12-14 at 04:31.
Ichigo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 22:04   Link #20
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I was actually sorta disappointed by the artwork of the anime, but that won't turn me away from it ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs