AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-05, 02:08   Link #21
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
I don't really see how prime95 will do anything. All it does it use up the idle process to put stress on the ram/cpu

really the only major problem he's having is his CPU throttling isn't turning off. at the same time, from his other post, it looks like he said it went from 797 to 1.79 to 1.99 then back down to 797. that would be normal for the throttler to be on. the cpu hitting 100% is a different issue (i throttle my desktop, and just scrolling a page fast will cause it to go from .94ghz to 2.6ghz and back down)

I wouldn't resort to formatting a hard drive until we figure out which process exactly is causing the load jump.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 05:39   Link #22
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Prime95 doesn;t do squat. It's benchmarking software primarily, it asks the ram/cpu to do computations to push them to it's limits and test stability of the overclock, if the calcs are wrong then there's a problem. You want to flush the ram? Turn the PC off.

All of this is moot until we get a specific make and model of his laptop. Some laptop makes use proprietary power management software some don't some use the windows power profiles. Asus uses power4gear, Toshiba uses proprietary power management etc etc. We don't know how or what his battery/power management software is doing until we know what kind of battery management software his laptop is using. It's not RAM, it's not an o/s issue it is definitely an issue with how his laptop is regulating CPU clock speed to conserve energy,
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2008-02-05 at 05:52.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 12:42   Link #23
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Turn off speedstep.

Clean out the spyware and adware.

Download Prim95 and frequently "flush" your RAM and CPU by maxing out the Torture Test.

If problem still persists, I advise you to completely format the HDD and reset your BIOs and start from the beginning all over again.

If you read my first post you would find out i already clean out everything possible. so thats not the problem.... i won't format my HDD if it wont work ... i don't know right now, because i am at work, hobbes_fan, i will get back to you as soon as i come home. The brand of the computer right?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 15:59   Link #24
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
If you read my first post you would find out i already clean out everything possible. so thats not the problem.... i won't format my HDD if it wont work ... i don't know right now, because i am at work, hobbes_fan, i will get back to you as soon as i come home. The brand of the computer right?
The brand and model number. The model number is usually written somewhere on the computer - generally along the keyboard or right underneath the screen. For example, my girlfriend uses a HP laptop, but there are dozens of HP laptops out there. Her specific model is a "Pavilion dv4000". If you're using a HP it may be something similar, but otherwise note that not all manufacturers use a similar model naming scheme.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:04   Link #25
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

ok, now i am home, and i can tell brand name of my computer: Aspire 5101ANWLMi

thats it ?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2008-02-05, 18:34   Link #26
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Has proprietary feature according to this
http://csd.acer.com.tw/acer/URMUL1.NSF/1af87a750eeeb70f0825628f006e0bfc/4cf1c3b45dc254724825717900203164/$FILE/AS5110_5100_3100-ENG-OLM_0425.pdf

When plgged in it runs at full speed, when on battery it reduces speed. Yo can change the profile used "entertainment" is the best bet

to access these option press function (fn)+f3
http://csd.acer.com.tw/acer/URMUL1.NSF/1af87a750eeeb70f0825628f006e0bfc/4cf1c3b45dc254724825717900203164/$FILE/AS5110_5100_3100-ENG-OLM_0425.pdf
Old 2008-02-05, 18:51   Link #27
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

My laptop is 24/7 plugged in, so that can't be the problem... i will check this manual and i will get back to you
Old 2008-02-05, 20:08   Link #28
Nenkitsune

i do have a question. if you do something cpu intensive, will your clock speed jump to 1.99, then drop back down, or is it stuck at 797?

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-06, 05:36   Link #29
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

when i don't do anything it is at 1.99, and when i do something (like watching youtube, veoh, or anything else which is related to clips ) it drops to 797mhz and doesn't change until i don't do anything....
Old 2008-02-07, 01:45   Link #30
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

That'a ass backwards. What it should be doing is 1.7 when doing something and 797 at idle
Old 2008-02-07, 01:50   Link #31
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If there's a problem with the cooling system or with an overly sensitive temperature indicator it would make sense - a number of systems will self-underclock if the temperature begins rising beyond certain limits. If his processor starts working harder then the temperature would rise. It shouldn't be rising enough to trip those sensors normally, of course.
Old 2008-02-07, 15:38   Link #32
arcadeplayer987

Use this to manage your processes and watch which is getting your CPU to 100%
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 04:35   Link #33
Nenkitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If there's a problem with the cooling system or with an overly sensitive temperature indicator it would make sense - a number of systems will self-underclock if the temperature begins rising beyond certain limits. If his processor starts working harder then the temperature would rise. It shouldn't be rising enough to trip those sensors normally, of course.
that's a really good point and it would cause his system to underclock assbackwards like it's doing.

Any clue one what kind of temps your core his hitting?
I use speedfan to monitor my core temps.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-08, 10:00   Link #34
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

OK, now you deserve a report:

i have find Acer ePower Management program which controls CPU usage, and figure it out how it works with help of hobbes_fan

I think i love you hobbes_fan