AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 19:17   Link #21
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'll probably see it, but it's just not the same looking at that trailer.

At least it linked to the full theme, to which I am now happily listening.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 20:18   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Mr T can never be replaced . Mr T was the heart & soul of the Franchise . I dread the day will Hollywood execs start remaking Elvis movies with Justin in the lead @_@ or Beatles movies with Jonas Bros *______*
Old 2010-01-15, 16:30   Link #23
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

No no no no. I agree with Zu Ra. Absolutely NO-ONE can replace Mr.T as B.A
Meh. I'll still watch it since i was a huge fan of the original series.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 16:47   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah no Mr.T doesn't give much hope for this one. Might check it out, but won't be expecting too much from it.
Old 2010-01-15, 20:10   Link #25
Tiberium Wolf

And Murdock. I don't think anyone can replace Dwight Schultz and his crazy character.
Old 2010-01-15, 20:27   Link #26
Samari
World's Greatest

People are acting like the original series cast is having their jobs taken away. It's been more than 20 years everyone. If the original actors could reprise their roles they would, but it can't be done obviously. Ledger didn't "replace" Nicholson from the Batman franchise...Quinto didn't "replace" Nimoy from Star Trek. It's just a modern rendition. Nothing more. It's not supposed to "replace" anything. It's really just paying homage to it. Stop trippin.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 22:08   Link #27
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Looks interesting, might watch it.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 10:54   Link #28
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
It's just a modern rendition. Nothing more. It's not supposed to "replace" anything. It's really just paying homage to it. Stop trippin.
It's not paying homage to anything, it's just another example of how unoriginal Hollywood has become

C'mon the A-team was anything BUT a good show, the same rehashed plot every episode, just using different scenery (but even that can be debated) and different extras

if ANYTHING made the A-team 'epic' it was because of Peppard, Benedict, Schultz and T

Not the memorable storylines, the character development, extensive special FX, or the well choreographed fightscenes
...because those were non-existant!
Old 2010-01-16, 14:54   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... some of us saw it when it originally aired and, at the time, thought it an odd little live-action cartoon designed for 12 year olds who aren't terribly observant. I think it may still hold the record for number of bullets fired that failed to hit any target.

Not saying it wasn't fun.... but seriously, do ya'll realize how many awful television series from the 60s and 70s are lying dormant awaiting the idea vampires?

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-02-02 at 17:32.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 16:34   Link #30
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
Thumbs down

i sorta grew up with the old a-team. while everyone was watching pokemon and stuff i was watching the a-team.
and i saw a little preview of the new one and i gotta say.
god should smite the studio that makes this nonsens movie, its an insult to the old show and the the actors that played in it.
Old 2010-02-02, 19:35   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ah i see the ever imagintive entertaiment industry is continuing its downward spiral into the 9th layer of hell at an accelrated rate. I grew up watching the A team and this is just garbage. I mean they are already recycling shows 90210 and Melrose place this is pathetic. The A Team was perfect the era it was created in this is just recycled garbage because no one in hollywood knows how to write anymore just redo old shows over and over. Whats next a remake of Airwolf or The Equalizer oh i know they can do Married with Children for a new Generation.

I would have mentioned Knight Rider but they tried that it didnt even last a season.
Old 2010-02-02, 19:49   Link #32
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
ah i see the ever imagintive entertaiment industry is continuing its downward spiral into the 9th layer of hell at an accelrated rate. I grew up watching the A team and this is just garbage. I mean they are already recycling shows 90210 and Melrose place this is pathetic. The A Team was perfect the era it was created in this is just recycled garbage because no one in hollywood knows how to write anymore just redo old shows over and over. Whats next a remake of Airwolf or The Equalizer oh i know they can do Married with Children for a new Generation.

I would have mentioned Knight Rider but they tried that it didnt even last a season.
now that will never be allowed, the people who will try that will be shot and survivors will be shot again.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:24   Link #33
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
this is just recycled garbage because no one in hollywood knows how to write anymore just redo old shows over and over. Whats next a remake of Airwolf or The Equalizer oh i know they can do Married with Children for a new Generation.
Manimalllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-06-17, 20:24   Link #34
Tiberium Wolf

It was entertaining the movie. It didn't have the old feeling but it was ok.
Old 2010-06-19, 12:06   Link #35
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I havent seen the original tv show, but I'm probably gonna make a trip to the theatres for this one. Looks like they have somewhat of a good thing here, as far as a summer action flick goes.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 04:17   Link #36
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
I havent seen the original tv show

My eyes just turned into giant saucers
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 09:33   Link #37
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I always watched the A-team with my parents when I was little, so I hold it very dear. Nostalgia eats all criticism, muhar!

The thing that vexed me most with the trailers is the Mr. T. I agree with the posters before me .. no one can replace him >_< He's walking epicness. First name "Mister", middle name "Period", last name "T"!

I'm not sure if I'll check it out, the trailer didn't really hook me or anything, gonna wait for some reviews.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 15:07   Link #38
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Leave aside your nostalgia and go ahead to the cinemas to catch the movie. It's great fun and stays true to the spirit and verve of the TV series original, even if it takes a bit to get used to Hannibal speaking with an Irish accent.

By and by, Bradley Cooper gives Dirk Benedict a very good run for his money as Faceman 2.0. Quinton Jackson may not have the same presence as the legendary Mr. T, but he more than makes up for it with lots of heart and humble homage (gotta love his tattooed knuckles — watch out for them).

As for Sharlto Copley, he's quite possibly more deranged than the Murdock I remember, in my opinion, and in a more physical way. Classic Murdock was verbally loopy — Murdock 2.0 is completely mad and he knows it.

And, oh, if you do watch the movie, stay pass the credits to catch some cameos.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 16:57   Link #39
james0246

^The one thing I really liked about the film was how much fun the actors were having as there characters (Sharlto Copley especially). Besdies that, the film was, more or less, a standard popcorn summer blockbuster: Stupid, but fun.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 18:56   Link #40
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

hilarious movie. especially when Murdock is hanging onto the helicopter blades singing the song. the villain was surprisingly funny too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote