AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 22:05   Link #61
whsie

@Reaperking.

No, I consider the Ox-Head (Chapter 15 or 16 I think) to be their first meeting.

The reunion I'm speaking of is in the mid or late 20s.
Spoiler for current arc:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 22:23   Link #62
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmorathi View Post
There are many motifs to this that would generally have me pass it off like a very typical action based manga, but it stands out to me in a few ways:

1) The main character doesn't seem to have some secret, hidden power and not so weak he has to be saved at every moment. He's just a guy with some skill that is fighting to make a better world with a group of others.

2) He doesn't have some moral hesitation about killing contrary to most main characters in this genre, nor is he crazily self-obsessed. He seems like a genuinely good kid who misses his friends.

3) Speaking of those friends, in a very general cliche sense, they should have been saved at the last minute by our hero. Or he should have moped about their deaths for volumes on end. Instead he seems to deal with their loss in a very realistic manner, reflecting and looking back on good times, breaking down when he's finally alone and has someone to comfort him.

4) The world is dealt with in a pretty real way, without taking on a 'serious' art style. Concepts such as venereal disease, prostitution, slavery, rape, torture and execution are not avoided without embracing in an overly shocking manner just to elicit attention. It's a nice mixture.

I guess in general it has some cliche points, but I still find it interesting and fun to read without feeling terribly depressed.
If I have to evaluate Tatsumi he would be like:
His fighting skill is C when not serious and B when serious. If something were to trigger him he jump to S. Also had potential to train into that level of skill. Please note I evaluate most Teigu user skill A rank.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 22:56   Link #63
whsie

^ I think that's a fair evaluation of Tatsumi's ability. C in normal. B when serious. S during special occasions. In most of the fights, he's normally in serious mode. The only time he's really accessed his S Rank mode is the fight against the Original Big 3 (whom I consider to be A Rank) under Esdes.

Even with where I'm at, Tatsumi has yet to have a fight that surpassed the one against the Big 3.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 00:01   Link #64
NeutralZero

The C, B, S rank is kinda like on how Indra based Isse.
Though more of B in both Normal and Serious and SSS in special occasion (Isse)...
Akame did mentioned he has general class potential earlier... so it's to be expected...
Even with few defeats here and there...
BUt just how strong are general class?
Esdes aside (Even though they didn't shewed us how she wins against the north), there's the one mentioned equal on her power and higher in rank and two gens that switched sided...
The limit or peak of his growth is still unknown...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 02:59   Link #65
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I believe the leader of Night Raid is also a former general of the empire. She's powerful enough to defeat Akame with Murasame while she herself doesn't possess any teigu. And when we think that both Leona and Tatsumi as well as Bulat have teigu that can increase their physical power greatly (the whole point of having Exclusio and Lion Belt), and still can't be compared to the boss who doesn't have one. That's general class for you...

When will he reach that level anyway!?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 08:59   Link #66
zerodragon

I been following this for almost two years now, i am so happy it getting tranlate now. I like this one alot. i am with the most recent chapter.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 09:51   Link #67
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Well, I decided to give it a read and quickly went searching for the raw afterwards.
This is a good read, although the deaths of many characters got me surprised at first, but it was still kinda refreshing.
And lol at the interesting pairing HeroXEvil Boss. Although she is hardly evil, just has a different views of things.
Looking forward to new chapters!
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 15:37   Link #68
Iron Maw
Banned

Grand General Bodou (i think?) would also be another example of a "general class" fighter since he's apparently equal to Esdese. Also I'm pretty sure Exclusio only increases defense Kleeyook.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 15:57   Link #69
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Usually in this Manga we have the back story of the main characters and sometimes the enemy. So what is the back story of Esdes? Darkskiper said she isn't evil, well not a lot. So what makes her that or does she just enjoy killing 400,000 people?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 16:14   Link #70
Iron Maw
Banned

Much of that number were probably soldiers in the Northern Campaign though.
Old 2012-05-23, 16:22   Link #71
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

This Manga is really starting to look like the things in the Crusades. Rape, torture, poverty, disease, women selling off their body, corruptions, war, and hmm did I forget anything? Oh yes, it does separate it itself from real life however, monsters don't exist in our world.
Old 2012-05-23, 17:11   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Esdes is "evil", don't think theres anyway around that, she may have a sorta "innocence" about her(mostly with Tatsumi from what I've seen).
I guess you could say she doesn't see her actions as evil(but I doubt that) but no matter what anyone says it's all inherently evil by nature.
Even if the author wanted to try to salavge any kinda sympathy for her throughout the story from here, I don't see it working, at least not on me.

Yes I do like her in her villianess ways and her falling for Tatsumi will lead to some juicy melodrama/drama and what not but by the end I do expect Tatsumi to cut her down.
Call it predictable if you want but thats not always a bad thing, just depends on how it's handled.
And Tatsumi/Esdes has got potential for some great story.

I even expect the emperor to die a horrible death, I know it might be that whole "they don't know better" nonsense buy given how this series goes I don't expect that excuse to fly.

Well I guess I expect alot of characters to die in either a glorious or horrible death, can't really have it any other way can we?
Old 2012-05-23, 17:29   Link #73
Iron Maw
Banned

Chapter 10

Pretty emotional chapter this time in many ways and not just dealing with aftermath of Schere's death either. I really like how the Mangaka/s events of story so far.

Esdese is now back so there is big clash coming ahead, and with the bosses at the Revolution Army directly ordering targets suggests that they maybe getting ready to move out. It pretty interesting that someone like her would want to experience love, even the PM and the Emperor were shocked.

EDIT: Leone getting her Tegiu from the Black Market dealer because of her big boobs was pretty amusing too.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-05-23 at 17:43.
Old 2012-05-23, 17:30   Link #74
Avaricia
My Lord

can someone pls. post the link of Chinese raws i really enjoyed this manga
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 17:52   Link #75
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Iron Maw, it is pretty much how it works in real life. The Night Raid is similar to a group of Special Forces. People die all the time, even my cousin who worked as a Chef in a Navy Ship saw people dying a lot. He kept composed until he came home and the tears fell like waterfalls. Remember what happened a year ago, SEAL Team 6 got killed yet we don't see any crying from their fellow SEALS. Ch 10 demonstrates that, sometimes you have to keep it in for the sake of moral then unleash it when it is inevitable. Wonder what is going to happened next, the popularity is growing everyday meaning translation are going to come quicker. What is this manga anyway, is it weekly or monthly?
Old 2012-05-23, 17:56   Link #76
Tenchi Hou Take

definately monthly you don't get that many pages in a weekly manga, (or even most monthlies funnily enough...).

I find it ironic the main character made an in story declaration about him not dying, I guess that's the authors way of telling us that everyone else is fair game.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:06   Link #77
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

No it is clear Newbie talk. Friend in the military told me many new recruits makes the statement they will live through everything and come home intact during their first tour. Though we all know what war look like, not as clearly as those on the ground with weapons, but we do get the picture. Still I believe the way the author did torture in the Manga seem to over exaggerated though it mirrors what Vietnam War POW faced. The part where Tatsumi hit himself to wake up and say this is reality is pretty nice. Sure hell would do it to the people who disrespect military. If I had the power to teach people a lesson of what people in the military do for us, I will probably dropped them off in Zambia and see how long they last if they think the military is worthless.
Old 2012-05-23, 18:14   Link #78
Shadow5YA

Why do I get the feeling that Esdese is going to end up falling for Tatsumi?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:18   Link #79
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2012-05-23, 18:26   Link #80
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Iron Maw, it is pretty much how it works in real life. The Night Raid is similar to a group of Special Forces. People die all the time, even my cousin who worked as a Chef in a Navy Ship saw people dying a lot. He kept composed until he came home and the tears fell like waterfalls. Remember what happened a year ago, SEAL Team 6 got killed yet we don't see any crying from their fellow SEALS. Ch 10 demonstrates that, sometimes you have to keep it in for the sake of moral then unleash it when it is inevitable. Wonder what is going to happened next, the popularity is growing everyday meaning translation are going to come quicker. What is this manga anyway, is it weekly or monthly?
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. I've met people who had friends in military undrgo very similar emotional trauma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
definately monthly you don't get that many pages in a weekly manga, (or even most monthlies funnily enough...).

I find it ironic the main character made an in story declaration about him not dying, I guess that's the authors way of telling us that everyone else is fair game.
Mein made the same statement too back in Ch4 and she's still living up to it. It's something very meaningful considering the times that Tatsumi and Akame live in. At very least this brings them closer together and allows the two soldier-on til the end.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-05-23 at 18:41.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!