AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-05-17, 01:40   Link #61
Valky
Radioactive

To Watch List (listed according to priorities)
  • Campione!
  • Sword Art Online
  • Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate
  • Oda Nobuna no Yabou
  • Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
  • Dog Days'
  • Yuru Yuri 2
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Rinne no Lagrange Second Season
  • Hagure Yuunsha no Estetica
  • Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
  • Muv-Luv Alternative : Total Eclipse
  • Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 00:55   Link #62
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow this season is really poor compared to Spring. I'll get more times to watch or do something else.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 14:59   Link #63
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Kinda poor selection. But still, there is Muv-Luv Alternative : Total Eclipse that I can't wait to see. I'll check out the Sword Art Online and Code Geass: Gaiden along the way.
Old 2012-05-20, 15:58   Link #64
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yeah I wonder what happened to summer... T.T
Old 2012-05-21, 05:21   Link #65
VampirePaladin

Nothing really pulls to me to watch, but there are a few things I will wait until the reviews come out and will read them just to get an idea what goes on in the first ep.

Hagure Yuusha no Escetica
Sword Art Online
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Binbougami ga!

I find one between the four that I like then I will be happy. It will give me a chance to work on my backlog.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 11:02   Link #66
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

When is Seizon 2 airing BTW?
Old 2012-05-21, 13:24   Link #67
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
We don't really know for the moment, probably in winter.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 20:35   Link #68
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Neregate chart Version 3 is now out: http://static.neregate.com/2012/05/n...2-Anime-v3.png

I'll update my post on the first page to include the latest Neregate chart and rearrange it a little. But I'll probably do that tomorrow.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:45   Link #69
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No matter how many times I look at it, it doesn't get any better...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:46   Link #70
Dr. Casey

why does everyone hate this season so much

I think it looks pretty damn good myself
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 01:21   Link #71
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Finally, a season for me! All of the generic harems, trivial comedies, and cute girls I could ever ask for!

I'm going to watch these first:
Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Yuruyuri S2
Moyashimon Returns
Sword Art Online
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Dakara Boku wa, H wa Dekinai
Dog Days S2
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Binbou-gami ga!
Ebiten: Longest Subtitle Ever
Tari Tari
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
Campione!
Kokoro Connect
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Joshiraku
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

And I'll wait for word-of-mouth for everything else.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
OTOH, I'd likely be very interested in Kokoro Connect if Oonuma Shin weren't directing it.
Would you be slightly more interested if I brought up that he directed ef - a tale of memories? You probably knew already, but just in case .

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2012-05-25 at 04:09.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 01:36   Link #72
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I would say fall considering that season 1 came out fall 2009 so that's my best bet.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:08   Link #73
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Wow. I thought the winter season was the worst ever (ok, that's harsh, let's go with mediocre).

Obviously, shows can surprise me, but for now, it looks like there's only one show that'll hold my interest this summer:

Aruvu Rezuru

Though, I am open to the idea that I will find this Moyashimon as pointlessly enjoyable as the first season.

That said, the movies/ovas show a little more promise with the next Gundam Unicorn coming out (it feels like it's been years since the last episode). Anything Rourin Kenshin will always be an automatic must see for me as well.

Unlike many of my fellow animesuki members, I found Blood C to be incredibly hilarious (and thus, of high entertainment value), so I'm sure the movie will be a bucket load of laughs as well.

I'm not really sure what to make of the Berserk movie. If it's new content, then great. If it's just rehashing the series, then boo. Yes, I'm too lazy to bother googling. Though, even if it is new material, as I do read the manga, I am not expecting to gush over it. Unlike some, I have a hard time rating anime highly if I already know what's going to happen, regardless of the production values.

Khronos Gear sounds interesting as well, though I generally hate short shows (ovas), because I'm inevitably left wanting more. Tales of Symphonia is no masterpiece, but there's usually some pretty animation and fighting, so I'm sure I'll try to catch the next episode as well. Rounding out ovas that I'll likely try to catch are Dantalian and possibly the Code Geass one that has nothing to do with Nunnally.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 03:00   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Would you be slightly more interested if I brought up that he directed ef - a tale of memories? You probably knew already, but just in case .
Well aware, but in Shin's case it's "what have you done for me lately?" I've been progressively less impressed with his work pretty much without fail since the first season of Baka Test. Right now Shin is like all the annoying things about Shinbou and none of the good ones.

BTW - did you know "Tari Tari" is Japanese for "We're not even trying anymore?"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 03:52   Link #75
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Well aware, but in Shin's case it's "what have you done for me lately?" I've been progressively less impressed with his work pretty much without fail since the first season of Baka Test. Right now Shin is like all the annoying things about Shinbou and none of the good ones.

Mmm, I guess if I think about it, I have the same opinion. If it weren't for ef, I probably wouldn't be optimistic about him at all. At least Kokoro Connect seems a bit different in pacing from some of his other works, so I'm curious to see how he handles it. For me, anyway, the premise of dealing with body switching and Horiguchi's designs (of whom I'm a fan ) are enough to convince me to give it a try, but I can understand being really put off by him if you put it that way.

I personally am honestly just hoping for another ef, or at least something kinda touching. In fact, it's only because of ef that I think Oonuma might be more suited for this role than Shinbo. I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about directing though, nor do I pick up on a lot of their influences.

Well, Tari Tari doesn't seem like it's trying very hard to leave an impression .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:53   Link #76
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
It's japanese for "What we're really working on right now is the Hana-Saku Iroha movie"
Old 2012-05-25, 05:07   Link #77
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

It's Japanese for "We initially wanted a horse in Hanairo, but that Okada Mari insisted we change it to a heron..."

By the way, looking forward to Moyashimon, Kokoro, Koichoco, Lagrange 2, and maybe Sword Art Online and Natsuyuki Rendezvous.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 06:03   Link #78
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
It's Japanese for "We're gonna copy this and that (That's what it stands for in English) from Iroha".

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Mmm, I guess if I think about it, I have the same opinion. If it weren't for ef, I probably wouldn't be optimistic about him at all. At least Kokoro Connect seems a bit different in pacing from some of his other works, so I'm curious to see how he handles it. For me, anyway, the premise of dealing with body switching and Horiguchi's designs (of whom I'm a fan ) are enough to convince me to give it a try, but I can understand being really put off by him if you put it that way.

I personally am honestly just hoping for another ef, or at least something kinda touching. In fact, it's only because of ef that I think Oonuma might be more suited for this role than Shinbo. I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about directing though, nor do I pick up on a lot of their influences.
As I said in numerous other threads, last chance for this guy. Oonuma had fairly bad source material to adapt from in the past but this time he got a decent one. I'm not expecting an ef, but I do want at least above average, because I cry every time I get reminded that he did Baka Test after he did ef, and it was just downhill from there. Tasogare x Amnesia this season included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
"We initially wanted a horse in Hanairo, but that Okada Mari insisted we change it to a heron..."
The heron is such a troll. Just like her.

As for what I'm looking forward to... well, not a whole lot, but I don't think it's as bad as some people think it is. Rewind back to 2009/10 peeps or the years between 2000-2005.

Moyashimon - noitamina enough said
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - Josei enough said
Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu - Josei enough said
Sword Art Online - LN is a killer seller. Hopefully it's better than Accel World which is by the same author
Muv Luv - I know that MuvLuv is the #1 ranked on VNDB but apparently its not related
Koichoco - Largely because of dem beautiful character designs
Kokoro Connect - crossing fingers that Oonuma doesn't fail
Tari Tari - Hanasaku iroha without Okada. This is the biggest tossup considering Okada has been on "do whatever the f*** she wants /trollparty mode" for a while now, but then again she does some wonderful stuff when she's not egoflated.

As for OVAs:

2nd episode of Kimi no Iru Machi - Guilty pleasure for these types of soap opera-ish dramas\
To Love Ru Darkness - "Demiperv" and and "Pervwing" convinced me to.
Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland & Code Geass Gaiden - WB Code Geass. Even if you're a alternative spinoff.

Man, I should really just start a Mari Okada thread on the General Forums thread, considering Gen Urobuchi is there too. That way I won't be tempted to dump my schizophrenic reactions to her in every thread she's involved in

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-05-25 at 06:26.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:15   Link #79
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Well for me.. this is backlog season, baby.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:50   Link #80
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Kingdom - ksjdlkjd!! This is going to be epic.
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - I though the author's other work "Chiruhi" was quite poignant and nuanced. Hope this would be the same... Heck, I'll watch this for Kou Matsuo alone. If the voice acting here is anything as good as Red Garden's and Kurenai's, I'll forgive Noitamina for their past grievous trash.
Moyashimon - Hell yeah! Finally!
Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu - Setting seems really interesting...
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series