AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 07:05   Link #2181
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm just trying to find a champ I'm good at that isn't AD range. -_- And I tend to have more fun when Konakaga is around, which is only on weekends.

I just finished a grind to unlock Irelia. She seems more of what I'd want to play in top lane, hopefully I have better times with her than Riven. I've done decent with Warwick/Shaco jungling but I get abandoned so many times by teammates when they tell em to go in I've had it with jungling. If you're a bruiser/assassin and your team bails on you, what's the point?
Old 2012-05-30, 08:41   Link #2182
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Not sure why that's a problem. My 'leave at choice screen' is usually triggered by someone picking Taric, Kog'Maw, Evelynn, Twtich, Heimerdinger, Anivia, Corki, Gragas, Karma, Katarina, Orianna or Ziggs. Or if there weren't enough melee/tankies.
There is nothing wrong with most of those champions. Only Eve/Twitch/Karma are fairly weak.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 10:10   Link #2183
Kafriel
Senior Guest

People can fail epicly as Gragas, potential misuse of ulti scares the crap out of people. The rest are not really a problem, just don't pick Heimer against a mobile team.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 03:51   Link #2184
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
There is nothing wrong with most of those champions. Only Eve/Twitch/Karma are fairly weak.
Well, your playing experience differs greatly from mine. I do have reasons over time.

Taric - I have NEVER seen a good one. NEVER! Almost any game I've been with a Taric is a loss because all he does is stun and then die.

Kog'Maw - I know he's good. Simply all the good ones are always on the other team and top lane. I always get stuck with that bad ones that have at least 1/5 kill-to death ratios and ruin the game.

Evelynn - I've versed a couple of good ones but unless you get lucky early and go tanky, it's a drain on the team.

Twtich - Has to be babysat like a boss.

Heimerdinger - Decent lane holder but needs chaperoning to the max. And again, I get stuck with the feeder ones.

Anivia - Decent midder but after 20-25 mins, Anivia is one of my fave gank targets because they fall apart like sawdust.

Corki - Decent ganker but hate their survivability. I.e. They just don't.

Gragas - They barrel spam and run at the first sign of trouble. And they tend to do their ulti AFTER a big battle...

Karma - Nothing good to say.

Katarina - Yes, her ulti can own but only if an enemy team is stupid enough to not go after her. Been stuck with so many feeder Kats that I've had to carry in 45 min + victories in comebacks or 20 min losses that I'm sick of it.

Orianna - I know she's good. But as Kafriel once said, she is virtually the hardest champ. And I still remember the Orianna that fed a Fiora to 33/3/3. Unless they have 3 melee blocking the way, Orianna can easily be picked off.

Ziggs - He is useful...but most people play him greedily. They don't ulti on the team fight but the fleer...Or their aoe slow placement sucks or they don't bother to help in team fights and whinge when their side is losing.

I'm sure that in ranked, most of them are decent. But in normal, I've learnt by now that those guys spell trouble in the hands of randoms and it's not worth wasting half an hour or more of my time when it's a 90%+ lock-in it will be a loss because of that champion.
Old 2012-05-31, 04:11   Link #2185
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Truth. For average Normal if you play well then it doesn't matter. With sufficient skills, you can still dominate with anyone. It doesn't guarantee you will win, but you don't need to always win to have fun. The game can be worthwhile no matter how poorly your team plays. Even at Platinum rank players often make mistake, and you just have always be prepared and try your best. Complaining doesn't help and Q Dodge is just chancy. While it is a team game, players let other players ruin their gaming experience too easily.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2012-05-31 at 04:24. Reason: add stuff 2/3/4:22 AM real.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 07:05   Link #2186
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Taric, like all supports, depends on their lane partner. In particular, I hate ganking a Taric/Urgot combo, as taric stun + shatter into urgot corrosive charge + acid hunter not only does a ton of damage, but has a good amount of cc as well.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 07:15   Link #2187
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Taric is a very solid champion imo. He shines as support, especially when paired with someone like Caitlyn; dazzle gives her time to set up a trap and shatter increases her headshot damage, making room for some heavy punishment.
Evelyn should be taken off the champion roster until her remake. I've tried all kinds of roles with her and several different builds only to get an average champion with her ultimate being her only redeeming quality.
Twitch is okay as long as the people playing him know how to gank with him and when to bail out of a tf/push.
Karma+Lulu+Fiora=6XX MS for ~6 seconds. Fun fun
Old 2012-05-31, 07:26   Link #2188
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

For a comparative point, champs I like being teamed with: (no order of preference)

Ahri, Akali, Amumu, Fiddlesticks, Fizz, Garen, Irelia, Jax, LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Lulu, Lux, Nautilus, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Skarner, Sona.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:04   Link #2189
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I play a lot of support but I'd almost never play Taric in solo queue. His stun/shatter depends on his AD to follow up with some damage and without coordination this mostly doesn't work.

That said I had a lot of fun playing Cait with a Naut support.
Old 2012-05-31, 11:30   Link #2190
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

That art spotlight looks to me as another AD carry .
Old 2012-05-31, 11:43   Link #2191
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
He dual wields though, so he probably has a weapon throw skill of sorts like Kat, Olaf, or Akali use while still being melee. So if I were to guess he'd be an Assassin or Brusier rather than a Carry.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:54   Link #2192
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ah yeah, that makes sense, Assassin probably. What we need is a tank like Alistar or Poppy.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:16   Link #2193
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I play a lot of support but I'd almost never play Taric in solo queue. His stun/shatter depends on his AD to follow up with some damage and without coordination this mostly doesn't work.

That said I had a lot of fun playing Cait with a Naut support.
Naut is fun to be teamed with. Something we agree on. I've seen Naut/Xin Zhao combo utterly destroy opposition.
Old 2012-05-31, 18:17   Link #2194
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
He dual wields though, so he probably has a weapon throw skill of sorts like Kat, Olaf, or Akali use while still being melee. So if I were to guess he'd be an Assassin or Brusier rather than a Carry.
Quote:
Ah yeah, that makes sense, Assassin probably. What we need is a tank like Alistar or Poppy.
Actually after looking thru the dev tracker from when I was gone, it seems he will be a ranged AD carry, wonder how that will work out , though he could be a secondary "Assassin" like Vayne.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 18:51   Link #2195
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ahahah, I was going to mention that it looked like he threw that sword/axe into the ground, but I thought I would be shunned. I definitely think he will be range AD, sort of like trist or Vayne like Konakaga said.

What would be awesome, but I think it is 100% unlikely is if he is range AP
Old 2012-05-31, 23:03   Link #2196
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

He is ranged AD and his abilities look friggin hilarious.

Also double IP weekend incoming.
Old 2012-06-01, 10:40   Link #2197
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Why so funny? is the information on the riot website?

Nevermind that found it:
Quote:
Wicked Blades (passive) - Draven's Critical Strikes deal bonus physical damage over time. Spinning Axe also causes this effect even if it does not Critically Strike.
Spinning Axe - Draven's next attack will deal bonus physical damage. This axe will ricochet off the target high up into the air. If Draven catches it, he automatically readies another Spinning Axe. Draven can have two Spinning Axes at once.
Blood Rush - Draven gains increased Movement Speed and Attack Speed. The Movement Speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration. Catching a Spinning Axe will refresh the cooldown of Blood Rush.
Stand Aside - Draven throws his axes, dealing physical damage to targets hit and knocking them aside. Targets hit are slowed.
Whirling Death (Ultimate) - Draven hurls two massive axes dealing physical damage to each unit struck. Whirling Death slowly reverses direction and returns to Draven after striking an enemy champion. Draven may also activate this ability while the axes are in flight to cause it to return early. Deals less damage for each unit hit and resets when the axes reverse direction.
Now I understand why you find it funny

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-06-01 at 10:42. Reason: Found the information
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 10:55   Link #2198
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

13k IP (the amount I earned last double IP weekend what, 2 years ago?) here I come! XD

Though this time I have no idea what to spend it on. Maybe Lulu + Energy regen seals?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:28   Link #2199
Destined_Fate

Used to play this but got bored when they dropped their lore for many of the new champions. Have they ever remedied this or are they just churning out new champions, giving them a short backstory only, and just leaving it at that?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 12:09   Link #2200
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Though this time I have no idea what to spend it on.
I'm always sitting on 20-30k IP even though I keep buying the latest champions most of the time. I'm pretty much content with my runeset, MS quints are hard to let go :P
Quote:
Have they ever remedied this or are they just churning out new champions, giving them a short backstory only, and just leaving it at that?
Haven't seen any judgement since...Xerath?

Tags
league of legends, lol